3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who wants to go hunting  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who wants to go hunting
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2009, 10:47:00 AM »
Dang Joe, sounds like a good trip!

I hunted east central AL once with a guy from work who grew up in Dothan.  He and his family belonged to a club around Uchee (I think that was how it was spelled).  It was an awesome hunt even though I didn't get a deer.  I had two bobcats come under my stand to about 10 yards!

When is the rut in your part of AL?  Where we were it was in January and February.  I remember thinking how odd it seemed and then to see scrapes in that sandy soil just didn't look right but that is one of the great things about going somewhere else to hunt.  It's different yet the same if you know what I mean.  Their lease was paper company land and a lot of it was different stages of pine growth but they had some good hardwood bottoms with a lot of white oaks.  Lots of sweet gum trees too which were their preferred tree for climbing stands.  Looked like a telephone pole with branches coming out the top.

The whole time I was there I was "Damn Yankee" but it was all in fun.  I did learn to stay away from their "Ancient Age" bourbon whiskey or as they said, "The best danged cheap whiskey money can buy".
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline BowPlinker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2009, 01:05:00 PM »
Will be contacting you. Live in Louisiana.
Thats not that far away!!!!
Ken
Acadian Woods 56" 3pc Tree Stick
Acadian Woods 56" 1pc Tree Stick
Pine Hollow Osage. 58" longbow
Owner of Calumet Trade Goods
   http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=162;t=000031

Offline bow loving man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2009, 01:40:00 PM »
Joe sent you a pm...thanks,Barry
"...on earth as it is in heaven..."

Offline missagain

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2009, 11:34:00 PM »
hey joe , i live in pinson about 20 minutes north of the airport, i would love to get into an all trad club ,i also have 2 older brothers that shoot traditonal with me ,if you need any help let me know how much dues are gonna run.

Offline beyondmyken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2009, 12:52:00 AM »
It sounds like a fine offer and I hope others get the chance.  If you are looking for a trad shoot, you might think about Cloverdale, IN in June.  Great chance to meet lots of trad archers.  Maybe you could hitch a ride with some of the Southern vendors that come.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©