3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: samick bpws  (Read 404 times)

Offline yekrut

• Trad Bowhunter
samick bpws
« on: November 24, 2009, 09:24:00 PM »
Just was wondering about these bows, are they good, for the price. I have seen some pics of them delaminating, are they a trust worthy bow. I am thinking of buying one with my christmas bonus, I do not make much money so I need cheap and simple. any advice. I already checked the calssifieds and can't afford any of them, so I am stuck with getting a lower end bow? Thanks
There are many good moccasin tracks along the trail of a straight arrow: ( fox )

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: samick bpws
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 09:27:00 PM »
check out rmsgear.com

Samick are good bows from what I have read, I did read some that delaminated but 3rivers sells the Sage and I don't think they would sell a bad bow to anyone.

Offline Neutron

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 09:39:00 PM »
Do a search on here.  There is a post that has a link to review of one.

Offline yekrut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 09:42:00 PM »
I looked at the rmsgear.com sight , but I am a lefty and there are only a few that are priced low enough for me to afford. but thanks though , I may yet find one on there?
There are many good moccasin tracks along the trail of a straight arrow: ( fox )

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 11:55:00 PM »
I'm waiting on a 3pc. Samick Red Stag I bought on the auction site a few days ago after reading the discussions on this site about them. I need a light poundage bow for working on form, and if I like it I'll get a set of heavier limbs for hunting.
 AS Neutron advised, do a search on "Samick" and you'll get plenty of reading on them. Lancaster Archery has a good selection, but TradTech has the most models.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline fido dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 12:23:00 AM »
I have enjoyed my Samick until it blew up on me. Now this MAY have been because a buddy dry fired it once a week before or MAY NOT. I don't know. It scared the living crud out of me though. It's under warranty and will be replaced.

I enjoyed shooting it every night for 9 mos. They are a good starter bow and I will still recommend them.
A politician who acts foolishly may NOT be acting!

Offline WidowEater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 12:34:00 AM »
I think you will be better served with an older vintage Bear or Martin.  They can be found in lefty quite easily (I would know   ;)  )

And the prices of some of these are not bad at all.
Silence over speed.  Heavier arrows never hurt.

Offline Jaeger

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 04:54:00 AM »
Man, Samick has some nice stuff out right now. For not a lot of money their Devastator  3 piece take down is really nice.
I was at Lancaster the other day and looked at some 2010 prototypes. They had a 3 piece take down recurve with a cocobolo riser and some sort of stunningly fancy limbs. It doesn't have a name yet, let alone a price. It is a georgeous bow!
Samick has come a long way. Call Tradtech and see what they have in your price range.
TGMM Family of the Bow
United Bowhunters of PA

Offline James on laptop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 06:53:00 AM »
Every bowyer out there has had bows that had a problem once in a while.Most don't build or sale a 10th as many as Samick does however.Shoot some and see how you like them.If you like the way a bow shoots then you are not stuck buying a low end bow.You are just buying a bow you like at at 20 percent the price of another you might like almost as well.  :D  

When you buy by shooting qualites in a bow instead of fancy woodwork you might be surprised by what you start considering a "low end" bow and it might have nothing to do with price.jmo

Offline shortstroke 91

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 11:21:00 AM »
I have a Samick Stingray that I absolutely love. I've got some higher end bows as well but this one shoots as good or better than most of them. You take your chances with whatever you buy but I'd get another one of these in a heartbeat. All my other bows are gathering dust.
shortstroke 91
TBOT Life Member

"BLOOD MAKES THE GRASS GROW"

Offline yekrut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 03:30:00 PM »
I am sorta interrested in the samick stingray. Its the right price for me!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©