3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sad News- One of ours needs cheered up  (Read 2869 times)

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
Sad News- One of ours needs cheered up
« on: November 25, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »
Last night Andy Ivy informed me that his visa renewal has been denied and he's gotta go back to UK. For those of you that are not aware Andy and his family moved to Gunnison, Colorado earlier this year to start a new life. They bought an RV Park and have been working hard at it ever since.

Andy's in the dumps with this news. So I'm hoping some well wishes from his Trad Family will pick him up some. The world is a small place when you have your Trad Gang Family behind you!

I am fortunate to have shared camp with Andy and his family a few times. He's a fine young man, he will do well wherever and whatever he does in life. The passion and enthusiasm Andy shows for our sport is second to none. Those of you that know Andy already know this.
hunt it

Offline Owlgrowler

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sad News- One of ours needs cheered up
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 09:18:00 AM »
Thousands of illegal criminals, gang members in some cases, in this country and a good guy like Andy gets the boot.(Unless, of course, he got denied because of illegal activities.)

What can we do to help?
Bragging may not bring happiness,
but no man having caught a large fish,goes home through the alley.

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 09:28:00 AM »
Just speechless... :mad:  I literally can't find words. Is there anything we or anyone else can do???

Andy, we're not lettin you go without a fight! Very sorry my friend,

Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 09:40:00 AM »
When does he have to leave???

I agree, tries to do it legaly and look where it got him.  You can get further in this country now my breaking the law.  What a shame.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 09:41:00 AM »
Everything just seems so screwed up right now with our government. Your mistake, Andy, was to come over here and be a good citizen.
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 09:43:00 AM »
Sorry  to hear this Andy...let us know if there is anything we can do...hang in there brother.

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 09:47:00 AM »
Andy- as you can see, you have friends here. If anything can be done, I and your Tradgang brothers stand ready and willing. Our loss for sure.  Grant

Offline BowMIke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 09:48:00 AM »
Hopefully Andy can keep working to return and stay permanantly. America has always been open for legal immigration. It would be wonderful if Andy and his family can return and become legal American citizens.
This is the type of immigrants America needs to continue to thrive in the future.
Not people looking for handouts or sending all their money home to another country.           We are all supporting you Andy and hope it can all be worked out.

Offline Irish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 09:51:00 AM »
Exchanged messages with Andy last night - he is really in the dumps about this.   He could use some cheering up.
Mel Riley

Offline Irish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 09:52:00 AM »
Terry, I believe he is leaving Jan 15th
Mel Riley

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 09:53:00 AM »
Best wishes to you, Andy.  I really hope some path will open up to allow you to stay... or return!  Sorry to hear of this trial in your life.

Daryl
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 09:54:00 AM »
Andy you have friends here some you have never met but friends the same. I hope that you can get this worked out.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Irish Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 09:55:00 AM »
Why would his visa be denied? Was there a reason? Maybe he can share some insight. Good luck Andy.

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 10:02:00 AM »
Wow! what have we come to? Keep us posted and lets help the guy out. What will become of his business. do the government dip ***** just say oh well? lets flood the govenors office with emails and phone calls, in a nice but pointed way. lets get the numbers posted.
What a load! we sure don't need anybody else helping to pay for the illegals do we?
   Andy, keep your chin up and keep working hard at it you got sometime and good things can still happen.
Hang in there.
Chuck
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 10:22:00 AM »
how about instead of trying to cheer him up till he has to go we do something about it.

If Andy isn't a criminal, there's a lot that can be done.

Has he spoken with his senator and congressman? Does he have anyone in Colorado who will vouch for him and his family's efforts at good citizenship?

We can ALL call OUR congressional reps and senators and tell them about it, if Andy is willing to share details so we can speak intelligently.

What say you?
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Missouri Sherpa

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 10:22:00 AM »
I have visited with some Mexican visitors here that are here legally.  They have had their work visas expire and they go home but they are able to legally come back in a few months with connections for a job lined up.  You have to respect the intent and limitations of the law and work with it and not do anything illegal, otherwise returning will become problematic.  If anyone has gainful employment, even temporary, for Andy it may make it better for him to get another visa sooner than later.

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 10:37:00 AM »
To try and stay here and become a US citizen he needs a sponsor, preferably one who lives in his area that knows him.    

He needs to apply for a working visa and we need to get a petition together, electronic or hard copy signatures and get everyones name on it, and then send copies to his senators, governor, the presidents office, and his local and Washington DC immigration burea branches.  

Irritate enough citizens and they yell.  Enough citizens yelling gets government attention.  Then the government actually listens.  Something to do with the big guys wanting to get re-elected.  I work in government trust me on this one!

This is a perfect chance for us all to make an actual difference.  Not only for Andy but ourselves and our govenrment.  We need to let them know this kind of stuff is not tolerated while criminals and illegals run free.  

I work for a government angency and can tell you the squeeky wheel does get the grease.  To much noise and the bosses start looking for what is wrong and who is not acting properly in their offices.

Moderators, how would we go about getting an online petition set up here on this site?  Is it possible?  

To the original poster of the thread, how do we get specific information on the immigration officials he is dealing with.  Phone number, address, email, etc...  We need to know the bosses above his contact at least two, and preferably three levels.  How do we find out who the senator and representatives for his district are?  We need to make sure they get flooded with phone calls, emails, letters, and petitions so they know the good guys get to stay and be productive citizens.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 10:39:00 AM »
TTT.
Ray nailed it, that is the best way to get it done. Lets get some details and phone numbers and get to work.
   As did the Sherpa and Mr.Walker
The original post said he has purchased a business.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline turkey522

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2009, 11:24:00 AM »
TTT for Andy,don't know him but have always enjoyed reading his post.

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2009, 11:27:00 AM »
First off find out straight from Andy if he wants us to be squeeky.  If, so THEN make some noise!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©