3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sad News- One of ours needs cheered up  (Read 2874 times)

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sad News- One of ours needs cheered up
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2009, 11:46:00 AM »
man been through all of that immigration stuff and it si a pain. We can all call our Senators, doesn't matter Colorado or not and express our disdain with his situation. You can be illegally here and they do nothing to you - legally here and they torture you. Been there done that.

Seriously call YOUR states people and tell them Andy's situation and where he is coming out of. It does get peoples attention.

J
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Online Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2009, 11:52:00 AM »
I don's know Andy personly either, but from reading his posts I can confidently say he has a good head on his shoulders and has what it takes to get through this.  He will find a way to be where he wants to be.

Best wishes to him and am sure it will work out well for him!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2009, 11:54:00 AM »
Thanks all! I have no idea of the visa process to become a legal American Citizen. All I can say is that it is not due to any wrong doing on Andy's part. He is here legally and somehow the process has turned sour. His Dad has another option to apply for different visa which may work for him but not Andy.

Perhaps Andy can give us more details but I'm sure it's complex at the least. If there is anything this Canadian guy can do to help, I'll do so. I'm pretty sure adoption or marrying one of your daughters is not an option once they have said pack up and go. If any of you is in good with Mr.Obama now is the time to admit it.
hunt it

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2009, 01:15:00 PM »
Keep us posted on the progress and I'll sure do anything I can that might help.  
It's not over Andy, it might be temporary, but I have faith that you will end up here somehow.
Good luck!!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Son of Texas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2009, 01:53:00 PM »
Andy sorry to hear the bad news, your a GREAT young man and I hope there's something we can do to help. You and your family would be an asset to this country.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2009, 02:05:00 PM »
I'm not surprised. We have radical muslums preaching and shouting anti American everything on the streets of NYC, and don't do anything about it, yet our govt kicks someone who is here because he wants to be here living the American dream, and doing everything the right way.

Go figure

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2009, 02:09:00 PM »
Maybe a petition of supporters offering various credence to Andy's validity as worthwhile citizen? Let me know how I/we can help. Tragic when you think of 30 million illegals including so many criminals.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2009, 02:22:00 PM »
Just another example of our "Enlightened Goverment" at work, the same Gov. that is taking over more of our lives everyday. Prayers out for Andy, and I'll be following this for info on anything I can do to help.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2009, 02:27:00 PM »
Guys,I know by my own experience that it is really tough to earn a green card or Visa right now.I wished to move in Colorado myself but never been able.I don't ask anything just to move my money and help the US economy,I don't need anything(just hunting licences)but not been able to have anything.So I come and go,back and forth.Andy you have all my simpaty and I can feel your feelings.Felix
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2009, 02:31:00 PM »
I spoke with both Andy & Allan earlier in the week & there's still hope for Allan & Francine to return on the same Visa the Jules & I needed to get here. It is a very long, expensive & incredibly complex procedure, but I'm 99.9% sure that they meet the needed criteria. I've put them in touch with the Visa company back in the UK that we used & hopefully they should be able to get back here by next spring.

I reall don't understand why it is the way it is, but getting here from England is almost impossible. We're only here on a 2 year renewable Visa & there isn't a day goes by that I don't worry about renewal in 2011. Attaining citizenship makes getting a Visa look like a walk in the park! Officially I'm not even classed as an Immigrant! I'm a Non-Immigrant Alien, as is Andy. That 'Non-Immigrant' status basically means that we have NO rights or argument if the US Government decides that it no longer wants us here. We have to have had 2 un-opposed Visa renewals before we could even apply for a greencard & then we can start applying for citizenship. That could take 1, 2, 5 or 10 years or it may never even happen.

It cost us in excess of £20K just to get through the legalities of being able to be here in the position we're in now & it'll probably be about the same for the renewal.

I feel for Andy & his family, I really do. It breaks my heart to hear of this. Andy & his family are some of THE finest people I know & if anyone has the right to try & make it in the US it is them.

Andy, if you're reading this Brother, please let me know if there's anything else we can do to help you all out. Even if you just need to vent & swear please, please give me a call, any time.
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline LEOPARD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2009, 02:50:00 PM »
Big up for you bro!

Just shows how government works these days - take as much from the guys following the law and reject them afterward, whilst letting all illegals in as they wish!
Nigel Ivy

"The more I practice, the luckier I get...."

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2009, 02:51:00 PM »
Boy I wish my memory was better than it is...

I went through the U.S. Border Patrol Academy in Glynco, GA back in 1994 and graduated but then resigned to go back to my previous job with the airlines.  Long story and in hindsight, the wrong decision in some ways but.... Oh well.

I do recall that there were many different types of VISA's available and all sorts of different stipulations that gave you the right to stay.  "Anchor babies" were the most common.  That's where the mothers from Mexico would try to cross the border and have their baby in the USA and it acted as an "anchor" to keep them and their family in the US since the baby was a US citizen.  There were classes for scientists, athletes, actors or whatever type of famous person or person who could contribute in some way to the US.  I still have my Immigration Law books some where in the basement.  Maybe I could find some more information.
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline Caddo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2009, 02:56:00 PM »
This really, really sucks! Talk about Good People, from my experiance, the whole Ivy clan is Good folks. Whatever I can do to help, I sure will.

Andy, on the lighter side, what do you thnk of Texas? Darken your complexion, dye your hair black, Heck you'll fit right in! We got hundreds of 'em, this state would shut down without our illegals! Just act like you can't speak english, you'll get by.  :thumbsup:  

LD
"If your gonna kick a tiger in the butt, you better have a plan for dealing with his teeth!

Offline Irish Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2009, 03:17:00 PM »
So can anyone tell us what the reason was that was given to Andy as to why his visa was denied this time?

Does the government just say "no" with no explanation to the applicant?

Offline chubber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2009, 03:19:00 PM »
Good luck to Andy and family..

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2009, 03:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by Terry Green:
When does he have to leave???

I agree, tries to do it legaly and look where it got him.  You can get further in this country now my breaking the law.  What a shame.
It's time we kick a bunch of idiots out of Washington when this starts to happen, starting at the top.
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2009, 03:34:00 PM »
Count me in on any petition or phone calls needed.  I think it is a shame that folks wanting to be here the right way get denighed when we have illegals taking jobs left and right and contributing to my high priced insurance.  Its time we stand up.  We are still a republic for now and our voices count.  Hang in there Andy and keep your head up.
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2009, 04:09:00 PM »
Took my family 14 years... If you go through the right channels, your "on the radar" yet I deal with tons of people daily that leech off the system and scoff the laws, knowing full well they can litterally walk out the 'back door' whenenver things get hard (like house payments).

Folks who don't have a 'back door', like Cubans and other peoples who have left their homes to BECOME AMERICANS, are subject to the laws of the land. It sucks but I accept that it's the law. It's about integrity and upright character throughout the process. The best thing we can do is respect the boundaries and processes of the law. The individuals that work in the immigration and naturalization are just people doing their jobs with undoubtably their hands tied as well. Allow them to do their jobs and give them calm argument and due cause for them to exercise whatever flexibility they may have.

I concur with the plan to advocate for Andy and his family, but it MUST be accomplished with the utmost respect for the officers and the law. I am now, by the grace of God, an American citizen and working as a Code Enforcement Officer. I have the perspective of both the immigrant and the official. PLEASE RESPECT THE SYSTEM, it's not perfect, but it is the nature of a Republic. Act within due bounds and advocate for Andy - DO NOT make this about their lack of enforcement for other "illegals", that will NOT serve Andy in any way, shape or form.
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2009, 04:13:00 PM »
All the best to you, Andy. Sorry to hear about this kick in the guts.
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline sou-pawbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2009, 04:32:00 PM »
I just read through this post, and it breaks my heart to hear how hard we make it for someone to come here legally.  Yet we are about due to hear our "enlightened" leaders once again advocate for amnesty and a path to citizenship for those who did not respect our sovereignty and chose to sneak in. $%^!*  :banghead:
Molon labe

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©