3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sad News- One of ours needs cheered up  (Read 2872 times)

Offline ductape

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sad News- One of ours needs cheered up
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2009, 09:51:00 PM »
This is truly crap. As little that I know of Andy he is a great guy. I think our government is full of it on so many things. For someone to come to this country and love being here, running a business and supporting Americans, then kicking them out. Bull****!!

Andy if there is anything I can do let me know! I'm there for ya brother.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2009, 10:02:00 PM »
I don't think Andy's situation is one that should cause us to be ashamed of our government. We are not in a position to let every good person take up permanent residence here, so there have to be rules about who gets in. Andy is definitely a great person whom all of us would love to have as an American citizen, but being a great guy and having a love for traditional archery does not meet the legal requirements. The first thing anyone here needs to do is to understand what those requirements are. Since that usually takes years of study and practical experience, such a task is best left to a good immigration lawyer. Even then there can be many difficulties. The fact that illegals are living here is immaterial. If Andy wants to risk sneaking across the border and working as a migrant farm laborer or domestic servant, then he can. But I doubt he wants to live that kind of life. Doing things the right way is tough, and it is supposed to be.

Both my kids have studied overseas, one of them for years. We had to jump through hoops just to get them student visas. America is not the only nation that severely limits immigration. My brother lives in Switzerland with his Swiss-born wife and children, and it took him 25 years to get Swiss citizenship so he could get health and retirement benefits there. He and his kids have dual Swiss/American citizenship, but if he brought his wife back over here it would take many years for her to become an American citizen. My son is about to get married to a Swedish girl, so she is going to have a similar problem when they move here next summer. As you can see, I understand Andy's situation. I'm a lawyer myself, but that doesn't carry any weight in getting things done with the immigration service. I am hiring an immigration lawyer to help us through the process because I don't know what to do either. I do know that if Andy were to marry an American girl it would be easier for him, but that is not something he should do just to stay in the country. In fact, it would be illegal to marry only for that purpose, although such an intent might be difficult to prove.

Andy, I'm all for you buddy, and if there is something I can do for you and your family, I will. You are definitely a person we all love having here in America. I hope your family has a good immigration lawyer working for you on this. If not, I can find one for you to contact. I expect you already have one or you probably would not have gotten this far. I know that under your visa it is not enough for you to simply have any old job; you have to be transferred here from another country to a management position with the same company you were already working for. A company I own part of had foreign employees transfer to the US on the same kind of visa and we had our lawyers put the whole thing together. I could give you the contact information on our lawyers if you want or need it. I do know it cost us a considerable amount of money.

If someone here wants to start a fund to help defray the expenses of helping Andy to stay here, I am willing to put some money where my mouth is. It is easy to talk about how rotten our government is by not letting Andy stay and quite another to do something constructive to accomplish Andy's goal. I will contribute the first $100 to kick things off. If enough of us here really want Andy to stay that much, we should be able to raise the money it takes to hire people to help make that happen. Once we know from the lawyers what else Andy needs, then we can help get that done. With 20,000 registered TradGang members, it would not take very many people donating money to make things happen. All the badmouthing of the incredible country that Andy wants to stay in won't do him a bit of good. Ask Andy whether he prefers the governments of England or Zimbabwe (where he is from) to the American government, and I bet you will hear from a relative outsider just how good we all have in our native country!

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2009, 10:30:00 PM »
Amar911,

You are right about not being ashamed of our government just because Andy and his family got their VISA revoked.  It's MUCH more than that but since this not a political site I won't get into it.  Lets just say I don't like seeing my kids and grandkids put into a situation with debt they will never be able to pay off in their lifetimes and government spending, government control, and government growth are down right OUT of control.

Really, I'm not ashamed as much as I am P!$$ED OFF.
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2009, 10:54:00 PM »
Thank you all
The response has been overwhelming
i have spoken with many many people believe me, over the last 2 months. There is no easy fix at least nothing iv heard of yet, for now we are concentrating on getting my Parents back here by Feb next year, through another visa.

as we pursue other routes they all still have to go through the immigration, however i do think some letters to our Congressman here in Colorado will at least help make sure the case is looked at closer and fairly for the visa my parents are working on now.

I would still like to speak with a few people on here about just exactly who the letters should go to, to make the biggest impression.
ideas?

It is a very costly process but we could not accept any money please, but i would ask for your voice if it would help us.

hope your all having a great thanksgiving

Andy

P.S. It is a beautiful diverse country you all live in, no doubt
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2009, 11:42:00 PM »
serving in the military is the quickest way to citizenship. If you want to be an american citizen in a short time join the army, you'll have citizenship after your term of service.
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2009, 03:11:00 AM »
sign up for school/college.had a neighbor in the same boat pretty much,he signed up for college and got a seperate visa.this was ten years ago so maybe that will work for you brother.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2009, 03:25:00 AM »
Put me on the 'will help' list; sending a bowhunter to a non-bowhunter country: is cruel and unusual punishment.
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2009, 03:42:00 AM »
i'd also add that maybe you should plead your case to the media in your hometown,great human interest story and you'd be surprised what 20k signatures and a camera televising nationally can actually get accomplished.keep your chin up andy you have people pulling for you.
           larry
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2009, 03:51:00 AM »
This all sucks but sometimes it's the hard times that makes ppl pull together LIKE NOW. Get ready for many hard times ahead EVERYONE.

Having said that and the fact that I live in the Yukon in Canada probably won't be able to help much, but if I can I will too.

We have tons of illegal Philipinoes here in the yukon....nobody seems to care, but they are taking jobs from yukoners because they live 12 people to a house and work for peanuts (because you can when you live 12 in a house).

THey aren't bad ppl don't get me wrong but we all need to be on the same playing field when it comes to work.

I have a friend who has a janitorial business and he has to pay higher wages to his workers and he is being out bid by the phillipinoes who pay minimum wage and live all together. You can't compete.

Sorry my REDNECK is shining out of my shirt. Anyway if I can help with signing something count me in.

Jer Bear

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2009, 06:48:00 AM »
He's not the first that's happen to. I think he might not fit the politically correct immigrant status.

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2009, 10:17:00 AM »
Andy,
Give me a call when you get a minute.
Thanks, Jim

Offline DW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2009, 10:24:00 AM »
Andy,,,We'll do anything we can to help out...Skyler says You, him, and Robtattoo got a bowfishing trip in the future...
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Colorado Kid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2009, 10:31:00 AM »
This response has been incredible and that is why we chose to invest and work in the US. You can be proud to be American!!
THE FACTS
In 1999 our ranch was expropriated by the South African Government, and we decided to make a new start in the UK. We established a fast food business and have run it successfully for 10 years. It is a family business with both Andy and our Daughter Natasha working up the ranks to managerial positions. In 2008 we decided to expand our business into the US with the purchase of an RV Resort just west of Gunnison and both Andy and I applied for and got L1 visas as General Manager and President respectively. The visa process is complicated and with the aid of an Immigration Lawyer we successfully filed our case with over 800 supporting documents. The visa was granted for 1 year. In October we filed for an extension on the grounds that our work is ongoing and that we had successfully achieved what we had set out to do in the first year as part of a five year plan. Despite the economic climate we showed an increase in turnover, employed 14 American citizens and achieved most of the improvements set out in our business plan. Both of our applications were denied and both on the grounds that we were not acting in an executive capacity. Our research into contesting this decision shows that very few people successfully appeal the decision, so with the advice of our lawyer we decided to apply for an E2 non immigrant visa. This differs from the L1 and is only available to foreigners from select countries that invest a large sum of money in the US economy which my wife and I have done. Unfortunately Andy has not so he does not qualify for this visa. The other difference is that as a non immigrant visa it is processed by the US Embassy in London and not the USCIS. Francie and I left Andy in charge of our US operation to return to the UK to take care of our business here. We have submitted our application for an E2 to the US Embassy in London and are now waiting for a response. During this process you are completely in the dark until the embassy contact you for an interview typically 2 months with an interview date set up to 6 weeks after this. If it is granted it can take up to a week to return to us. This will mean that we will only be able to return to take care of our business almost 4 months from today. At present I am not sure if there is anything that can be done and any advice will be welcome.

Happy Thanksgiving

Allan
Allan

Ishadabulamashlaba

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2009, 10:55:00 AM »
Good to hear from you Allan. As you can see, your Trad family is torn that this has happened to such good folks, our friends. Government process is what is and unfortunatly it takes time and never works fast unless it's against you.

There are lots of folks here with good conections and lets explore all the angles and loopholes if any. We are all willing to help in any way we can. I wish you all the best for now and lets hope for a speedy process and you both on Colorado soil soon. As for Andy, we're looking for a cute-pregnant-american girl as fast as we can! Don't tell his girlfriend.
hunt it

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2009, 10:56:00 AM »
As I've already said, I've got a lump in my guts thinking about you guys going through this. The simple fact that you've invested so much money in the US, US economy, and the workforce makes you miles above so many who simply arrive here, have kids, and become an entitlment citizen of the states. I am truly dazed and confused by the decisions being made here.

This counrty was built by immigrants who came and invested in this place and made it what is called America today. One door to America seems to stand open by the dark of night while the other door seems to need a password, fingerprints, and a membership to the club. I certainly know that we need rules and laws to keep the whole world from moving in freely overnight BUT, there seems to be some real out-of-balance rules and regs in place. With America comes Buerocracy!!! Again, Let me know how I can help and I certainly will. God Bless yall! I do hope it all works out. They say that great triumph does not come without great trial. I hope this is the trial before the triumph!  :thumbsup:  CK

Offline Zenzele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2009, 10:59:00 AM »
To the Ivy clan, Guys keep your chins up. It's a step backwards in the process, you're good folks and I'm sure you will find a way.     :knothead:  
Andy - I think it's about time you find a nice all-American girl and think seriously about settling down??? After all, you're getting too old to be living the life of a bachelor!     ;)  
Good luck guys! Thinking of you all...
You have the support of a lot of outstanding folks here on Tradgang - this is a truly great site guys.    :notworthy:
'It's better to have less thunder in the mouth, and more lightning in the hand.' - Apache proverb

Offline Colorado Kid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2009, 11:03:00 AM »
Hi Dave
You sure started something here may even turn into the next revolution. The response has been overwhelming. We appreciate it all.
Allan

Ishadabulamashlaba

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2009, 11:31:00 AM »
Allan,

Elkherder had a good idea about Andy signing up for college. I know it is not ideal to try to be in school full time and work, but it is another avenue to explore since Western State is right there. It sounds like you are doing things the right way; you just need to think about something else that would get Andy (as well as you and your wife) where you need to go. I know that getting married to an American would work; however, that carries its own set of problems. How tall is Andy? My daughter really liked a young Zimbabwean apprentice PH the time she went with us on safari there, so maybe Andy could show up here and try to charm her.    ;)   I would like to replace her current boyfriend anyway. At 25 she may be a little old for him, but she is tall (179 cm) and beautiful -- and I'm not just saying that as a father. Seriously, I'm not trying to set up my daughter, but she could do much worse than Andy, and already has done worse!    :saywhat:

I really don't know about the college angle, but if Andy qualifies, I'm sure that between me, my friends, and other people on this site we could put on a very good case to get him into Western State on an expedited basis. I know he could get admitted if he came down here to Oklahoma, although I doubt that would fit into any of the family's plans.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline dragon rider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2009, 11:36:00 AM »
Amar911, et.al.

I'm in to help with the costs. Let's keep each other posted.

paul
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons; people are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2009, 11:55:00 AM »
Allan,

Even though they are all trad brothers/sisters they's itchen for a revoloution! The Lord only knows how many bullets/guns/arras/bows are buried all over the states. Sure is great to see everyone willing to help. Heck, we've even got fathers offering up their cute daughters! Andy better keep his better half away from computer or his butt will be on the airplane outa there faster than he's planning. Won't be long and all the single guys on trad gang will be wanting to switch identity with Andy. There's a thought, any you guys know how to make meat pies and want a vacation in England and forgot - want to grow your hair longer??

Send picture and sign up here. Amar's daughter will choose winner!   :biglaugh:
hunt it

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©