3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tennessee Boar Hunt - Pics (New pics page 2 & 3)  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Ontario Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Tennessee Boar Hunt - Pics (New pics page 2 & 3)
« on: April 09, 2007, 08:32:00 PM »
Well the boys and I just rolled back into Canada at 12:30 am Friday March 30th from our Boar hunt in Tennessee . After months of research on the internet and several, several phone calls by Harl (Tom) from Quebec down to Texas we choose Wilderness Hunting Lodge in Monterey Tennesee. We liked the owner Alan Wilson's attitude, laid back manner and size of and terrain that his lodge resided on, Alan told us that his hogs averaged 200 lbs because they don't shoot them all out every season. Little did we know how accurate this Southern gentleman's word was, we all saw big, big hogs. I can't say enough how well we were treated and the hunt was above what we expected. I'll admit that we were all a little intrepid as none of us ever hunted in a "high fence" before, Wilderness changed that mindset for us. Tough , tough , tough, 1200 acres of mountain, rocks, cliffs, creeks and bush. We had a great time with incredible lodging, food, company and big scary boars. The best part was our guide. I got several e-mails from Alan's Brother-in-law, a Trad bowhunter, that wanted to capture us on film hunting, Ok I say,, I didn't realize until around lunch that our volunteer guide was non other then Jim Bowman (Camocowboy), film maker and Country music singer (Bowhunter Do or Die), you know that CD that you play so much your wife hates it!! None of us were ready for the mountains with the aggressive boars, steep terrain, cliffs, rocks and challenging up and down hunting. Phil and I watched a wounded boar charge a hunter that had to smack it with a stick to prevent him from getting gored. I use to think that a grouse busting out under foot was startling until I had a boar do that to me at 5 feet in the rocks, Thanks god he ran AWAY !!By the end of the first day we were dead on our feet. Tom (Harl) started the action by stalking up a mountain creek bed on a monster picture perfect 225 lbs+ Russian and drilling him in the lungs with his Snuffer at 10 yards as he was rolling in a "Waller". That didn't make him too happy as he made lots of tusk popping noises while trying to find the cause of his extreme discomfort. Tom sent another one into his spine which ended the tense few moments. Theo later on made a great 30 yard shot on a beautiful feral hog after a chase down the mountain that went on for hours. The boar went down due to a great shot from his Widow PMAX 51 lbs with a 635g Carbon Express Heritage tipped with an Eclipse broadhead (Theo designed and manufactured the original Canadian Journeyman and worked with the Eclipse boys on their tooling) the beautiful boar went down within 70 - 80 yards. Phil took his first big game animal on a beautiful Russian with a gorgeous black/blue mane. Phil made a great spot and stalk in the mid day 86 degree heat on two boars bedded down in the rocky bluffs, taking the biggest one with a fatal shot from his 51 lbs Chek Mate. The next day I made a successful stalk and ambush on a 250 lbs boar with big tusks. I made a 17 yard shoot through the lungs and top of the heart from my 53 lbs @ 26 Widow PSAX and a Carbon Express Heritage 250 with an Eclipse broadhead (total weight 600g's). The arrow penetrated both sides and the boar. He ran up the mountain and expired within 70 yards. The best part was that Theo and Phil witnessed the whole hunt from a ridge top and Phil was able to film it. Tom was behind me about 20 yards and also saw the boar fall. We all had a great time ,, Frank
The Lodge:

Tom started the Action with this Prehistoric monster:

Theo's great shot, The Widow and Eclipse scores again!!:

Phil's First Big Game:

My Boar:

Jim Bowman and results from his guiding expertise:

Rough Terrain:

Black Coffee, Red Wine, Blue Waters, Green fields, Yellow sunsets,Whitetailed Deer,, All the Primary colors of Life ,,,.
I don't choose the deer, the deer chooses me.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tennessee Boar Hunt - Pics (New pics page 2 & 3)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 08:36:00 PM »
Cool......thanks for sharing!!!!!!

Congrats to all!!!!!!   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 08:55:00 PM »
great pictures and congrats, but that guide looks like he got 3 pigs and someones pet dog. LOL  :)
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Hatchet Jack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 09:02:00 PM »
Good story, great pics and congrats on a great hunt.

Hatchet Jack
UBP MEMBER
UBK MEMBER
GREAT PLAINS RECURVE
55@28

Online 3dmuzzy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »
Way to go nice pics,looks like a great time for all...ED
Put some air under it.

Offline nc recurveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 09:12:00 PM »
bbassi that ain't no pet dog that's Camo the wonder dog, He's truly amazing there ain't one thing on earth he will not fight.
"You can't make chicken salad outta chicken sh.........Poo"

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 01:44:00 AM »
Super looking country that. Well done on the trip. Just gotta love the feel of a widow in the grasp when a Boar is close.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 05:12:00 AM »
Great story and photos, thanks for sharing them.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 08:35:00 AM »
Man that first one is a hairy beast. Congrats   :thumbsup:
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 08:50:00 AM »
Nice hogs! Congrats! CK

Offline BMOELLER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 09:15:00 AM »
COOL! But who shot the dog in the second to last picture?
2009 Kansas State ASA Traditional Champion

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 09:42:00 AM »
Nice pics and looks like vyou all ahd a blast,thanks.

Offline Chris O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 12:27:00 PM »
that looks like you had a blast! I really need to try hog hunting

Offline Aaron Proffitt 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 01:54:00 PM »
Holy cow !! Talk about some pre-historic beasts ! Well done,fellas.

Online Wile E. Coyote

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »
Very Well done my friends!
Wayne LaBauve

"Learn to wish that everything should come to pass exactly as it does."

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 02:57:00 PM »
Looking Good Harl!! Nice boars...  :thumbsup:    :notworthy:  

Looks like you fellas had a great time..way to go.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Little Tree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 06:20:00 PM »
Those are some awesome boars guys! Great hunt, and cool story, thank you for sharing. That first one is down right ugly! And Scary looking at that!

Offline HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2007, 07:25:00 PM »
We ended up choosing the right place.After several phone calls (at least a doz.to Alan Wilson)we headed to Tenn.to try our luck at hogs.One of the best parts was meeting Jim Bowman and having him guide us on the first day.They showed us northern fellas a great time for sure.
   Joe,it's a good thing I cut 10-12"of hair off or it might have been a little harder to tell me from the boar.
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Offline Ontario Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2007, 07:28:00 PM »
Harl did make some reference to that Grizzly  boar reminding him of his Ex ,, LOL,, I can't remember though if it was before or after he shot it,,,
Black Coffee, Red Wine, Blue Waters, Green fields, Yellow sunsets,Whitetailed Deer,, All the Primary colors of Life ,,,.
I don't choose the deer, the deer chooses me.

Offline northern fisher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2007, 07:38:00 PM »
I was wondering when you guys talked about the hairy beast,if you meant Tom(OBB).Glad ya'll had a good time .Sorry I missed ya's easter weekend and will be down your way for turkey season,try to catch up to ya than.
Gary  :campfire:
If it wasn't for Hillary Blackburn I may have never found my way to the woods and the water.I miss you Puppy.Love from your grandson.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©