3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Your thoughts on the mini catquiver  (Read 358 times)

Offline Highlandwarrior

• Trad Bowhunter
Your thoughts on the mini catquiver
« on: November 27, 2009, 10:09:00 PM »
Any one have any info on these things? Been seeing them around, thought it might make a good combo with a pack (big fanny pack with shoulder straps) How many arrows does it hold, what is the quality, any noise etc. Anyone have one they want to get rid of cheap for the experiment?

Offline Highlandwarrior

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Your thoughts on the mini catquiver
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 06:21:00 AM »
No one has an opinion? Thats a first!

Offline SveinD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 06:23:00 AM »
I have lots of opinions, but can't help you with the catquiver m8, sry  :)
Centaur 58" Glass XTL 40@28

~Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand~ Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Jim Picarelli

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 06:41:00 AM »
I have a CQ III,CQ II,and a mini. Love em all. You can get probably 1/2 doz in the mini...I carry 4. Works great lashed to a treestand or backpack,or just if you go out for an afternoon hunt and don't need alot of gear to take
67" Hill Tembo, 50@27
67" Hill Half Breed, 53@27
66" Hill Redman, 48@27
66" Hill Cheetah, 55@27
66" Hill Big Five, 50@27

Offline DanB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 07:05:00 AM »
I have hunted with the Catquiver Mini now for two full seasons. It has been one of the best I have used.  It can be rotated to move through thick brush without hanging up, it is very light, can be adjusted for arrow length (important with different length carbon arrows),and holds 6-8 arrows. I am considering getting a Catquiver II to combine my fanny/back pack to carry more stuff next year.
USN 1968-2000

Offline LV2HUNT

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 07:09:00 AM »
I have had the CQ3 and the mini. Jim has it summed up nicely. I personally found though that I preferred a bow quiver as it was just simpler for me.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 09:05:00 AM »
Its a good quiver,works well with a day pack or fanny pack.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 09:26:00 AM »
Of all the quivers I have tried over the years I think the GFA types and the Arrowmaster are about as good as it gets. The Arrowmaster is great with a pack and is much easier to "work with" than the cat quivers.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline longarrow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 10:08:00 AM »
I have the Mini cat and love it! I can attach it to any of my packs/fanny packs with just about anything, I use leather strips. I can move it from one to the other in 30 sec, take it off and use it alone for starking. It halfway keeps my 5" feathers dry during bad weather. Is easy to hang on a tree if your in a treestand.  :archer:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Live a Good Life! And in the end, it's not the number of years in your life...it's the LIFE in your years!!!

Offline Dave Schneider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009, 11:30:00 AM »
I have used one for years.  Good arrow protection and gets thru the brush pretty well.  However there are two problems that have me looking for something else.  

First, to get an arrow out of the quiver you have to push the shaft up into the foam in the hood.  This is fine when you are wearing it, but if you hang while in a stand it becomes a two hand operation.

Second, the broad heads are too exposed in the bottom hood for my comfort.  I have caught my fingers close to the blades several times.  Once while pulling my bow and quiver up with a pull rope my bow string got caught in the broad head hood.  How the sting did not get cut is beyond me.

It is a well made quiver and has a lot of good points.  These are just the problems I have had.

Offline Bowmania

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2009, 11:38:00 AM »
I would never use one again.  The BH's are only close on two sides.  I was moving some stuff around in the back of my truck and cut the crap out of my finger.

Bowmania
I'm not putting up with this guys shit and dogging me.

Online David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2009, 11:51:00 AM »
I had one and got rid of it immediately.  It did not ride nearly as well at my side as my GFA .  Much harder to position where I wanted it to stay....That's my experience.   "[dntthnk]"
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©