3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Alaskan Grizzly Stik "Parallel" shafts???  (Read 263 times)

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
Alaskan Grizzly Stik "Parallel" shafts???
« on: November 27, 2009, 11:51:00 PM »
I was surfing **** the other day, and saw some Grizzly Stik shafts for sale that were suposed to be mis labeled for Alaska Bowhunting Supply and this guy is supposed to be helping them sell. I went to the Alaska sight and couldn't find any listing for "parallel" shafts like these. Is this a scam, has anyone else seen these adds. The guys feedback is really good and he obviously has sold a lot of archery supplies, but I'm a little unsure of it. Any input is welcome!
Noli rogare pro onia pauciora, rogate pro scapulas latiores.

I go afield with bent wood, stick and string in search of serenity  through my primal quest.

Venatôr

Offline hvyhitter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Alaskan Grizzly Stik "Parallel" shafts???
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 12:28:00 AM »
ABS only listed them for a few months,then dropped them...I think that there were quallity control problems. I picked up a dozen of the 300s for an 80# bow but havnt done anything with them yet. Just playing with them a little I am quessing that you will have to find the "stiff" side and spine them out like the tapered ones. Alot more work than some other arrows to get to work, one of the main reasons I use either aluminum or wood.
Bowhunting is "KILL and EAT" not "Catch and Release".....Semper Fi!

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 05:30:00 AM »
I bought some off this store and was not happy with the spine, even though I followed the stores table on the 'new' spine.

Best advice, go the tapered ones from ABS.

ak.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 11:05:00 AM »
Thanks guys, appreciate it.
Noli rogare pro onia pauciora, rogate pro scapulas latiores.

I go afield with bent wood, stick and string in search of serenity  through my primal quest.

Venatôr

Offline MikeS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 02:54:00 PM »
I've tried the Woodies and the Banshees.  They both fly great out of my Bob Lee!  I love em.  They are heavy with my finished arrow coming in around 625 grains.  I have the 600's cut to 28" and they shoot well out of my 45lb bow.
Mike

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©