3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Nikon Trailblazer ATB?  (Read 225 times)

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
Nikon Trailblazer ATB?
« on: November 28, 2009, 08:24:00 AM »
I'm considering purchasing a set of these binos in 8X25. I haven't owned nor have I used binos very much in the past. Are these worth the price of about 70-80 bucks?   :confused:   I like the compacts for obvious reasons and I plan on using them for tree stand hunting, still hunting, and spot-and-stalk-hunting whitetails with trad equipment. Will they get in the way of my bowstring when/if I draw on game while carrying them around my neck? Do I really need binos for hunting whitetails here in the east? Or, should I just buy some Rapid Rails for use with climbing up to my loc-on stand? I could always use more arrows too!   :rolleyes:   (In case you're wondering, I just got an early Christmas gift of $75 and it's burning a hole in my pocket!)   :banghead:  

I just don't know if I really need binos or not. Do very many of you use binos for trad whitetail hunting?

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas.
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline FubarFred

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Nikon Trailblazer ATB?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 11:43:00 AM »
Binos are good for hunting an eastern whitetail. You can see them coming from a distance and know before what you are looking at. Stand, still, or from a hide, you still need to know whether it's a shooter or a pass. Get yourself one of those straps that keep it close to your body and has elastic straps for when you need them. I also bought a cover that wraps around them because I think the lens caps are a pain. My opinion only.
Fred....
TGMM Family of the Bow
Traditional Bowhunters of MD
MD Bowhunters Society
Bowhunters of South Carolina
UDT/SEAL Association

Offline stick hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Nikon Trailblazer ATB?
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 12:57:00 PM »
Besides my bow i think my binos are the next best thing!!!! I have been using binos all the time for 3 years now and can say i have seen things i never seen before. I think one of the best things about them are when you shoot a deer you can watch it and seen where you hit it! really makes a difference, good luck nikon makes very good optics.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©