3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Good knapping instruction?  (Read 203 times)

Offline FlyinCedar

• Trad Bowhunter
Good knapping instruction?
« on: November 28, 2009, 01:27:00 PM »
I am looking for a good video for flint knapping. i had one before, and dont remember which one it was..mainly because the person did not make it easy at all to understand. I want something that will break it down "kindergarten style" for me, that it is easy to understand. I am a pretty quick learner, but viedeos tend to be a little hard for me, because I cant ask questions as i am doing it.

Also, if there is anyone in Ohio that would be willing to show a newbie knapper the ropes, I  would be happy to make a drive to learn.

Thank a lot for any info.

John
Matt 6:33-Seek the Kingdom of God, above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything that you need.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Good knapping instruction?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 01:46:00 PM »
there are dozens of them on youtube. some better than others. just type flintknapping in the search box.

Offline FlyinCedar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 12:09:00 AM »
Cool. Thanks
Matt 6:33-Seek the Kingdom of God, above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything that you need.

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 11:39:00 AM »
You know about the Flint Ridge knap-in, right?  It's just a few miles from you.  There'll be a couple hundred knappers there.  Almost all of them will be happy to help.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©