3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I need members for a traditiomal club in Alabama !!!!!  (Read 405 times)

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
I need members for a traditiomal club in Alabama !!!!!
« on: November 29, 2009, 11:53:00 AM »
Hey guys i hunt in pickens county and have for the last 10 yrs. I have hunted several different pieces of land and each time the land was full of deer.

What i would like to do is get some guys together that love trad bows as much as me and start a trad only hunting club. Finding land to lease shouldnt be a problem with the economy the way it is but i would like to start looking right away.

Also there are houses for rent everywhere in and around where i hunt so finding a place to stay wouldnt be a problem. Of course we could always use campers and just put them on the lease but i would rather have a house, i love my showers.lol

At the moment im hunting with 8 guys who have no interest in trad bows at all. I have even been made fun of for choosing to shoot a recurve. This weekend i was carrying my rifle and had chances on 2 small bucks and 8 does. All these deer would have been great deer with a trad bow but for some reason i chose to take my rifle.

What i would like to do is lease at least 1,000 acrs which could run from $8 to $11 dollars an acre. The land is pretty high in this county but the hunting is fantastic plus i know a lot of people who live and do business down there so it would make it easier for me to find the RIGHT set up.

I have 3 guys who are very interested in doing this but what i need is to find around 8 people who are truly interested in doing this. I can make this happen but i need to find out how much each person can afford to spend so i can start looking for the perfect spot.

Im 41 yrs old and just took up trad archery back in march and have killed 178 deer with a compound and more than that with a gun so im ready to go trad only and im am very dedicated in doing so. I am very easy going but very serious about my hunting and the people i hunt with.

If this sounds like something you would be interested in doing send me a PM or just give me a call. Anytime after 2pm is good for me and i would rather you did call so we can talk. Let me know what you think guys and lets make this happen.

cell 205-913-2674
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I need members for a traditiomal club in Alabama !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 11:57:00 AM »
Today would be a great time to get in touch with me. Especially for the next 3 hours because all im doing is shooting bows and talking on trad gang.  :thumbsup:
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 12:43:00 PM »
The county where i want to lease the land you can kill a doe every day of the season from Oct. 15 through Jan. 31. Thats around 105 deer not counting the 5 bucks that you can also harvest. Im going to need some help dragging all those deer out of the woods.  :biglaugh:

The rut comes in around Dec. 18 and our best hunting starts then and runs into the first week of Jan. Early bow season can produce some fantastic action as well. There are a lot of water oaks in the area and when you find those trees that have just started dropping acorns you can pile up some deer.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline str8jct

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 01:58:00 PM »
"not counting the 5 bucks that you can also harvest"

I thought the limit was 3 bucks a year.

Online South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 03:00:00 PM »
Joe, when you say  south Al. where at are you actually talking?  I'm from south Mississippi and may be interested in getting in if the drive not too far.  I know the hunting license will run $300-350 a year and then there the price of the lease what more can you tell us, thanks.
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline str8jct

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 03:12:00 PM »
Pickens county is near Tuscaloosa, along the MS state line.  It is generally referred to as Central/West AL.

Offline Lamey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 04:34:00 PM »
you got my #.

South MS Bowhunter, an out of state license in AL is $275.

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 05:35:00 PM »
Guys i have 4 people that are really interested in doing this so we need about 4 more depending on how much land we can get.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline missagain

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 05:40:00 PM »
talked to my 2 older brothers we would be interested ,what would dues be?? thats what has our concern.

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 06:31:00 PM »
The dues would depend on how much land we lease and how many members im willing to take on. I would like to keep it around 8 people on 1,000 acrs and to get prime land we are going to have to pay around $10 a acre so thats 10,000 dollars not counting the planting of the greenfields. If you have a camper you can stay in that would cut your cost down because im going to fing a house to rent thats close to the land.

Guys i think this would be a blast and a great oppurtunity to participate in some great hunting with some great people. I want to do this real bad and i will do everything i can to make this happen.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline JAG

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2009, 10:44:00 PM »
Pickens County ain't in SOUTH Al.
Am interested, if it winds up in south Al.  Maybe even in Pickens.  Keep me posted!
Johnny/JAG
IBEP - Chairman Alabama
"May The Good Lord Keep Your Bow Arm Strong and Your Heart and Arrows True!"
TGMM Family of the Bow
PBS Regular Member
Compton Member

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2009, 10:52:00 PM »
Don't forget about hunting lease/club insurance. I know buckmasters used to sell it, but I don't know if they still do. Just something to look in to.

Offline rjackson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2009, 11:51:00 PM »
Joevan,call me monday.Lets get going on this.
Thanks,Randy J

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2009, 07:54:00 AM »
Club insurance will be no problem to get, most of the time the people you lease the land from provide the insurance, at least thats how we have done it for the last 10 yrs.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2009, 08:35:00 AM »
Guys im just a good old boy from Birmingham and we have always called everything south of Birmingham south Alabama. Please dont let any negative comments stop you from trying to make this happen. Its really not a hard thing to make happen, i get a lot of calls from people who want to lease there land and the sooner i can find some good people to do this with i will start calling these people about leasing there land.

Randy Jackson and some of his friends are very interested and talking with him i can tell you that he is one of us. I have a friend who is all in because he has hunted with me before and he always tells me that our land is the best he has ever hunted.

The town where i am wanting to lease the land is around Carrollton AL. which is in Pickens county. Its 1 hour 45 minutes from birmingham and i think about 30 miles from the Miss. line. Like i have said before there are a lot of houses for rent and there is also a Hotel located in Aliceville that is 12 miles from Carrollton.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline str8jct

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 09:01:00 AM »
Joe, What negative comments are you talking about, I don't see anything on this thread that is negative to your lease or hunting.

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 09:17:00 AM »
Dwight

Not really referring to the thread, but some of the guys i have talked to who have been in hunting clubs before have had some bad experiences and showed some concern about joining another club.

One guy i talked to was in a club that he paid 1,500 to join and said that one of the other members had 3 teenage boys that hunted all the time but the guy only paid for 1 membership.

All this and more will be addressed before any money changes hands. The guys i have talked to and anyone else that is interested let me just say that we will come up with a set of rules that everyone agrees on so there will be no confusion.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2009, 05:20:00 AM »
Still looking for a few good men.  :thumbsup:
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline Stkshtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2009, 09:33:00 AM »
There is some really good hunting in Carrollton.  I hunted there several years in a bowhunting only club and there were a lot of deer there.  If I wasn't in such a good setup where I am I would gladly be a part of this.
Darrin Jarvis
As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God (Psalm 42:1)

Offline stabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2009, 02:25:00 PM »
Joe sent you a PM......stabow
The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you come home.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©