3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trad In AZ  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Budog56

• Trad Bowhunter
Trad In AZ
« on: January 06, 2007, 04:56:00 PM »
Nothing even close to official yet, but just wondering if teh job opportunity that may be coming up for me would be in arizona around tuscon. Live in nebraska right now. I am just wanting to get all the info i can before I  debate going down there. And since I am a traditional hunting addict I am just wanting to know what kind of hunting there is if i would move down there. species. seasons.etc..Appreciate all the help

Offline ArkansasHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trad In AZ
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 01:11:00 AM »
My is on the border patrol and stationed there and was wondering about this question myself.

Offline ArkansasHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 01:12:00 AM »
My brother is on the border patrol and stationed there and was wondering about this question myself.

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 08:45:00 AM »
Theres a Bunch of Trad Gangers in AZ....
They should be along soon....
In AZ you have Mule Deer Cous Deer Javalina and a Bunch of Big Jacks Rabbits to shoot ....
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Mike Orton

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 01:45:00 PM »
You guys considering a move to AZ and wondering about outdoor opportunities in AZ, it'll be lots differnt than hunting whitetails in Nebraska or Arkansaw.  Different not bad...
When hunting AZ it's difficult not to feel small, particualrly w/a  bow.  Big place, wide open spaces and lot of game to hunt.  In fact AZ is one of the most diverse places to hunt.

Javalina, Mule deer, Whitetail deer, Cous Deer, lion, bear, buffalo, antelope, world class elk, sheep, buffalo carp, coyotes, bob cat, Wetbacks(partularly around Tucson), rabbits of many types, what more do you want?  It's a wonderful state, particualrly for residents.  They tend to gouge out the non-residents though...
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online highcountry

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 02:56:00 PM »
Hello gangers, Mike is right, Arizona has every thing from desert to high lush think stuff.  Need to do much glassing down low, tree stands up here. Getting a tag is tough. Deer is still just buy a tag over the counter. Mike, how was your elk?

Offline Chortdraw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 06:00:00 PM »
They are right about the game and about the draw, but the small game helps take your mind off not getting drawn. Javalina is usually a good draw down Tuson way. Mule Deer are not easy with a stick, but you can get lucky sometimes. The Elk are NICE out here. I just love it out here. Have some nice 3-d shoots all over the state. You get to see what this place is all about.
.......Chort

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 06:18:00 PM »
The good news is the rut in the southern part is late. As in I am just seeing bucks chase does. And just south of Tucson there is a lot of land that is public, that hold both mulies and coues. I watched 3 coues does one after noon last week and the following 4 mulie does. Although this year the buck are hiding I had one with in shooting range only to have on of the does he was chasing get behind me and wind me before closing the deal.

Any of you other AZ hunters seen buck chasen yet.

Online Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 06:38:00 PM »
That's encouraging I too have applied for a job in the Tucson area.
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"

"Memento Mori"
PBS - Associate Member