3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Thoughts on Great northern  (Read 618 times)

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thoughts on Great northern
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »
Fine bows, I really favor the Critter Gitter.
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2010, 12:24:00 PM »
GN = Real Longbow !!!! I love 64 and 66 inch Hickory because I shoot longer bows better 60 inch ghost recurve is the real deal too.
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline sleepyhollow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2010, 04:31:00 PM »
I have a 56" ghost that I shoot better than anything and will never sell, would love a bushbow or critter gitter with the jacknife option

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2010, 04:50:00 PM »
Originally posted by David Sapp:

What's the folded size on the Ghost? I'm curious about what the total width of both folded limbs on the reurve would be. The Critter Gitters I have fold nearly flat.

David
Not sure what the total size is but Jerry told me the Ghost folds up smaller than the Fireball because the curves fit inside each other and they don't on the Fireball.

I just got my new Jack Knife Bushbow from Jerry and couldn't be happier. There's a post up on it with some pics. Great bow.  I've owned Critter Gitters in the past and have two Ghosts now.  Wonderful bows.  Jerry does excellent work.
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2010, 04:56:00 PM »
Originally posted by bayoulongbowman:
GN = Real Longbow !!!! I love 64 and 66 inch Hickory because I shoot longer bows better 60 inch ghost recurve is the real deal too.
DITTO!
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline DEATHMASTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2010, 05:22:00 PM »
I love my SUPER GHOST.
Would like to try others of theirs.

Tim

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2010, 05:28:00 PM »
The Ghost is the greatest recurve I've ever shot.  I've had three of them!
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 05:40:00 PM »
Have had a couple of Critter Gitters and several Ghosts.  Sold the first Critter Gitter because it became too heavy for me as I got older.  Sold the second because I was stupid.  Sure wish I had that bow back. Shedua riser, bamboo core.  Smooth as silk.  It's somewhere in France right now.  Bummer.

Offline JimmyC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2010, 05:55:00 PM »
After buying and selling lots of bows over the last 8 years or so; I happened upon a 66" Critter Gitter jack-knife and bought it on a whim last summer ..Well, it's turned out to be the funnest, most function bow I've ever owned.  I love it and will be shooting it down to splinters!
"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly."--G.K. Chesterton

Offline Cromm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2010, 03:38:00 PM »
I've now have a Fireball and the CGS both jack knife and they are the best bows I have shot. NOT FOR SALE.

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2010, 03:52:00 PM »
I like the critter Gitter alot!He now offers it in longer lengths than he used to.Jerry told me he can make them up to 70 inches now.

I test shot a 66 incher this summer and it shot superbly.dead quiet and very stable.It had bamboo limbs and green glass.

I had a 64 incher that was a jacknife that shot excellant.broomstick handle.I prefer the locator though.

I also have had 3 superghosts and one bushbow.

Their all well designed,tough and shoot good all around!

I would seriously consider the Critter gitter in a deep cored mild R and D style bow.Hard to beat.Hickory or Bamboo limbs.

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2010, 06:24:00 PM »
If I were in the market for a longbow it would be hands down the Critter Gitter.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline the elf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »
I have a Fireball--and a Superghost and am very happy with both. When I sell some stuff I am going to get myself another Great Northern I just don't know which model yet.

Offline momo-t

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2010, 06:56:00 PM »
Been getting acquainted with a jackknifed bushbow for the last couple of months that Paradocs was kind enough to sell me.  Well, let me tell you, in my mind it defines the word longbow to a tee. The boys at Great Northern sure put together a top shelf product.Their takedown system is the best I've seen.
Now my only problem is ,do I use the Bushbow or the Kwyk-Styk on next week Elk hunt.
Life is tough!   Take care Mo.
Hill Big Five
2 Bear Longbows,  Montana/ Bruin

Cari-bow Silverfox longbow
The harder I work
The luckier I get

Online paradocs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »
You best send me a pic if your Bushbow makes meat, Mo....I live vicariously through my old bows  :thumbsup:

Offline Jason Hansen

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2010, 10:09:00 PM »
I have a 60" Ghost in all osage and LOVE it...so much in fact I'm trying to determine what wood for my second one.  After that, it'll be a Bushbow...I shot that one up at Jerry's shop and loved it too!

Jerry is a talented bowyer and a heck of a nice guy!    :thumbsup:
“That land is a community is the basic concept of ecology, but that land is to be loved and respected is an extension of ethics.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline todd smith

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2010, 10:44:00 PM »
The Critter-Gitter is an excellent bow.  I've looked over the Great Northern bows for years and the quality and design have always been awesome.  You can't go wrong with a Great Northern Bow!  todd
todd smith

Live wild live free

www.ToddSmithCo.com

Offline Brook Trout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2010, 11:04:00 PM »
You can't go wrong with a Great Northern.  I had a bushbow that I really liked.  I probably wouldn't have ever sold it if it had a locator grip.  I have shot a few of their other models also and they were all good shooters.

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2010, 06:54:00 AM »
The quality of a Great Northern is undeniable.

The really difficult decision in regards to a Great Northern is which model to choose.

I was/am a dyed in the wool recurve shooter, but always had a "thing" for a Bushbow. There was something about the ad on the back of Traditional bowhunter. I finally got one this past summer.

The folks at Great Northerm/Great Northern Quivers are true ambassadors to the lifestyle of Traditional Bowhunting. You simply can`t go wrong.  :thumbsup:

Offline JimmyC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2010, 02:46:00 PM »
I've shot, owned, sold and traded a bunch of bows over the years.  About 1.5 years ago bought a used Critter Gitter w/ jackknife on a whim...Wow, it is my go to bow for the long haul now, it just works for me..I've got a broom handle Ghost with jacknife on my wish list.
"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly."--G.K. Chesterton

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©