3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: KME???  (Read 176 times)

Offline Zach Mikita

• Trad Bowhunter
KME???
« on: November 30, 2009, 02:22:00 AM »
I've done my research on the KME Diamond set and plan on buying it, but I need a system that can sharpen 3 bladed heads like the KME system sharpens 2 bladed....suggestions please

Offline sleepyhollow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: KME???
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 06:07:00 AM »
x block, 3 rivers carries it

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 09:19:00 AM »
The best "system" for three bladed heads is a file, diamond stones and a ceramic rod or a leather strop to finish. Look at all the threads on how to sharpen woodsmans, Snuffers, etc. and you will see that there is not really a commercial kit for them. If you are buying the KME braodhead sharpener with the diamond stones then you are better than half way to having a kit for three blades.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 11:06:00 AM »
I bought the KME knife sharpener and use all the stones in the holder (not with the rod) to hone my Snuffers and Woodsmen after I get done with the grinding wheel.  Works great and makes it a very multi functional tool.  I don't do two blades, but see no reason why they could not be mounted in the knife shapener and done as you would a knife in the KME.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 04:53:00 PM »
2 Blades indeed are easily done in the KME Knife sharpener, fwiw.  Infinite angle adjustments and ability to do a compound bevel or duplex, I believe some call it.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©