3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ***I'm Back***  (Read 231 times)

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
***I'm Back***
« on: November 30, 2009, 04:08:00 PM »
my old computer crashed the first of Oct (about hunting season) so I just let it sit and hit the woods. been a great year so far but I gotta admit, I sure have missed this site. hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. so, what's new???

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: ***I'm Back***
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 04:16:00 PM »
I have a new to me 64" Schafer Silvertip, Bocote riser and Zebrawood veneers on the limbs and a new to me 60" RER T/D recurve, Bloodwood riser with Gaboon Ebony double swoop.  I have a new set of limbs on order for my Schafer Silvertip, 62" for my 19" riser and Russian Olive veneers.  

I spent a week in Randolph County WV, Monterville, hunting during the first week of Nov.  I didn't see a single deer in the woods with my bow in my hand.  I did see 24 deer while driving Turkeybone Road to and from the woods.  And I saw one massive bodied 4-pt buck from the front porch of the cabin at 11:30 am one of the days.

I had a great time hunting even though I didn't get a shot opportunity.

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Online Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 04:24:00 PM »
Danny,
 Good to hear you're back in the saddle, hope you had a good season and wore the deer out. Take care, Buddy.
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 06:58:00 PM »
thanks guys!   I've had a great season so far. me and the Bob Lee are getting along really well. some of us Hillbillies are headed to FL in January for some pig hunting with the 'ol stick bows. sounds like some sweet bows you have there Bill. what on your rack Tom?

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 03:21:00 PM »
Danny,

I failed to mention my 60" Marriah Thermal with Ziricote and Bocote riser and Yew limbs.  It is a very smooth and sweet shooting 46#@28".  It spits out my 504 gr Grizzly Stik Sitkas at 171 fps.

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Online Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 04:06:00 PM »
Danny,
 You know I have too many, will thin out after Christmas, but they are so much fun to shoot, will be like getting rid of family but we have to grow up some day-yeah right. Have a great Christmas holiday with the family.
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©