3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Twisted Limb....help!  (Read 148 times)

Offline Kenkel

• Trad Bowhunter
Twisted Limb....help!
« on: December 01, 2009, 01:36:00 PM »
I traded for a 3 piece longbow here and it came with a twisted top limb.  It is not bad and I sent it to a repair guy to fix some cracks in the fiberglass where the limb bolts were overtightened.  He said it was an illusion but I can see a twist, (I dont think he looked at it while strung as you can see the twist when it is strung). He stated that you hardly ever see a longbow with a twisted limb.   Anyway, I am relatively new to traditional archery(just sold my compound to hunt strictly traditional) and traded a very nice recurve bow for this one.  Is there anyway to fix the twist in the limb or do I need to chalk this one up to experience?  The bow shoots good but I dont know if it will get worse.   It is hard to make a deal over the web without seeing the item first I guess.  The repair person did a heckuva job on the fiberglass cracks though!!  Cant even see them.  I talked to the original bowyer and he priced me some new limbs, but dang...too much right now!!  Any help will be appreciated.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Twisted Limb....help!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 01:47:00 PM »
You seldom see a twisted longbow limb because they are on the same plane with the riser.  Are you sure it's not leaning one way.

Anyway it's probably OK and if it shoots good, I wouldn't worry about it.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©