3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Peter's Had One Heck of a Season!  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Peter's Had One Heck of a Season!
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2009, 03:30:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2009, 03:57:00 PM »
With a tally like that I'd be smiling for a long time!  :clapper:
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2009, 04:03:00 PM »
Congrats,a season to remember for sure
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2009, 06:58:00 PM »
Hey guys, just sent Peter a note to check this thread out....hopefully he'll be along soon.....
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2009, 07:05:00 PM »
What a fabulous year! Hell Curt, I thought it was you when I first saw the pics. Are you guys twins?
Congrats Peter!!!!!
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2009, 07:34:00 PM »
Naaa, I'm way better lookin'.... yeah right!

He's my "brother from another mother"...

Curt } >>--->   

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2009, 08:17:00 PM »
Congrats Pete  :thumbsup:

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline 2020

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2009, 09:11:00 AM »
how about some info on equipment used on the hunts.Great job

Offline Wary Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2009, 11:09:00 AM »
I get the feeling that he is cool and collected at 'crunch time.'
"Here's a picture of me when I was younger."
"Heck, every picture is of you when you were younger."
--from Again to Carthage, John L. Parker, Jr.

Online Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2009, 11:15:00 AM »
Pete's the real deal. What's all this fuss about being pretty? Heck, I used to look just like him when I was in my prime. I've known Peter since right after he got out of high school. People often thought I was his father the resemblance was so strong. That's why he calls me Uncle B.

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2009, 11:33:00 AM »
Barry is WAY hotter than Pete!!! Both are "total packages" that's for sure! LOL

Offline Morning Star

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2009, 11:43:00 AM »
Pete, you did have one a heck of a season!

Congrats
Iowa Bowhunters Association - Your voice in Iowa's bowhunting and deer hunting issues!

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2009, 12:16:00 PM »
Now Barry, don't be going and ruining my perception of perfection. I thought you were in your prime. Dang it, I've been working real hard to model your looks. I've had to eat almost constantly to get my belly profile perfected and have been tweezing hair off my head. Now your saying I'm supposed to look like Pete.

Ok Guru, that photo of you and Pete isn't nice. I'm sure glad my wife doesn't visit this site or I might get an inferiority complex!

Offline peter c iacavazzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2009, 03:07:00 PM »
LOL!! Thanks guys! Yes...Mike is right I was actually bleaching my teeth. It aint easy being as "Handsome" as Guru...I need all the help I can get! Yes...Uncle Barry actually is my real father. Hmmm....That would make Gene my uncle? Truth is I have never considered myself as "sexy" as a Wensel...But if you ask Biggie, he'll tell ya we look like triplets...

Thanks for the accolades...and Yes, I did kill an elk. A small bull. But now I'm watching a 350" class bull in Utah and yes, my tag is good thru Dec. I'm in Wyoming right now teaching BJJ...but all of next week, I'll be after that bull!

Storie(s)...Mmm. Well the big snowy muley is actually last seasons Montana buck. I watched him all summer and fall. He lived on a ranch I had permission to hunt but so did an outfitter. We were both after that buck. Well, the last weekend that buck took up residence with about 10 does within sight of the ranch house in a small greasewood/sage thicket. The outfitter wanted to go in with his clients and a 7mm Mag...The rancher said No guns in that area! Well...guess who shoots a lil' ol' recurve...I had to wait for a SE wind, which on this ranch almost never comes. But, one lucky day it did! I slipped in and actually caught him in his bed. He was so occupied looking at his does (which were all looking at me) that I was able to get a 30 yard shot at him. As luck would have it...I centered his heart! He ran 50 yards and piled up within sight of the ranch barn! Just as I got to him, the snow started falling and the does stood atop the hill and watched me kneel beside him. Man...it was an awesome moment! He is an amazing deer and I'm very proud of him.

I am busy writing a story for TBM about the whitetail. He was killed on the last day of the 09 season. I wanted that buck so bad. He scored 138" as a basic 4x4 (not that score ever matters). I actually passed up several bucks at under 20 yards that would have scored better, but I really wanted this buck. He was a real brute and quite the fighter. His ear was split from top to bottom and several times I watched him run off bigger bucks. I shot him from a tree at 12 yards thru 1 lung and into the top of his heart. He still ran over 200 yards and swam a river! One tuff critter. I shot him at 7:30 am Sunday morning. 15 minutes after I hit him a legit 150" class 5x5 walked right under me...Huh...next year!

Yes, I'm having a great season and I'm truly blessed. I have put in alot of time in the woods. But, just so you dont think I'm anywhere near as cool as Mike, Barry or Guru...I missed a 15 yard broadside shot at a 180" class muley...That one still hurts! Good news is...he's still out there and next year...he and I have a date!

As for my equipment: I'm currently shooting a 70 lb Bob Lee t/d with Beman MFX shafts and my heads are either Wensel Woodies or Magnus 4 blade Stingers. And yes...I'm wearing Sitka Gear!!!

I hope all of you are also having a great season and that your'e having as much fun as me! If I'm fortunate to kill that big UT bull...I'll ask Guru to post a pic!

Thanks for all the kind words and God Bless my Trad Brothers!!!!!

Best,

Peter

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2009, 03:28:00 PM »
Don't tell me you're a black belt in BJJ too! Is there anything cool that you can't do? BJJ is one of my next pursuits....amazing sport!

Congrats on such a great year....and best of luck with that Utah bull....Ryan

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2009, 05:04:00 PM »
For some of you that might not have seen this interview. You'll get to know Peter a little better after reading it  

Ryan, Peter touches a bit on his martial arts backround in this.....but this is just a glimpse though, it's way more impressive than he gets into in the interview!

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=51;t=000073

Brother, If you get that big bull,I'll be glad to post the pix for ya
Curt } >>--->   

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2009, 05:50:00 PM »
Peter you sound like a real humble guy who can really put some meat on the ground. I bet that 30yd shot on that mulie was really something to experience and i bet you will never forget it. Its a good thing the redneck didnt come out in you when that 150 class came by and stuck his tongue out at you.  :biglaugh:
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2009, 05:58:00 PM »
Peter i should be getting one of Neils bows anyday now and i know you are a big fan of his bows.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Online Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2009, 07:37:00 PM »
Guru- Thanks for posting Pete's interview thread. Very solid stuff there. I hope everyone takes the time to read and absorb.

Offline Boone the Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2009, 08:20:00 PM »
good gracious! hat's off to one good woodsman, big congrats!
Love the Lord, love your wife and kids, work hard, hunt harder

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©