3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Best Face Camo?  (Read 1184 times)

Offline TSHOOTER

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Best Face Camo?
« on: April 10, 2007, 10:24:00 PM »
I really dislike headnets and masks as they impair my already impaired hearing and mess with my draw.  What is the easiest face camo to use and remove.  I don't want to drive to the gas station on my way home looking like Rambo.  
Thanks
He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son does not have life.  (1 John 5:12)

PBS
TGMM Family of the Bow
P&Y
Comptons

Offline Steve in Canton

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Best Face Camo?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 10:27:00 PM »
Charcoal, make sure it does not have lighter fluid built into it likke some due.  I find that lump charcoal works best and comes off with water.

Offline coaltroll

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 10:32:00 PM »
Burned cork seems to work pretty well also. Now if you want some color to it, here in CO I have been able to get some ball clay power in black, gray and green that I really like. It washes off pretty easy. If you are going home just keep some unscented wet wipes in your truck and you can clean up enough that no one knows you even had it on.

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 10:37:00 PM »
Hunters Specialties makes some stuff in tubes not the camo kit and it comes off very easy but I cant find it anymore do some research. There was also some stuff I tried that had something in it to keep bugs off and it really worked well this is the website in the package:

Outdoorspecialtiesinc.com

Just found the link sorry here is the tube paint:
 http://hunterspecialties.com/Updateable/update_display.cfm?pageID=758&categoryID=29
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline md126

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 10:53:00 PM »
grow a beard during the season....or at least don't shave as often.

Offline LAR43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 10:57:00 PM »
Burnt cork always worked best for me. You can put on heavy or lightly rub it off for different shades.
Also, put it on the high spots . .cheek bones, nose chin etc. you're just trying to break up the outline of your face.
Also comes off pretty easy w/ those handy wipe things for the drive home!!!

Larry
Age brings us the priceless gift of experience and knowledge. . . Priceless, but not free.

Offline Pete W

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 11:39:00 PM »
I get the Haloween face paint for kids at Walmart .A buck a tube, no smell, easy on easy off, stays good .
 I use baby wipes to remove it.
Share your knowledge and ideas.

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 11:43:00 PM »
mud is the best as long as you got some water  :thumbsup:    :goldtooth:  and its free
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 12:48:00 AM »
The beard idea used to work, but mine is starting to look like the flag of a whitetail!  
 :(
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline mmgrode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 02:29:00 AM »
Regular camo face paint is very easy to get off with some baby oil and a paper towel or rag. That way you don't have to worry so much about it coming off during the hunt. It also leaves your face baby bum smooth;) LOL That's what I do and it works for me.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."  Aristotle

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 07:27:00 AM »
I bought something called face off I think.Looked kinda cheesy but after using it I love it.It comes in a sheet with chin,cheeks,forehead nose and below nose camo adhesive like a band aid.Apply in stand and remove when finished sticks to the paper and folds in my fanny pack.It fits tight to the face no mess like paint and I cannot use a headnet.Works for me.Real hot sweaty and real cold weather does not adhere as good but still works.Kip

Offline SteveMcD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 07:50:00 AM »
My personal preference is camo face paint. I like the Hunter Specialites camo paint myself.
Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle and rub their hands and say, "Look, Brothers. An Archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!"

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 08:22:00 AM »
I agree with Steve, Hunter Specialites has several color combo's you can chose from and comes with it's own little mirror so you can apply it when you get to your stand. It also washes off pretty easy with warm water and soap!  Or you can do like my grandkids and leave it on all night and let the pillow case take it off  :biglaugh:
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline Gordy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 08:49:00 AM »
Carbomask ! 'carbon' based face paint that washes off with a damp cloth.
Unfortunately no longer being produced   :(

I loved that stuff and it didn't bother my skin at all.

HS face paint irritates my manly (yet sensitive) skin.  ;)
Gander had some new stuff this year in tubes that didn't irritate, and washed off easy. Sorry, can't remember the name, but I plan on stocking up on some in case they too stop producing it.    :knothead:
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Offline TSHOOTER

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2007, 12:36:00 PM »
Thanks for all the ideas guys.
Hopefully I'll have opportunity to try them all.
He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son does not have life.  (1 John 5:12)

PBS
TGMM Family of the Bow
P&Y
Comptons

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 12:45:00 PM »
I pretty much only use Costume makeup. I apply a base with a sponge (usually dark grey powder base makeup), then draw in the stripes with a brush (face paint). It takes about 2 minutes to apply and can stand up to moisture (it make to stand up to persiration for actors). Easy off, and cheap.

I dragged the below buck a mile to the truck before the picture was taken, the other was taken in the field:

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2007, 01:00:00 PM »
Always carry a cannister of wet wipe kinda towelettes in your vehicle.  There is a non scented kind for cleaning up babies butts and they take the camo off pretty well.  You can also use them to "freshen up" a bit if you need to.   These are deffinately worth looking into.
ChuckC

Offline LoneWolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2007, 01:03:00 PM »
I have a few of the new military stuff, comes off with wet wipes most of the time, works great, cheap at surplus stores.
LoneWolf
"Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;" Gen 27:3

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2007, 01:07:00 PM »
Know what else works good for removing makeup for me anyway is to moisten a face towel, and add a little soap (while at home). When you warm up the vehicle, put it over the hot air resister. Takes a minute or two to warm up and presto....

Offline Budog56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2007, 01:57:00 PM »
Originally posted by Pete W:
I get the Haloween face paint for kids at Walmart .A buck a tube, no smell, easy on easy off, stays good .
 I use baby wipes to remove it.
Me to except I wait till a couple weeks after halloween and stock pile them at usually.25-.50 cents a tube...  :bigsmyl:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©