3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Visual Difference between Dacron and FF?  (Read 214 times)

Offline JGoemaat

• Trad Bowhunter
Visual Difference between Dacron and FF?
« on: December 05, 2009, 09:24:00 PM »
So here is the scoop...
I've been struggling with what I think is a loud bow shooting FF. I found a string I purchased a couple of years ago at Cabelas and though what the heck and put it on not knowing what type of string it was. The result was a major noise reduction and perfect tuning from arrows I previously had trouble being too weak.

The setup is perfect and my hunch is the new string is Dacron. Is there any way to tell?

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
Re: Visual Difference between Dacron and FF?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 10:01:00 PM »
It's pretty hard to tell the difference, at least for me, between B-50 and D-97.  B-50 seems a little less shiny and a little less slick than  D-97, but that can be changed with string wax.  If both strings have the same number of strands, the D-97 string will be just a tad skinnier.  It's more difficult to cut D-97 than dacron, but you don't want to do that test on your string.  Some of the other fast flite type strings (450 plus and 8125, for example) are smaller diameter than D-97.  Thus, they would be much smaller diameter than B-50 as well. Sorry I can't be of more hel.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©