3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Need Advice Problem With Bowyer  (Read 683 times)

Offline mo bo hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Need Advice Problem With Bowyer
« on: December 05, 2009, 10:11:00 PM »
People give me some advice about what i should do, I ordered a bow, it took twice as long to get as was supposed to, that i could live with things happen, but when i recieved the bow the bow was very poor quality i didnt even string it i called the bowyer and told him, he said send it back( he had said before he offered a 14 day satisfaction return policy) so i sent it back the next day. now its 30 days and still no refund, when i contacted him about it he says now that he needs to sell the bow to give me a refund. i really dont think should be, like i told him i didnt ask him to build me a bow send it to me and i would pay him for it when i get around to it. he was payed in full up front.
This is the first time i have ever had a problem like this with a bowyer. what should i do?
WIDOW PCH 44#
PREADTOR CLASSIC 58#
DREAMCATCHER 50#
BROWNING EXPLORER 35#

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need Advice Problem With Bowyer
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 10:32:00 PM »
I'll be interested to hear the responses.  That doesn't sound like a return policy. More like the bowyer is willing to try to sell it for you, IMHO.

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 10:53:00 PM »
Hmmm....so now he has the bow and your money.

Offline Oregon Okie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 10:56:00 PM »
maybe mention that this story is getting ready to be told on Trad Gang and see if you get your money.
"Don't believe everything you think" - bumper sticker

"Savage Blaster" - 50@31 - 63" (recurve I made with Steve Savage)
Firefly TD longbow - 50@31 - 63"
7 Lakes double shelf from a blank - 45@31 - 66"
Trident ILF w Blackmax carbons - 42@31

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 11:05:00 PM »
Sounds to me like the bowyer has a cash flow problem.  The money you paid him is likely long gone and he needs cash from something to pay you.  That's a bad sign, and I hope you get your money before things completely fall apart for him financially.  

It could also be just a temporary thing and hopefully he steps up and sends your money as soon as he has some to send.  And that could be the case.  This time of year is generally very slow for most bowyers since most customers have been spending all their time and money on hunting rather than bows.  For most good bowyers that will change within the next month or so.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 11:10:00 PM »
I always try to buy from a bowyer that is a Tradgang sponsor, and maybe your guy is a sponsor, but whoever he is, try to be patient and respectful, and hopefully it will work out to your satisfaction.

I do not agree that he should have time to sell the bow he messed up....you paid for it in full....he should build another bow ASAP, or immediately refund your money.

Offline mo bo hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 11:22:00 PM »
yes he is a sponsor, thats the reason ive not mentioned his name yet i want to give him a chance to do the right thing
WIDOW PCH 44#
PREADTOR CLASSIC 58#
DREAMCATCHER 50#
BROWNING EXPLORER 35#

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 12:05:00 AM »
Well I hope we do not have to find out just who the bowyer is but there are some out there who don't have the staying power to make it through this economy. You are in a tough spot bro-hope it works out for you.

Offline Mechslasher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 12:22:00 AM »
sounds like a crappy bowyer to be sure.  the problem is that if you tell people his name, he won't be able to sell your bow.  even if it's not your bow any longer, but his.  this is why i only deal with one, maybe two, bowyers out there or make my own.
"There is beauty and magic in a drawn bow."

Cade (SC)

Offline mo bo hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 12:25:00 AM »
ive bought several bows from big and little bowyers over the years and have never had a problem until now, but now i will be suspicious
WIDOW PCH 44#
PREADTOR CLASSIC 58#
DREAMCATCHER 50#
BROWNING EXPLORER 35#

Offline Bowferd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 12:42:00 AM »
Sounds like a serious problem to me. I'm getting prepared to order 2 new bows, from 2 different sponsors. One I'd trust with my life, I'm not sure about the other.
PM pending!!!!
Fred
Been There, Done That, Still Plowin.
Cane and Magnolia tend to make good arrow.
Hike naked in the backwoods.

Offline Outwest

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 12:50:00 AM »
So whats he gonna do?
Sell a crappy bow to some other unsuspecting person!!
So he can pay off the unsatisfied customer.
Sounds like a bad situation to me.

John

Offline IdahoCurt

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 01:15:00 AM »
So what exactly was wrong?

Offline mo bo hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 01:23:00 AM »
the quality was very poor, sanding,finish, ect.
WIDOW PCH 44#
PREADTOR CLASSIC 58#
DREAMCATCHER 50#
BROWNING EXPLORER 35#

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 01:54:00 AM »
I wouldnt want to think that it is one of the many wonderful and popular boyers on this site.With most all bowyers that do this for a living the finish quality is wonderful.I dont think i have ever seen a real Pro put out a bow with a bad finish.I would hope if he is a true PRO he would make this right with you asap.Good Luck and keep us all posted.
Mike

Offline Holm-Made

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 02:09:00 AM »
The down payment on a bow should not become liquid assets for the bowyer until the transaction is complete and the customer is happy.  This way the bowyer always has the option to refund the money.  If a bowyer is dependent on the down payment to build a bow he is eventually going to get in trouble.

Personally, if a customer is not happy with a bow I built for them then I would rather return their money then have them unhappy.  

Chad

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 07:44:00 AM »
depending on the amount of money the bow cost you .you can try a legal approach or you can call the better business bureau.and you can file suit for the money.Sponsor or not you tell him  you will drop his name if he does not return your money within 15 days.and you can always send a certified letter with a copy of your receipt and the return policy and return shipping receipt and a letter informing him of legal action being taken by you and this way you have a signature of receipt of the letter and follow through with it. No excuse for him screwing you and you shouldn't let any one else get screwed either.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline JV Rooster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 08:11:00 AM »
I hope it works out for you.
>>>------John------>

Offline Grayseas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 08:47:00 AM »
You should communicate with him your unhappiness with the current situation, and offer to work out a payment plan, if he is unable to refund you fully. Give him x amount of days to comply, if he doesn't let him know you will pursue legal mean to get your money.I am knew to custom Bowyer, I am surprised, that so many require full payment even before the bow is completed. I can under stand a a sizable down payment( it is custom). With full payment up front the customer has little to no recourse in these situation. I know most bowyer will do what is right, and would not turn out a shabby bow to start with.  Let him now you will do  a write up here, and any other site you are a member of. Good luck.
Eli
74 lb Shrew Safari
65 lb Fedora
62 lb Black Widow
60 lb Bamboo Viper
52 lb Bear Hunter TD

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 09:00:00 AM »
Doesn't sound like a solid business practice to me. I would prefer you named him as a courtesy to the rest of us who may do business with him.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©