3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Leather and Backqiver  (Read 588 times)

Offline Caleb the bow breaker

• Trad Bowhunter
Leather and Backqiver
« on: April 11, 2007, 11:14:00 AM »
Hey all,

Been thinking about building a backquiver.  This will be my first time and am looking for a little advice on where to buy supplies and patterns and things that newbies should watch out for.  

Caleb
Oh squeaky treestand, how I hate thee!

Offline Marvin M.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Leather and Backqiver
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 01:24:00 PM »
There are lots of instructions on the web for building them Rob DiStafano (not sure about the spelling) has a good basic pattern that I used to make my first one.

If you e-mail me I'll tell you another place to get supplies and a pattern, but they aren't a sponsor so I won't mention them.

Also, the Traditional Bowyers Bible has a pattern for a Plains Quiver that works pretty well.  I made one of those also and it can be adapted to use on your back.

Marvin

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 01:28:00 PM »
I will help in any way I can.  If you do a search on back quivers  you can see some of my work.  You can call me at 760-815-2586 after 6:00pm calif time and I'll give you all the information I can.     Mark
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline insttech1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 01:32:00 PM »
I have a semi-kit-style listed in the classifieds right now that I'll ship ya for $25.  I started it a long time ago, but don't use them...

It is unfinished, and would make a pretty decent starter project...

If you're interested, send me a PM.  It's pretty heavy, quality leather, and I can send you some pic's.

Take Care,
Marc
"When you catch Hell--DROP IT!!  When you're going thru Hell--DON'T STOP!!"

Offline pjsnell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 01:43:00 PM »
I'll second the how-to by Mr. DiStefano.  Here's a link:

http://www.tradgang.com/backquiver/

I have found that most of the back quivers for sale, are variants of this pattern.  I have made several back quivers, and this one is my favorite.  I would suggest that you look for 5-7 oz leather.  I personally use oiled utiliy grade leather (like latigo but much cheaper).  Vegetable tanned leather can work, but I find it too stiff.

Pete

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 07:37:00 PM »
I have on of Rob's quivers I bought pre Trad Gang......and its a good design.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline ringo64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 01:31:00 PM »
make one out of card board that you feel good with and then use that as a pattern.  you will get exactly what you want, size and shape, and will have done it all by yourself.  you will get a much closer feel for the materials and process by making a few mistakes and by having to figure out some of the things yourself.  i know that you are asking about a back quiver, but here is a belt quiver that i made by that process. the fastener is a coyote tooth that i found when i was out walking in the woods.  

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©