3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Rose Oak vs. RIver's Edge T/D  (Read 1196 times)

Offline BCD

• Trad Bowhunter
Rose Oak vs. RIver's Edge T/D
« on: April 11, 2007, 12:11:00 PM »
OK I can only buy one and I really want both. Please share your experiences with each and let me know your thoughts on speed shootability, etc. Is the RO actually faster than to RER?

Thank you
BD
BCD

Offline Marblesonac

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rose Oak vs. RIver's Edge T/D
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 01:03:00 PM »
I really really like my Rose Oak bows. They look FANTASTIC and shoot like a dream.

I have never shot a Rivers Edge Bow.

Having said that, I would highly recommend you take the short road trip (looks like just over 2 hours) to Rivers Edge and check them out in person.  One reason is to meet the bowyer and get an impression of them.  If you like what he has to say, than you can have him take hand measurements to get the grip EXACTLEY right for you.

If you don't like what he has to say, you can always order from someone else...in this case Rose Oak.

BTW, if you only lived 2 hours from Rose Oak, I would have suggested you make the road trip to see him instead.
Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes....

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 03:29:00 PM »
Take the trip to Merrill. Check out the entire RER line up shoot afew bows and take it from there. The T/D has good speed and is as smooth as they get. give Kevin and Sue a call and set it up. You'll be glad you did. You may even find your dream bow in there in-stock list.
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline Str8Shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 03:58:00 PM »
I've owned a RER takedown bow in the past. It was a beauty and shot fantastic. I ended up selling it due to some shoulder troubles I had. They're bows are super smooth, very quick, and very quiet. I haven't seen a Rose Oak so I can't offer a comparison to that.

BTW, as far as speed goes the River's Edge was the fastest bow I've owned to date. And I've owned some pretty fast bows.

Chris

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 05:54:00 PM »
Chris how ya been ? See I told ya shooting them heavy bows was gonna get ya!LOL. Take care buddy see at some shoots this summer.As for Brandons bows never shot one. Would love to shoot one and own one cuz I know that they are sweet shooters( heard tell). As for RERBOWS been shooting them for 4 years and they are everything Chris said they are.<><<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline CHAD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 08:34:00 PM »
BCD,I have never shot a Rose Oak but have seen some pics of his bows here and on his web site and they are one of the best looking bows i have seen.I did get a 58"RER Arroyo after talking with LeRoy(Thanks LeRoy)  about a month ago and it is a quite,accurate and very fast recurve.As for the differance in speed i would say they are very close.

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 08:36:00 PM »
Glad to hear it Chad. You got pics?
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline Otto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 10:02:00 PM »
I own an RER 3 pc.  I own probably 8 or 10 other custom bows from other well known makers.  I have 4 BW's, 2 Assenheimer, a Bob Lee, a Chastain...  They are ALL 50#'s @ 29 inches.  Pretty easy for me to draw speed comparisons given the identical weights.

The RER and the Chastain are without a doubt the fastest.  The Chastain wins speedwise as it has a B-50 string and still shoots faster than the RER and the RER has FF.  Keith builds a smokin bow.  The RER is almost as fast and both are noticebly faster than the others.

I shot a Rose Oak at Cloverdale last year.  Very good speed.  About on par with my Assenheimers, which are both a tad faster than my BW's.  VERY smooth to draw.  VERY dead in the hand.  One of Brandons bows is next on my buy list.
Otto

Offline BCD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 09:20:00 AM »
Thanks for the excellent responses guys-please keep them coming. So Otto, are you saying you think the RER's are a tad faster than the Rose Oak? Out of all those bows you own, which do you feel is most accurate. Any commnets on the Bob Lee in terms of accuracy and speed as that is #3 on my list after the RER and the RO. By the way, I shoot 50@29 as well so if you ever need help handling all of your bows, please let me know.

BD
BCD

Offline Shifting Shadow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 04:52:00 PM »
Lets hear from some more Rose Oak shooters!
"Keep the bow you like or you will be looking forever." -H.J.

One bow. One arrow. My ideal.

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 05:05:00 PM »
RER bows yeah good to shoot real quick and quiet trust me you would like one for sure.  :thumbsup:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 05:19:00 PM »
RER makes a fine bow...I've owned a few and still have an Arroyo...quick, quiet...very pointable.

You won't be disappointed with RER.

RER has some type of try program, not sure about RO.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 05:33:00 PM »
Yup, Rivers Edge has it speed wise, but most bows out there are within a 10 fps anyway, even the old bears and Pearsons. I have shot a Rose Oak only once and it was beautiful but I myself thought it was a tad shockey and  bit noisy, but that could just be how it was set up. My Arroyo is a smoking bow and very quiet and no shock at all. Kevin makes a nice bow and is a pleasure to deal with. I believe the one piece is quicker than the 2 piece. I would not hesitate to buy another RER. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Marblesonac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 06:40:00 PM »
Something was wrong with your Rose Oak setup...

Neither of my takedowns have any shock, and both are pretty darn quiet compared to my other takedowns.
Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes....

Offline Mark Fedrizzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 06:46:00 PM »
.........RER 3 pc here also--going for a ride to New Brunswick end of May--hopefully to stick an arrow in a nice blacky...

Bow is very stable, minimal shock (hardly noticeable--I think every bow has some hand shock-IMO) and quick---Oh yeah at a VERY reasonable price comparitively speaking--never owned an RO so I cannot comment--
Keep Em' In The Kill Zone

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »
I've shot and owned a bunch but the RER bow is the one that always gets to go hunting. A real pleasure to shoot and the performance is outstanding.
My advice, if at all possible SHOOT BOTH.

Offline Precurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 07:45:00 PM »
Have a RER Arroyo that is a wonderful bow.  Very fast and forgiving.  One of my favorite bows.  I stopped at their shop last week and the quality of Kevin's work just keeps getting better.  One of the best craftsmen out there and a great guy to work with.

Offline Ravenclaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »
Never shot a RER bow, but I sure like my rose oak bow. As for speed they are as fast as anything out there,But I like the tight groups I get at 20-25 yards. I have owned many bows! The two keepers for me so far is a blacktail and my rose oak bow!!!!

Offline Tom

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 09:08:00 PM »
Anyone who knows me knows I've had alot of bows but the RER gets the nod when I go hunting. Smooth, quiet and fast.
 Nuff said.
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Offline brackshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 11:14:00 PM »
I agree with ravenclaw, my rose oak offers the best of all worlds, quiet, fast, smooth, accurate, and of course, beautiful.  A rose oak king panther and a wapiti imperial takedown are the only two bows I will ever need.

brack

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©