3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Perfect setup ruined by an idiot!!!  (Read 735 times)

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Perfect setup ruined by an idiot!!!
« on: December 07, 2009, 09:08:00 AM »
I had traveled about 3 hours to a spot in the big bottoms of the White River.  This area is known for big bucks.  You may not see alot of deer, but what you do see is quality.
     Getting on with the story.  I found a real nice buck using a ridge covered with cane leading to a food plot about 100 yards away.  I set up on him to get a shot as soon as he stepped out of the cane that was about 15 yards from my tree.
     About 4:30pm I hear steps, look to the cane thicked and see them just being thrashed as somthing walked to me.  The cane was about 12 feet high and all I could see is the tops just waving back and fourth with every step.  He would only move a coulple steps at a time them stop to look around.  He was about 5 yards from the edge, ready to step out, when I heard more steps from the other direction.  I looked only to see another gut walking to me.  I whistled, he stoped. I whistled again and he looked at me.  
     This is where it gets bad.  He walked about 10 feet to a sapling, dropped his pants and took a crap.  Then he took off his socks wiped his butt and stood up to put his pants back on.  Then this jerk started waving his socks around in the air for a minute or so and hung them on a tree.
     With all of the noise and hatfulness of this jerk, the buck of course busted out of there.
     One of my friends, who was hunting about 200 yards away seen the buck run past his stand.  To add to my anger he told me this gut was a giant.
     I wanted to get down and give him a proper welcome to my deer stand, but he ran off.  Do you think this was some sort of PETA freak or just someone trying to get himself shot with an Ace super express?  He did not have a bow or gun or anything.  I still can't believe that it really happened.  Who would just take a crap on a guy just to ruin his hunt?  :mad:    :mad:    :mad:
 WHAT A FREAKING JERK!!!!!!!
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Perfect setup ruined by an idiot!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 09:10:00 AM »
Now thats not funny at all.  :banghead:    :banghead:    :banghead:
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline shakeyslim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 09:14:00 AM »
public or pvt land?
   :confused:
a hippie taught me to hunt
i left 1971 way back in 1971

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 09:18:00 AM »
In Minnesota it is illegal to do such a thing to a hunter. Are you sure he wasn't another hunter who felt as though it was "his spot" - I run into that from time to time on public land - "I've been hunting here for 15 years" like they own it - bummer, guess you'll have to hunt when he is at work.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 09:23:00 AM »
I was public land, but this gut did not have a bow or gun or anything.  He looked right at me and I made sure he seen me.  If he was trying to hunt this spot he should have had a bow or gun.  He looked like he was just walking through the woods.
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 09:30:00 AM »
I was thinking how I would react in your situation.  Man that just is nuts.  What a jerk!  

Sometimes we get tested tn this life.  That one is a difficult pill to swallow.

Jeff
Longbows & Short Shots

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 09:38:00 AM »
We had something just like that happen in our hunting club a couple of years ago. We had a new member go to one of my favorite spots because i really wanted this guy to see some deer.

One of the other members who really isnt much of a hunter at all left after everyone else was already gone to there stands. For some reason he went in pretty close to the new guy and eventually walked right up on him. And yep he dropped his pants  50yds from the guys stand and did his business.

The new guy was so mad as well as the other members for him to do something so stupid.
Anyway the new guy got out of our hunting club and never hunted with us again which i thought was a little extreme. Neither one of those 2 guys hunt with me anymore and its a shame because they are both really nice guys.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Online woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 09:42:00 AM »
Walking through cane 12 feet tall???

Sounds like the dummy was lost to me.....
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 10:11:00 AM »
I would bet he was a peta member.. they most likely read that Peeing brings bucks in to a area, So that is why he took a dump...

When I hunted public land back in Jersey I would have a camera just so I could take a pic of anyone doing anything like that to me. I would also use it to take pix of deer if I got one.

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 10:29:00 AM »
RU completely sure that he saw you. Even though he looked at you he still may not have seen you. Sounds crazy.

Offline yukon chuck

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 10:32:00 AM »
I have heard that a properly applied rubber blunt will do a fine job of helping a guy wipe himself. Of course after having the blunt applied, he may c**p himself again, which would require another blunt.
Lot's of jerks out there.
>>>--TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Longbow Association
Yucketsville Buffalo & Cricket Association

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle". -Plato

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 10:55:00 AM »
Originally posted by BobCo 1965:
RU completely sure that he saw you. Even though he looked at you he still may not have seen you. Sounds crazy.
I’m with you on this one. It sure doesn’t sound like a very well thought out plan on the mystery crappers part anyway. I have never heard of someone removing and using their socks for cleanup.   :biglaugh:   Crazy!
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 10:57:00 AM »
yeah, he saw me.  No doubt.  I was so mad when he started waving his soiled socks around in the air, if I would have had a rubber blunt tip, I would have given it to him.

Woodchucker, the buck was in the cane, the guy was in open woods.

Offline Brent Rudolph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2009, 11:13:00 AM »
Gatekeeper, obviously, you never forgot paper back at the truck!   :biglaugh:  

I would at least report it to your local game officials. The guy is going to get hurt out there. His behavior aside, and possibly illegel, he deserves a chance to get some education from the keepers of our outdoors. Maybe if he comes back to your hunting area, take a few pics of his ritual to share with game wardens. Having been in law enforcement, I can tell you we appreciated getting "evidence". You would be amazed the comments we got trying to ID these kind of guys.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Nor'easter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 12:42:00 PM »
Your more patient than me or any of my hunting partners.  That boy would have gotten a good beat-down!
60" Border Ultra hexIV 58@28
60" Border Ultra hexV 53@28
58" Robertson FatalStyk 52@28

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2009, 12:52:00 PM »
Too bad you didn't know where he parked. Cram some stink bait into the fresh air intake area at the base of his windshield. It has been known to take care of a problem child before. I'm not sayin' I'm just sayin'.
Got wood? - Tom

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2009, 01:02:00 PM »
As much as he might deserve it, even a rubber blunt from a hunting bow can kill. No ignorant sumbitch is worth going to prison over. And imaging the press! You would make their case, and the idiots would win.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 01:21:00 PM »
Don is totally right.

Think about this; your an anti-hunter; your plan is to find a hunter and ruin their day.

If the plan was thought out; why not bring toilet paper or an old pair of socks? Why socks though?

Personally I don't think I have the control that guy must have had; to walk around at the ready - waiting for a hunter.

Most likely - he was out walking; and when he saw you - you scared the .... out of him. In his moment of embarrassment -- he got back at you for scaring him and ruining his socks - by waving them at you so you would know he had to use his socks.

That would be my argument if I were his lawyer; and you had shot him with a blunt tip arrow.
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline mwmwmb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2009, 01:28:00 PM »
I emailed the White River Manager last week and the area is closed due to flooding despite the game and fish opening those flood prone regions.
this is some of the best bowhunting in the state. and i would be there right now (had planed on taking a week of work).

This may have been a hunter who was scouting for next year and got upset. still an Jerk though

Offline maxfit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2009, 02:00:00 PM »
:confused:
Lu 11:21  When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©