3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: chlorophyll tablets?  (Read 1008 times)

Offline madness522

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
chlorophyll tablets?
« on: April 11, 2007, 12:44:00 PM »
Have any of you guys and gal used chlorophyll tablets to help with scent control?  

I have a cousin that has used them for years and has filled tags from two states almost every year for the past decade or more.  He isn't the talkingest (is that a word) person and would never tell anyone his secrets or even where he hunted.  Last year I called and asked him to help track a deer and after a couple hours of sweating he smelled like a swimming pool in the summer, like clorine.  Eventually after much proding he told me he takes chlorophyll tablets starting a couple weeks before and throughout the hunting season.

EDIT: Title changed to maybe get a little more input...
Barry Clodfelter
TGMM Family of the Bow.

Offline Naphtali

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: chlorophyll tablets?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 01:29:00 PM »
Yes.

If he smells like a swimming pool, he uses a tablet different from those prescribed for colostomy patients.

Start taking them four-six days before you begin hunting. Start with higher dosage than label recommends. Tablets are harmless. Continue throughout the season.

Your bowel movements will turn greenish, and your urine will become greenish yellow -- and will be nearly odor free. Your perspiration will also be nearly odor free.

If you obtain pharmacologically pure tablets, their cost will be very high. From your description of the other, they're worth the cost.

Hope this helps.
It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it. Sam Levinson

Online fisherick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 07:48:00 PM »
This past season I used tripple chlorophyll tablets from the GNC store starting two weeks before the season. I teamed it up with Cabelas MTP underwear,and micro-tec clothes. Even after two or three days of wearing these shirts on a Colorado elk bivy hunt,( 30-80*) they DIDN'T stink. I seen as many animals as my scent-loc wearing buddy. Even back home , had many animals within 10 yards or less.

Offline madness522

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 10:51:00 AM »
ttt
Barry Clodfelter
TGMM Family of the Bow.

Offline Little Tree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 12:35:00 PM »
I have used it, just the cheap stuff from the natural food store, and I have noticed a considerable difference. Of course, I started to sprout roots out of the plantars warts on my feet, so I had to quit taking them. That gets annoying!

Offline Jeff Sample

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 12:52:00 PM »
I tried the tablets a few years back, I think they were from Hunters' Specialties. Can't say if they really worked or not. Stopped taking them halfway through the hunt because you had to take so darn many of them according to the instructions, and if I remember correctly I had some GI discomfort, which was a side effect listed on the bottle. They really darken your stool; didn't notice a urine effect.
Jeff
Give me oysters and beer, for dinner every day of the year and I'll feel fine – Jimmy Buffett

Offline Chuck Mullaley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 01:11:00 PM »
I wonder how it would work with the fish oil and garlic tablets my physician has me taking?  My wife swears that I don't smell like an Italian seafood dish...
"I hate rude behavior in a man...I won't tolerate it."  Capt. Woodrow F. Call

Offline Mr.Magoo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 02:33:00 PM »
I use the "triple chlorophyll" from GNC also and it works.  I start taking them about a week before the season starts and just take one a day.

Offline LCB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 02:45:00 PM »
I've also heard, but can't prove that a diet high in meats can cause an increase in body odor? Does anyone know if there is any science to back this??

Chuck
Success is measured not by inches of antler growth, but in the heart, soul, and mind!

Offline mmgrode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 04:41:00 PM »
Well, I guess you wouldn't have to eat...just sit out in the sun and you'd turn green and photosynthesize;)  Had to do it     :biglaugh:  

But really, I am leary of taking something to reduce your natural odor when it is in an amount that is not natural or normal. It is bound to have some sort of side effect. Take, for example, creatine. Creatine is found naturally in meat, but obviously not in that amount. It shows it's use in the gym, but you have to drink so much water if you run while on it otherwise you get cramps. Your friend probably didn't fill his tags because of some health food tablets, but by being a good hunter. I would just stay with good healthy food and play the wind. For me it's just part of the hunt. Cheers, Matt
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."  Aristotle

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 05:15:00 PM »
These can't be "traditional"...

:jumper:     :jumper:     :jumper:

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 05:32:00 PM »
They work for me!
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 05:55:00 PM »
Yup, they do work. Shawn
Shawn

Offline barebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 06:56:00 PM »
What Mr. Magoo said, "I use the triple chlorophyll from GNC also and it works." I too usually just take one a day in the morning and sometimes again after lunch for the evening hunt. Take one and wait about an hour then cup your hands in front of your mouth and blow into them and sniff. You should smell nothing!
"Killing an animal is intrinsic to the hunt. It shouldn't be glorified, but conducted with respect and reverence..." - Gene Wensel _ Primal Dreams

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 07:10:00 PM »
Yup , I use gnc stuff and they do work :0)
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »
They work...
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 07:35:00 PM »
Use to have a terrible foot odor... the wife wouldn't let me take my boots off in the house. After I started using the chlorophyl the foot odor went away... that's worth something!!

They absolutely work for the bowhunter.   :thumbsup:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Lee Viv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 07:46:00 PM »
I too, took them this past season, in fact, I take them all the time.  I think they help me, especially when I work in vry hot conditions in the summer, I don't notice as much odor.

Do they help hunting? They sure don't seem to cause any negative effects, so I'll keep using them.

Lee  :eek:

Offline madness522

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 09:04:00 PM »
Good info guys. I tried them last year but couldn't remember to take them everyday so I don't think they helped too much.  I do plan on taking them this year and get in the habit of taking them with my vitamins every morning.  I'm hoping they help because I do sweat a lot when its hot.  Especially during the hot months bow hunting.

Yeah Charlie being able to take your boots off in the house would definately be worth something!!!
Barry Clodfelter
TGMM Family of the Bow.

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 09:40:00 PM »
I started messing with Chlorophyl almost 30 years ago. I found that it has to be used on a regular schedule and in sufficient quantity. Always took a couple of weeks to reach it full effectiveness...before I started taking it full time.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©