3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Aoudad outfits?  (Read 443 times)

Offline Zbearclaw

• Trad Bowhunter
Aoudad outfits?
« on: December 08, 2009, 12:39:00 PM »
I have Aoudad and Nilgai as top of my list for everything except bears, deer species, caribou, and elk.

I would love to find a trespass setup anywhere they are free range.  Most outfits I have found are guided operations designed for rifle hunters.  I may have to go that route, and if so will be a while till I can afford it, but would be willing to commit to a trespass setup this late winter.

I would also prefer the trespass setup as given their eyes and ability to pick out a predator from miles I know it will take a lot of work to even get one on two trips.

Anyone got any recommendations?

thanks
Give me a bow a topo and two weeks, and I guarantee I kill two weeks!

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Aoudad outfits?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 01:33:00 PM »
I know a few guys that have taken one on the BOSS Ranch in Texas recently. These were all thunderstick hunts but guys asked for me about bow. They were told anyone can try, price around $4,000.00 so not a cheap hunt. I do believe the issue would be getting them to agree to longer hunt time than normal 3 day deal.

I'd love to hunt one spot and stalk on my own time. So if anyone knows how/where this could be done I'm all ears as well.
hunt it

Offline Zbearclaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 01:48:00 PM »
I got a bead on a 4 dayer in West Texas for a decent price, but it is a fully guided operation.  I would really like to find a working ranch that doesn't have a full time guide that will charge a fair price for a 5 day un-guided hunt.  

Then I can come back a few times for the price of one guided operation.

$4K is out for me
Give me a bow a topo and two weeks, and I guarantee I kill two weeks!

Offline amicus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 01:57:00 PM »
Zbear, there are some public deer hunts here in south texas,you have to draw for it, where you can also shoot Nilgai. I have never applied for it but I a few buddies of mine have. They say that the Nilgai are plentyful. Look up Texas parks and wildlife.

Gilbert
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it. Prov 10;22

A sinner saved by Grace.

Offline Fishnhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 09:01:00 PM »

thats Amistad. Check out the thread entitled Do It Yourself Hunts.  I've listed more info there.  People take Mouflon and Aoudad at amistad every year.  But its an insanely hard hunt

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 09:11:00 PM »
Is that some kind of rubber band bow outfit in the top pic there? What is that?

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 09:24:00 PM »
Bjorn, I'm pretty sure it's a mech arrow slinger that has been camo'ed out.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline Fishnhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 09:24:00 PM »
thats a round wheel Bear black panther circa 1990s that I used to finger shoot w/ before I switched to recurve. I tried to cover it up w/ Microsoft Paint application.  Dunno whether the pic is considered clean enough for this site.

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 09:34:00 PM »
fishnhunt - no wheel bow pics - period. Strongly advise you edit your post and delete that one before the mods get on your case. Click the little pencil/paper icon at the top of your post to edit.

CK used to have some Aoudad hunting at Carta Valley lease - low fence no trophy fee. They were mostly small ones but there were a few big rams about. Don't believe he still has access but you might check.

Offline Fishnhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 09:37:00 PM »
Will do, thanks I am still relatively new here dunno all the rules.

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 12:48:00 AM »
I stopped briefly at Amistad headquarters and visited about hunting there. They said they had a few Mouflon sheep but did not mention Aoudad. Its very flat and open ground but close to the west end of the hill country where there are good numbers of Aoudad.

Chris, great pic on your profile page, is that you on the right or the one about to lose and ear?

Offline Fishnhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 12:54:00 AM »
I'm the one losing the ear  :)

My buddy on the right is my best friend.  Going to see him graduate from Marine Office Candidate School in Quantico this weekend. I'm very proud of that guy.

Yep the Aoudad is something that seem newer to the area. Mouflon is more common but I'd love to ge a shot at either! Heck even a deer out there would be a treat. To me amistad is the ultimate challenge.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©