3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Shaman World Tour  (Read 6139 times)

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Shaman World Tour
« Reply #120 on: March 04, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »
Funny you should ask.  I got an e-mail about an hour ago that something in a box came to the house.  I had no idea what it could be because I had nothing on order.  I had the wife open it up.  She e-mailed back it was a bow!   :eek:   We were both surprised someone sent me a bow.  I was not faking it this time.   :D     Then I thought wait a minute.  I asked if it was yellow wood and a 3pc TD.  She e-mail back a couple minutes ago that it was.  So now I am checking this thread to see if I missed something because I had no idea it was on the way.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2010, 04:19:00 PM »
Oh by the way I draw about 29 1/4 - 29 1/2".  Any recommendations for arrows?  I have a lot of 400 spine carbons and a few 500’s.
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: March 04, 2010, 05:28:00 PM »
xtrema312,

I too draw 29 1/2" and it REALLY liked my  full length 35/55 Goldtips with 50 grain brass inserts behind 125 grain points. Enjoy your time with the bow.......and to quote a friend of mine that shot it with me "You can't help but smile, when you shoot this bow".

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline Brent Rudolph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2010, 08:22:00 PM »
Winterhawk had some good luck with that setup. I would hear him out.

Keep us posted on how it's going. Sorry about the whole wife deal. We offer family counseling for just such occasions. MC/Visa.....it can be added to the order.   :readit:      ;)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: March 04, 2010, 09:34:00 PM »
We had company tonight so I just got a chance to bolt her togather.  What is the brace height range on the bow?  It is at 7" now.

I don't have any full lenght 500 spine shafts, but I do have some at about 30 1/4" along with some 50 gr. brass inserts.  I will try some 125 and 145 points to see what happens.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: March 04, 2010, 09:36:00 PM »
Hey, I'm in Michigan. Must be I'll see her soon?
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline nkw880

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: March 04, 2010, 09:39:00 PM »
hey brent ill be sure to remember that ill send ya some when i get em   thanks
martin hunter 62" 55#
74 Kodiak Magnum 52" 45#
Tomahawk SS 64" 57#

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: March 04, 2010, 09:41:00 PM »
Originally posted by owlbait:
Hey, I'm in Michigan. Must be I'll see her soon?
I only glanced at the address list, but I the next name on the list I know was in MI and I think Hesperia.  That is a big town so may not be you.  :)

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: March 05, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »
The guys at the league are going to think I'm a bow gigalo with all the different bows I've brought to the shoot lately!

Offline Brent Rudolph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2010, 09:16:00 PM »
Owlbait, you are next up. Ohio, Ill. up next. Hope you enjoy it. Look forward to your feedback.

Brace should be closer to 71/2" Twist er up a bit.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2010, 09:44:00 PM »
I am ready to give her a go! Whats the max draw length you would try, Brent?

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: March 05, 2010, 09:57:00 PM »
I ran her up to 7 1/2" after shooting the first few arrows.  Much better.  The string is a little wound up at that brace.  It could use a shorter one, but will work fine.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2010, 04:54:00 PM »
The bow is on the way to Hesperia, MI as of today.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2010, 05:27:00 PM »
I'm ready!! I can't be first but I can be next.. Just what my old girlfriend used to say  :bigsmyl:

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2010, 06:28:00 PM »
Hey Brent, When can us Ohio boys be expecting? I believe I'm about 5" dialated. Won't be long I hope. I'm ready for the girl.

Mike
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline Brent Rudolph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2010, 08:32:00 AM »
You Buckeyeians should be on deck. Start messing with Owlbait. Mike remember your breathing exercises.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2010, 06:45:00 AM »
Shaman arrived yesterday. Thanks Tom. I was surprized at the lightweight for a Takedown as was memebers of the Trad league I shoot in. The Dryad owners thought the riser was very similar to the longbows they own. Comments: Very smooth draw, quiet, a bit of a "thump" at the end of the shot, perhaps from those deep hooks returning to the brace height? I have a week to shoot her and am looking forward to more personalized testing and review. My initial thoughts: the bow was quick for 45# and very smooth. I need some time to dial in the nock height and play with arrow weight but my 29 1/2" AD HammerHead trad lite with 145 gr up front seems to fly well. Thanks for the chance to shoot her Brent. OHIO? Really? WE still have Pony Express mail here so don't get too anxious. I'll try to wrap her in some Maize and Blue when she ships out.   :bigsmyl:

Offline Brent Rudolph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2010, 09:15:00 AM »
Now let's not start the thread in a bad direction! Riverboat and panties should not come up in the same sentence. This is a family program! Enjoy you time with her.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: March 13, 2010, 08:43:00 AM »
Well I have been a little delinquent on my comments.  This last week has been jamb packed, and because of it I only got to really shoot the bow Friday and Saturday.  I did get a fair amount of shooting in on Friday.  

I strung her up, steeped out the door of the barn and launched three arrows at 22 yd.  1.5" group!  My 18 n 1 is on some slick hard packed snow and with the warm up it rotates on the impacts so it is tighter than it looks.  I thought WOW the holy grail of bows!  Then I shot a bare shaft, and I realized it was a really stiff arrow.  My next couple of groups were not as tight, but still good.  I always seem to be able to shoot a bow I have never touched well at first.  I got centered up and then of course sent the bare shaft off the side and into the snow not to be found Friday.  I should have changed up point weight faster.  I upped that and kept shooting.  

Not the greatest pic's, but I just had my phone out with me and the bow in my hand and not in the photo's.

The bow shot very stable and consistent for a short light bow.  I did get some sensation of the string angle at 29 1/4" draw.  I wouldn't say pinch, but I noticed it closing in more than my 60" bows, but not all that much more than my 60" TD LB.  It was very tolerable.

The two things I noticed right off other than the accuracy was the thump in the hand and the way the bow loved to hit my arm.  It had a lot of forward jump that didn't bother me at all.  It seemed to jump right at the target and not flip around or bother my hand or elbow.  I turned up the brace from the 7" it was at to 7 1/2".  That as better, but it still got my arm.  I would have liked to go up to 8", but the string was a little wound compared to what I am used to on strings, and I was not sure what the brace range was.  

The grip is very slim.  My other bows have more of a flat or large radius section for me to push my base of thumb into.  This grip is very narrow.  I tried a few different grips and found three to work fine.  One was more of an off the side suitcase grip, one was three fingers tucked into the riser, and the other was a medium grip pressure controlling grip that worked well.

My groups were not the best with the unknown arrow spine so I switched over to some 400's I had.  They were longer with 100 gr. brass. I played with a few points in the afternoon on Friday.  I got a combo a little stiff, but it was shooting a bare shaft like a bullet.  I was having fun shooting that 25-30 yd. and watching that shaft just disappear in flight when all of a sudden OOCH! there goes a new arrow.  That was my first ever robin hood with a bare shaft.  Typically they are not going so straight that they will do more than damage a nock.

I had fun shooting the bow.  It was very light and compact all around.  I am not sure it is really 54" as reported.  Has to be at least 56".  I think someone is just pulling my leg.  I should have taken a tap to it.  It is real stable and accurate for such a little bow.  I have not shot a curve much in a while so I thought it was very quiet.  I loved how smooth it was on the draw.  I wish it was 5-7# heavier to better feel how it was drawings.  It had very good cast for the weight.  It sure sparked my interest in the static limb bows.  I don't know if it is for me, but 2" longer, a little grip shape adjustment, and a few more pounds could have gotten it lost in the mail.

Thanks for the chance to shoot it!

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: March 13, 2010, 07:36:00 PM »
Nice shooting! I should be getting close on my Shaman I think mine was due to be built in March!   :D

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©