3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Shaman World Tour  (Read 6150 times)

Offline Brent Rudolph

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Shaman World Tour
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2009, 12:28:00 AM »
Maybe the weather will hold off long enough for you to get a hunt in. How long are the arrows? Wondering when quivered if they are longer than the lower limb. Great looking setup, and not a bad group. Enjoy.

Svein, you got a place to stay if you are looking at relocating. Might be a bit drastic to move all the way here from Norway because of the postal service. Just saying.......
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline SveinD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2009, 03:15:00 AM »
Ty for the invite! If opportunity knocks, I will drop by  ;)
It might sound a bit drastic, but if so, i'm moving because of archery, not the postal service  :D
Centaur 58" Glass XTL 40@28

~Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand~ Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Follower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2009, 04:03:00 PM »
Doesn't look like Shaman will get to hunt Alabama.  Her time will be up on Christmas day.  Between the weather and all the Christmas activity I don't see it happening.  I will send her on to the next stop on Saturday.  

Brent - those arrows are 31" bop and are just about even with the limb tip.  That little quiver works nice on that bow though - its a Mystic Longbow quiver that I've had for quite a while.  

Shot a few more arrows between rains today.  This bow is quick and quiet. Just a soft thump when you drop the string.  The quiver and 4 arrows added just enough mass to the bow to make it feel just about right for me.  

I want to thank Brent and Mike for the opportunity to try her out.  I like it.  Shaman gets a thumbs up from me!
"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross, and follow me...."  Jesus  (Mathew 16:24)

Offline Brute killer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2009, 06:35:00 PM »
Doesn't look like Shaman will get to hunt Alabama
:(
Martin
"The first deer that gets close enough and I'm goin Womack on his ass!! " Charlie Lamb

Offline Brent Rudolph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2009, 08:29:00 PM »
Me too Martin. I was sure looking forward to getting a hunting story.

Steven, thanks for playing along. Appreciate your time. You and yours have a Merry Christmas. Blessings for the new year.

Brent
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2009, 09:29:00 AM »
Well how's it going with our little girl?

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Follower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2009, 04:05:00 PM »
Shows that she has arrived in West-By-God-Virginia
"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross, and follow me...."  Jesus  (Mathew 16:24)

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2009, 04:33:00 PM »
Yep......she arrived in "hillbilly land" yesterday. I took her out of the box, put her together, and strung her up.

This is one gorgeous little bow folks. She got quite the workout today indoors at the club. Usually, a friend of mine (Horner) and myself get together at least once a week and shoot for a few hours. Today was that day.

Like an idiot, I forgot the Selway stringer that was packaged with the bow, and couldn't unstring her while we were there, to change the brace height. My draw length is right at 30" and this little bow handled it just fine. I've gotta tell you.......she flat out "smokes" an arrow downrange. Absolutely no finger pinch, and as quiet as a church mouse. This bow was built for performance, and it sure showed it's stuff today.

My buddy was shooting her, and he put it in the best terms, that I have ever heard. He said...."You can't help but smile, when you shoot this bow". It will truly surprise you, in many ways. The worksmanship, the looks, and the performance was absolutely flawless. She definately shoots as well as she looks.

I'm gonna have to make another trip out to the club, before my time is up, and this time I'm gonna remember the stringer. I also forgot my heavier spined arrows. Up until now, my GT 35/55's with 175 grains up front have shot out of everything that I have put them through. The spine was weak with this bow. I will also, remember my 55/75's next time.

At Bryan's shorter draw length, the 35/55's were just fine........I can't believe that I forgot the dang stringer    :knothead:   I'm also gonna try to take a few pictures of the bow, at full draw. It's almost unbelievable that those limbs will take that much bending. I'll keep you guys posted, and I would like to thank Brent....once again for sending this bow out for us "common folk" to try out.

I have shot numerous bows of short length, and this one........sure feels nice.

I'll report back later........   :campfire:  

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2009, 05:31:00 PM »
Brent,is my 54" Shaman done yet I can't keep reading how well these bows shoot and still sleep at night waiting for my Osage/Bocote Shaman to arrive (LOL)! Winterhawk1960 a picture at full draw would be cool!

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2009, 09:41:00 PM »
Steel.....

I'll see what I can come up with   :bigsmyl:  

Winterhawk1960

Offline Brent Rudolph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2009, 11:04:00 PM »
I am pleased you are enjoying your time with the Shaman. You and your "Billy" buds are very welcome. I get a kick outa this stuff. It is a fun bow to shoot. Thanks to The guys at Dryad for the workmanship. They always turn out great work. And thanks to Jason "Son of Wingnut" for his computer savy. He made this project SO easy. I do agree that a 30" draw pic would be fun to see Winterhawk.

Steel, We are having an AA meeting (Archers Anonymous) if you would like to come until the bow is done.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2009, 12:00:00 AM »
If it is not to late can I get in on the "tour"? I am here in San Diego, Ca. we do not have any snow at our range so far this year and being retired I can give the bow a workout. Thanks Tom

Offline Brent Rudolph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2009, 12:41:00 AM »
Tom,

Drop me a PM. It is going to be in CA for the last week of the tour. Maybe we can work it out.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2010, 04:21:00 PM »
O.K...........let's try a couple full draw pictures. I talked the "better half" into venturing out in the cold long enough to capture a few shots.

Winterhawk1960

Offline Brent Rudolph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2010, 06:15:00 PM »
Thanks for the pictures Don. Tell the Better Half thanks for braving the cold.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2010, 06:32:00 PM »
Sweet drawn profile!!  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2010, 07:17:00 PM »
She says, "Your quite welcome"......Brent.

Now that I'm taking a close look at that picture, perhaps my form isn't to bad after all.

Whatta ya'll think ???

Winterhawk1960

Offline Brent Rudolph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2010, 08:15:00 PM »
Your form looks better than mine. Not sure if that is a compliment.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2010, 08:41:00 PM »
Brent,that little bow looks realy awesome.From what everyone is say'n i think all involved in the design of this bow did a wonderful job.I think you all have something here.Good luck and Happy New Year!!!!!!
Mike

Offline Horner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2010, 09:24:00 PM »
:coffee:
What would you attempt to do, if you knew you could not fail?

Never leave the one you love, for the one you like.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©