3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: One with the Wilderness.  (Read 694 times)

Offline Tocs

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: One with the Wilderness.
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2009, 12:07:00 AM »
Just today I received two copies of Mike's book.One for a nephew of mine and one for myself.Christmas gifts for each of us.I am an infrequent visitor here but I have read enough on this forum to know that Mike is a special person.I flipped through the book and I just know that this is going to be a very meaningful book for me.
Mike was kind enough to have written inscriptions in each of the books,the one for my nephew being very relevent as he is in his first year of college and beginning to prepare him self for adulthood.He also is the early stages of his hunting life.the inscription reads,"Measure success in proportion to your effort".I can't wait to give this gift to my nephew!
Thank you very much Mike for the extra thoughtfulness!

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2009, 07:51:00 AM »
Tocs- You are most welcome. I hoped to redefine the notion that some young hunters view as success, and maybe inspire them to find reward even in failure.

I have a book signing tomorrow in Zion, Illinois, at a regular book store where they carry both my book and Primal Dreams. It will be interesting to see the response from the general public.

Thank you all for your kind words this year directed at myself and my family, and have a Merry Christmas! Mike

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2009, 09:19:00 AM »
Can't wait to read it!

BTW Mike, Dec. 7th is also my daughter's birthday, so there's a happy note too!

While I'm at it, I just want to thank you for the work that you do at your "regular job". Thanks to people like you, my mother was able to spend another 3 years with us before her passing. All the best to you and yours from the Leemans family.
Got wood? - Tom

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2009, 10:18:00 AM »
I'm sorry to say that, although Mike's book is high on my list of things to get, I still haven't purchased it.  After watching Primal Dreams about half a dozen times, the book keeps moving higher on the list.

Maybe I'll receive it for Christmas.  If not, I'll take matters in my own hands.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline Ghost Dancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2009, 02:15:00 PM »
All I can say is ... I started the book an it immediately started to resonate with me in a way that few have.  Then I saw I missed the dedication page and I saw the picture.  He mentioned something about the will of God.

My eyes instantly welled up and I had to put the book down.  This will be a special book.

I decided that I will read this book when I can sit and absorb it in a block of time not in little pieces.

During my Christmas break I will be reading this book.  I can tell this is a man who speaks from his soul.

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2009, 03:19:00 PM »
Mike is a really great guy but simple still one like us with the success and the failures we all overcome,thumb up for a must have book.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2009, 05:15:00 PM »
Just bought copies for myself and 2 others for Christmas...I gotta read this book and should have before now.
Mike Davenport

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2009, 06:54:00 PM »
Mike: Did you know street-talk is your loving brother David set up the book store signing just so he could hunt your treestands when you weren't there? BW

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2009, 08:00:00 PM »
Yes Barry, Mark called and spilled the beans on David's plan. I hope he does good, but its supposed to snow and be cold, so will have to get down and wallow around in the brush to stay warm. Ha!

Ghost Dancer - I’m glad you will spend some quiet time during the Christmas holiday to read some of my book. I hope it lives up to hype. :>)

Thanks, Mike

Offline Brad Davis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2009, 09:18:00 AM »
I have finished Recurvin' Coyotes. I cant sit down and read abunch at a time due to kids/wifey etc. but its in my hands every spare chance I get. Just wanted to say nice job on the book. Said my prayer too.  
And how cool would that be to be shopping at the mall and see Mike sitting there signing books at the book store.
Mommy, where does bacon come from??
Well, a pig sweetheart.
Well how does a pig lay bacon??
Cassie 5

Daddy, what season is it?
Well, winter season honey.
No! What "hunting" season is it!!
Cassie 8

Kids, ya gotta love'um!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©