3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunt every chance you get......  (Read 857 times)

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Hunt every chance you get......
« on: December 11, 2009, 09:20:00 PM »
Arranged to get most of a full day in the woods today. It was a brisk -20 up where I was. My water bottle was frozen in my quiver pocket after only 90 minutes in the woods. The 12" of snow had that thin crust on top that made every step such a joy (my fellow northern hunters no of what I speak). Tried to take some pics of ways to stay warm and the snow for a couple of other threads on here but alas it was too cold for the digital camera to work. The 40 mph gusts in every direction made playing the wind a little tough too. I loved every minute of it. You see I lost a big chunk of my hunting days this year.

Back in October I had a little virus and a flutter in my chest so my wife made me go to the doctor. Everything looked fine but my EKG was a little different than my base line so I was told I needed a stress test to be safe. So a month later on the Monday before Thanksgiving I was in the Cardiologist office having it done. My blood pressure, blood oxygen and pulse where all fine during the test as was my EKG, but they also take pictures of your heart at these thing right after than a few hours later(the Cardiologist actually asked me why I was even there after the first part of the exam). Well on Tuesday I get called into the office by the top dog who had looked at my pictures. He was very concerned. He said it looked like my heart was 30%+ damaged and asked if I had a major heart attack. Not to my knowledge and I'm pretty sure I would remember something like that and I'd been feeling fine. He wanted me to go north for an immediate heart cath, I said Doc it's hunting season how about we do this next week? He and the wife ganged up on me. So the day before Thanksgiving I was in a hospital two hours north having a heart cath. They found that the artery across my heart was 100% blocked and put two stents in. I made it home on Thanksgiving just in time for dinner.

I passed a lot of does during the early season waiting for a chance at the giant I saw this year. The doctor was glad I did, he wasn't sure I would have lived through a dragging out a deer.

So enjoy every chance you get to hunt, even if you are placed under restrictions(I'm not supposed to do any long hike ins for a little while and to get help with any drag outs). You never know which hunt will be the last so enjoy each and everyone.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunt every chance you get......
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 09:31:00 PM »
Wow, scary times!
I am glad to hear everything went well for you!

Online ssoden

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 09:33:00 PM »
Friend ... thanks for your advise, sometimes it takes changes like this to open our eye's to things that we failed to see before hand.

I wish you the best .. and enjoy your hunt.

God Bless,
Steve

Offline maxfit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 09:37:00 PM »
Dave
Glad to hear you are doing well. All the best to you and here's to you being smart and getting checked.God bless you ,your family and the many days and years ahead in the field.
Lu 11:21  When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 09:38:00 PM »
Glad to hear that this heart problem was caught in time!
Someone was looking out for you up there!

Merry Christmas to you and your family Dave

F-Manny
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline Owlgrowler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 09:41:00 PM »
Glad you're alright.
Bragging may not bring happiness,
but no man having caught a large fish,goes home through the alley.

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 09:43:00 PM »
Wow David very close call! Glad to see this was discovered. Speedy recovery my friend. Keep in mind that squirrels are easy to drag out. Good hunting bud.
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Offline vtmtnman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 09:48:00 PM »
Hunting over to Pittsford or up on the mountain?It was some brutal cold today,and we're just getting "warmed" up. :rolleyes:

We'll have to get together for an end of season hunt this weekend.I'll give ya a ring  :thumbsup:
>>>>--TGMM family of the bow--->

Offline duck'n

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 09:48:00 PM »
Glad to hear you are doing well, that is scary stuff...my father-in-law just went through a similar ordeal.  I agree 100% with enjoying your time doing the things you love.  We have had several medical issues within the family this year and I feel these are "signposts" to take a look around and enjoy what you have and who you have to share it with.

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 09:49:00 PM »
Dave keep positive thoughts, just like archery, most of the health game is mental. You'll be back at "old times" in no time. I have a few retired golfing guys who had that done and there are back to themselves.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 09:53:00 PM »
I was up top of Hawk Mountain in Pittsfield at the start of today Rich. Ended it in a different spot in Pittsford and a little three doe encounter. Was only a 100 yards from the truck when I ran into them.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 09:58:00 PM »
Dave, been there done that....nothing worse than have'n a cath done and the doctor says"O look at this" to the nurse....and you can hear it. That was almost 4 years ago. Diet and daily trips to the gym have kept me going and looking forward to every day to do the things I like to do. Do what the Cardio guy says, lose a few pounds, take a walk, shoot each day and enjoy. We really would like to see you around this site for many years to come.    Take Care!!!!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 10:02:00 PM »
It was good to read that you got things taken care. Good wives and good Dr.s help. I thank God for your outcome. Follow the Dr.s' orders and it sounds like you'll be good to go.
God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Irish Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 10:12:00 PM »
Glad it all worked out for you. God Bless you.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 10:15:00 PM »
Glad you got to the Doc before too late David. I once had pnemonia or however you spell it so bad I thought I was gonna die. Thats been nearly 15 years ago and I can remember coming home from the hospital and looking at the trees and Swamp around my house on the way in. It never looked so good.I Thank God for the healing and pray we all never take another Sunrise for Granted again.Happy Holidays and Merry CHRISTmas to you fellers.RC

Offline MJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 10:19:00 PM »
Dave,
Glad your doing well. God Bless you .
A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 10:25:00 PM »
Awesome it turned out well!  Thank God!  Every once in a while a nagging wife is a good thing.  shh, don't tell my wife!  :)
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline CDR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2009, 11:28:00 PM »
Glad to hear that you are doing well!!

Offline sou-pawbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2009, 11:36:00 PM »
David.
What a sobering turn of events.  I am happy to hear you had a poitive outcome, and will pray for your continued good health.
Molon labe

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2009, 11:49:00 PM »
Glad your back in the woods, Dave.. Very theraputic, eh?

Good advice on not taking a single day for granted...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©