3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: If You Had $1000.....  (Read 2073 times)

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: If You Had $1000.....
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2009, 01:15:00 AM »
"I can't speak for everyone else but for me it's the thought of spending the $ and having the possibility of coming home empty handed. That would be hard to swallow as well as hard to explain to the spouse. At least if I buy a bow I can have something to show for the money."

I thought so too, until I did it.  I've been to several states hunting hogs, been to Canada on a moose hunt, been to NM and CO elk hunting....I haven't killed many animlas on these trips, but I have experiences and memories that money can't buy and time spent with fellow archers and hunters that I wouldn't have gotten any other way.  Those are worth more than any bow.

Offline Ray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2009, 07:37:00 AM »
$1000 free money(OH BOY)I'm having a hard time thinking about it.I am a member of bowaholics but the thought of someplace warm right now chasing varmints would be very appealing.

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2009, 08:01:00 AM »
You can't put a price on memories made.  Everyone needs to take a hunting or fishing trip and hang out with your buddies.  I don't want to be sitting around one day talking about what I should have done I want to do it now.  That being said I enjoy bow shoots in the off season just as much as hunting.  Me and my freinds usually make a day of it with the big boy breakfast and conversation.  I also enjoy buying and trading bows.  The bottom line is live life while you can.  I'm planning a moose hunt and fishing trip with my brother-in-law now.  Sometime in the next 3 years.  I'll put my thousand dollars towards that!    :thumbsup:
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2009, 08:17:00 AM »
HATCHASER, right on! I find myself hunting less and less at home, where I can walk outside straight into the woods, but I cherish each hunt I make with my friends. As we age, the camaraderie and shared experiences become much more important than the kills. I've been hunting with the same two guys, who live in different states from me, for about 30 years. The memories I can share with my friends are what keep me going. We've hunted several states together, and we have rarely killed anything on any of those hunts, but I wouldn't change a thing. Well, except maybe to convert a miss or two to hits!    :)  

We've had more fun in the process than any three people have a right to do.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2009, 08:49:00 AM »
Got all the bows I need for now and I've never hunted anything more than an hour drive away so I'd rather take the $ and put it towards a hog hunt somewhere warm during the winter.Never hunted them but looks and sounds like fun and I like pork.Someday!

Offline Owlgrowler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2009, 10:56:00 AM »
Hunt.
Bragging may not bring happiness,
but no man having caught a large fish,goes home through the alley.

Offline SveinD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2009, 11:05:00 AM »
I' put up the payment for a Centaur  :)
To bad on the One Year Wait!
Centaur 58" Glass XTL 40@28

~Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand~ Kurt Vonnegut

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2009, 08:16:00 PM »
Kurt- A boar hunt sounds like fun, but I think that a good way to spend the money is on the once a year bunny hunt. With all these guys responding, we can double the money we raised last year for St. Jude's at the bunny hunt.  I am in either way.    :notworthy:
Work is for people who don't know how to hunt.  People who don't know how to hunt, don't eat well.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2009, 10:31:00 PM »
$1000 will just about pay for my 2 week bear/blacktail hunt to POW this September.  $650 for the air charter and the rest for tags.  My flight from Detroit to Ketchikan cost $30.

I've got a new TallTines coming in another month or so...thank goodness Brian hasn't started pricing them for what they are really worth YET!

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: December 13, 2009, 10:39:00 PM »
i'd buy heaps and heaps of stumping and rabbit arrows ... !!!
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2009, 10:59:00 PM »
There's a lot of pigs hoping you blokes don't get your hands on an extra thousand bucks!
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2009, 12:46:00 AM »
I had the same thoughts too Ben!
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2009, 07:34:00 AM »
I just sold a rifle, and the money is going into a 'hunting trip' account. I have more bows than I can shoot at one time now, and although I am tempted to get some more bows from time to time, I will be spending on hunting jaunts instead. Hogs or a buffalo is my short list.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline slivrslingr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2009, 08:29:00 AM »
Here's the way I look at it.  While $1000 bows are nice to look at and shoot, I don't really NEED one, or a rack full of said bows.  Collecting bows is kind of like collecting guns, one of each caliber or style for a particular reason.  In reality, in the way a guy could buy a Remington 30-06 and hunt the world, a guy could buy a 55# Bear Montana (or something in the same class) and hunt the world, no other tool needed.  Since you don't get a bank account or "man room" when you die, ie. you don't get to take it with you, I'd rather spend the money making memories with my friends and family hunting somewhere different.  As I get older, "stuff" is getting less important to me, I've got more toys than I need, but the memory banks have plenty of room!

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »
Yeah, I,d be going to the woods.  I go out of state hunting every year, sometimes twice.  I do it the cheap way, though.  I go for a week and I spend just over $400 including tags.  Maybe i'd go on two trips.  :bigsmyl:
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2009, 09:04:00 AM »
I have found my bows that I am happy with and I am one of those fellas that dont want alot of bows, simply because I like to get "comfortable" with my equipment. That way I can concentrate on my shooting, and not worry about the different feel of a different bow.

I would rather take a hunting trip with that $1000.00 . Its always been my dream of mine to take my 13 year old daughter Ashley with me, and experience a hunt. I dont care if its for pigs, deer, bear or whatever. That time would be cherished by me and the memories would last till I take my last breath..
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: December 14, 2009, 09:15:00 AM »
With $1000, I'd buy more tools and materials, make more bows, Sell some of the bows, go on the hunting trip, then I'd still have the tools to build more bows. Right Wingnut?
Got wood? - Tom

Offline frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: December 14, 2009, 10:46:00 AM »
:campfire:
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline IdahoCurt

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: December 14, 2009, 10:55:00 AM »
Everyone beats to a different drum.
I would rather spend money on a trip,that makes me happy.

Some people by nature love to buy,collect or dream,thank God we are not all the same.

Offline sweeney3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: December 14, 2009, 11:22:00 AM »
I'd get some arra fixins with a little bit, then go on a couple of hunts back home, but nothing crazy.  Give the last couple away or get some kid stuff with it.
Silence is golden.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©