3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Damon Howatt Hunter  (Read 3310 times)

Offline Mark

• Trad Bowhunter
Damon Howatt Hunter
« on: June 30, 2006, 10:33:00 PM »
Can anyone help me I am looking for a true howatt Hunter not a martin not sure if I know how to tell the between the two of them I do have a Martin made in the mid 80's I also have a Jack Howard Hunter would like to add a true Howatt to the collection. Is there anyone that can tell me how to tell the differnce. I do know Martin bought them out don't but not sure in what year
   Thanks
     Mark

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Damon Howatt Hunter
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 07:30:00 AM »
I have a mid 1970's 58" 55@ 28" true Howatt Hunter not a lot of 58" out there, but was bought from Martin so they have owned Howatt for a long time but it was about that time they were bought out.My 58" looks just like a Mamba not at all like a hunter of today my go-to for many years real killer .I sent it to bowdoc b/c it was well used and now looks like a new bow.Post on *********** Howattman 54 will help you with questions.Kip

Offline Mark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 12:09:00 AM »
Thanks Kip for the info
    Mark

Offline GroundHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 12:18:00 AM »
Mark, go to eBay. There are frequently Damon Howatt Hunters for sale. They have good pix, and you can see they are no kidding DHH's. They say "Damon Howatt" and "Hunter" on the bow. The Hunter is 62" AMO. DH Mamba is 58" AMO, and Martin makes the mamba in 58" now. DH High Speed comes in several AMO lengths. This is from eBay listings - I follw the DH listings regularly. I have two DH Hunters 50# and 65#. Hunters on eBay go for $200 + or -.
GroundHunter
Mom taught me: "Can't never could and won't never will"

HH Wesley Spl. 66" 85#@28
HH Black Bear. 66" 73#@28
Instinctive shooter, like wood arrows. Stalk & still hunt.
Dream: wingshooting ducks and quail

Offline SL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 01:21:00 PM »
I have one that is 50lbs at 28"- DH hunter.It's in real good shape. Been thinking about selling it, I don't shoot it much anymore. I have to many other bows. If you're interested send me a PM.
SL

Offline Mark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 07:16:00 PM »
Thanks Groundhunter I too have been following E Bay I just want to get what I am looking for.

SL: That bow is a little to lite Iam looking for one around 55lbs to 60lbs Thanks

Offline GroundHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 06:32:00 PM »
Just watch the listings. 55#-60# DH hunters come up often. I got a 65#@28" DH hunter on eBay, and a 70#@27" Martin Mamba that was a no-kidding  custom from Martin - My draw length - couldn't believe it.  All shoot great. Just be sure the pix are really clear, so WYSIWYG.
GroundHunter
Mom taught me: "Can't never could and won't never will"

HH Wesley Spl. 66" 85#@28
HH Black Bear. 66" 73#@28
Instinctive shooter, like wood arrows. Stalk & still hunt.
Dream: wingshooting ducks and quail

Offline SCATTERSHOT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 11:37:00 AM »
All Martin stickbows have been made by Howatt Archery since their inception, and marketed by Martin Archery. Any Hunter you buy will have been made by Howatt, regardless of the name on the bow.
"Experience is a series of non - fatal mistakes."

Offline petrey5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 09:29:00 AM »
I am looking for a recently made left-handed Martin Hunter 62" LH  50 # 28" in good to excellent condition.  Any ideas on where I could find one?

Offline 2Knives

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 07:45:00 PM »
I thought Martin bought them in the late 70s.
I've seen a difference in the early Hunters and the late ones...I prefer the early ones!!
 http://www.martinarchery.com/mag/iadamon.html
USAF AMMO Retired

Shoot True!!!
Don't Squat with your Spurs on!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©