3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Different limbs....  (Read 193 times)

Offline DngrsDan

• Trad Bowhunter
Different limbs....
« on: December 13, 2009, 03:07:00 PM »
I read a few posting that kinda confused me. (OK...who's the wise guy that said "easy to do"?)
It seemed to me that some were talking about putting a set of limbs from a different maker on their riser.

Being relatively new to trad gear I'm not sure if that can be done or not.    :confused:    
Is there a fixed standard on the spacing of the bolt holes that allows the interchanging of different maker's limbs?
If something seems too good to be true it’s best to shoot it, just in case. … Fiona on “Burn Notice”

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
Re: Different limbs....
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 05:26:00 PM »
Not really.  Most limbs from different builders are not interchangeable.  Some use one alignment hole, others two, how they space either may also differ.  Some bolt from the back of the riser, others from the belly.  In short, it's possible you might find a set of limbs from two different builders that would fit the same rise, but it's extremely unlikely.

Unless,you're talking ILF (International Limb Fitting) limbs.  Those are standardized and any ILF limb will fit any ILF riser regardless of who made them.

Offline Kevin L.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 05:29:00 PM »
Yep, ILF comes immediately to mind, along with those like Brandon at Rose Oak who make limbs for Bear T/D bows.
Appalachian LB 66"57@26
Appalachian LB 68" 60@28
Appalachian Flatbow 64" 56@28
Appalachian Archery RC 58"62@28
Bighorn LB 68" 57@28
HH Wesley LB 66" 53@27
HH Cheetah LB 66" 52@26
Saxon American RC 58" 60@28

Offline DngrsDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 10:34:00 PM »
OK....thanks Orion. It is quite possible that ILF was what I read about. That sounds familiar, I just didn't know what ILF meant. Makes sense.
If something seems too good to be true it’s best to shoot it, just in case. … Fiona on “Burn Notice”

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©