3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Northeast Texas shoot  (Read 2953 times)

Offline jmar595

• Trad Bowhunter
Northeast Texas shoot
« on: January 06, 2007, 07:32:00 PM »
Would there be anyone in the northeast Texas area that would want to get together and have a little shooting day. I'll cook out or we can meet up somewhere. I won't be able to get my hunting license until mid next month, but I would like to go stump hunting or shooting. Anyone up for it?
"Let yourself go with the arrow and the trip will never cease to amaze you."   Me

Offline Txjourneyman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Northeast Texas shoot
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 08:41:00 PM »
Sure why not! Count me in.

Offline jmar595

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 10:00:00 PM »
Congrats on your new bow Txjourneyman. You found a good deal. I got my recurve from Smalson on here. I am not sure how we would do the shoot, but I would like to get together with some other archers. How would you want to do it, and where? We could do it at my house or meet somewhere. I don't know of any good places. If you do let me know.
"Let yourself go with the arrow and the trip will never cease to amaze you."   Me

Offline jmar595

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 03:14:00 PM »
ttt

Offline Son of Texas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 04:22:00 PM »
where in northeast texas are you from?
I live between Tyler and Longview, I
would love to get to gather and shoot.
I've been shooting trad for along time
and I've never shot with any trad.shooters
before.

Offline jmar595

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 04:54:00 PM »
Hey, Robert. Nice birthday, September 23 is a good day. I was born in '79. I live in Point just north of Emory. From mapquest it seems your not too far away. Don't know if I'll be able to shoot though, keep killing arrows. LOL I don't have any left. I'll get some today or tomorrow. As for when and where, I'm not sure yet, thought I'd throw the idea out there and see who all wanted to do this. I've only been shooting for about a month. Txjourneyman says he wants to, I need to see if more people want to or we could shoot. If u want we could shoot here, I could grill out or something, or if u know anywhere good we could go there. Let me know.

Offline Txjourneyman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »
I Could ask the land owner of my lease in Praireville if we could do something out there. Maybe a rabbit hunt? It is 20 miles south of Canton, almost to Mabank.

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 10:28:00 PM »
Hey guys, count me in. A wabbit hunt would be great or just a get together to shoot. Someone come up with a place and I'll come. Maybank area is good for me. Hey jmar, I have some old arrows I just had refletched you would be welcome to. Not too pretty, but good for stumps or rabbits. They have field tips on them. Let me know.
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline roper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 10:48:00 PM »
John...I live close to Lone Oak near the Sabine
river......We have quite a few stickbow hunters
around here..Let me know when you are going to
meet and I'll try to make it also.....allen

Offline jmar595

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 12:06:00 AM »
Man, I probably pass by u everyday Roper. Greenville and live in Point. I would like to do that rabbit hunt, I'll have to wait on that rabbit hunt until I get a license, I was looking tonight, and man there are so many, which do u need? I think u need a combo, cause I want to fish also. I guess u need an archery stamp, and do u need a lease stamp also? I also saw a public hunting one too, do u need one of those to hunt in the nat'l forest and such? And does anyone know how to go about the hunters ed. course. I would like to do a rabbit hunt, just have to get my ducks in a row first. What would everyone like to do? We could have a cookout here, and then do a rabbit hunt also, let me know.

Offline Txjourneyman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 08:08:00 AM »
jmar595 go to the Tx parks and wildlife web sight and you will find all that info. for rabbits you only need a $12 hunting license, that is also good for hogs and that is important! You don't need a lease license to hunt on a lease that is for guys that want to lease their land to hunters. National forests in Tx are something that you have to watch. If you are in a WMA you need a public lands permit. If you are not on a WMA you don't need the permit. There are maps available from USFS and TPWD that define boundries. I have many relevant links at home and will PM them to you after work if I get the chance. Also there is public land available from U.S Army Corps of Engineers. I think I have that link as well.
  I am open to whatever as far as a get together goes. Just let me know. I will check about the lease this coming weekend to see if that is OK.  
                          Greg

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 11:49:00 AM »
Hey guys, I am doing some checking on two WMA's for rabbits, squirels and Hogs. Yearly hunting permit is $48.00 from Texas P & W or $15.00 each time you go at the WMA. Annual is best deal. I am checking on Pat Mayse WMA north of Paris and Tawakoni WMA. Both have 1,000's of acres for public hunting with lots of game and plenty big for a get together. When I get the maps and check where the areas are I will get back with ya.
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 11:55:00 AM »
John you only have to have the archery stamp to hunt deer during the archery only season. As far as the public hunting, you need the annual hunting permit or pay a daily fee to hunt WMA lands. No permit required for national forest, only state hunting license. If you want to fish the combo is best.

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Steven McCurry

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 12:12:00 PM »
I'd be interested in getting together!  I'm in Bonham, Fannin County.  Work a crazy schedule but can bend it at times when the need comes up.  Y'all make my mind up for me and let me know.  :)

Offline jmar595

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 07:38:00 PM »
If anyone wants to, we can cook out at my place this weekend and shoot a little, u are all invited. Also, let me know if u are allergic or don't like: dogs, cats, or ferrets. I have a zoo at my house. LOL Come out this weekend and we can shoot some and eat and drink, and discuss some possiblities for hunting.

Offline texas woody

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 08:01:00 PM »
I'm a little SE of Sherman(Grayson Co.), I would be interested if my schedule can get worked out. I do a lot of traveling so I try to stay near home unless I can plan in advance

Offline shortstroke 91

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2007, 08:04:00 PM »
I live in Rowlett, I'm going out this weekend for a HOG hunt on my FRIEND's ranch in west Texas, it's a small place, about 18,000 acres. Let me know what weekend you guys decide to do this I'd love to come along.
shortstroke 91
TBOT Life Member

"BLOOD MAKES THE GRASS GROW"

Offline jmar595

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007, 08:54:00 PM »
U r all invited, just PM me if u want to come, and I will give u directions. Texas Woody, I'm a little over an hour south of u.

Offline Steven McCurry

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2007, 08:07:00 AM »
This weekend would be out of the question for me.  Having to work doubles.  Like I said, schedules a little crazy here lately.  Just set something up and I'll try my best.

An hour south of Tom Bean?  That ain't NE Tex!  You're one of them Southern boys!  :D

Offline jmar595

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2007, 01:01:00 PM »
Sorry everyone, I invited u all and didn't say when. It will start Saturday about 11-noon. Everyone like stuffed bell peppers and fajitas? I have a straw bale with some paper targets and a few other things to put in the bale. Let me know if u all have any other suggestions on things to shoot.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©