3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: He's back Shootin'....a revelation! .... pg. 2  (Read 2118 times)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: He's back Shootin'....a revelation! .... pg. 2
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2007, 01:28:00 PM »
Curt, I told ya. Darryls kid was shooitng very well within a week or so. Very Cool!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2007, 02:28:00 PM »
Good for you Cade!!  :thumbsup:    I think you should be all set Curt, have at it my friend....

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2007, 02:30:00 PM »
Great job Cade!!!
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline korn stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2007, 02:45:00 PM »
Looks like Cade is a true lefty.... Nice shooting buddy!

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.... I enjoy seeing the kids shooting at a young age.... Curt you're getting him started right!
Doug

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2007, 03:10:00 PM »
Good shootin Cade. There you go Curt a chip of the old riser so to speak.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2007, 04:19:00 PM »
Curt,

Hunter, (who shoots left handed too), just saw the pics of Cade shooting left handed, he says, "Dad that's cool, do we have any other left handed bows we can send him?"

Pretty neat to hear from a 10 year old......

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2007, 07:04:00 PM »
Doug, He might be a "true lefty"...He bats left handed...since the time he was old enough to swing things,he always did it lefty...but he eats and writes right handed.....

In reality he's just like me now.....my dad made me left handed when I was young playing baseball.....but I eat and write right handed. But I've always shot lefty,never thought about the "dominant eye thing" till I started reading about and shooting a recurve...it was then I learned I was lucky,I was left eye dominant.....

but he still throws righty.......

..didn't get a chance to mess with his bow today...but I told him I'd have it ready for him this coming weekend.....

David, I can't wait to meet Hunter at Muzzy    :thumbsup:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2007, 07:35:00 PM »
Hi Curt

I do everything left handed except play ball & golf then I'm a righty. Us leftys just seem to be wired a little differant. Then again a lot of it, is how and who taught us. If he has a BB gun and is shooting right handed, try and switch him over to LH. He will do much better there also if he becomes a shotgunner. Glad to see he is feeling better!

Brent

Offline korn stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »
Curt, when I was young, about 10 years old I started shooting my Dad's right handed Bear recurve bow..... There were 4 of us kids and if you wanted to shoot you shot the only bow in the house.....right handed. I also learned how to play baseball right handed, we only had one mitt too!

I started hunting with a bow at 14, shooting right handed..... and I killed a bunch of stuff over the next 34 years that way.... even though I later learned that I was left eye dominant...I didn't want to change as it was working OK for me.  

I shot my bows right handed until 3 years ago, when I got tennis elbow so bad in my left elbow that I decided I had to switch to shooting left handed or give up shooting a bow.....

So at the age of 48 I switched to lefty..... I have two grown boys(19 & 24)and one is a true lefty.  When he was young I made it a point to make sure he had the equipment and the opportunity to do things left handed... So, I barrowed my sons left handed longbow and gave it a try....

I still can not believe how easy it was for me to switch and I am shooting better now than I ever could right handed.... Ohhhhhh, the shots I wish I could have back.... I only wish I had done it sooner, like at 15 years old.

It's critical that kids and every new archer get off to a great start with the right instruction and equipment.

I can see that Cade's going to do just fine.........
Doug

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2007, 05:29:00 AM »
Curt,
Those are some great pics and good shooting. It's great to spend a day out with the kids, looks like you guy's had a great time. Joe and i went out on sat and had a ball our selves, kids will never forget the time we spend with them, the payback is tenfold.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2007, 09:25:00 AM »
Glad to see that boy shootin! Glad he is doing better! Hope to see him in Texas sometime in the near future. I've got some pigs and rabbits for him. CK

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2007, 12:43:00 PM »
Doug, I think about "about the shots I wish I could have back",and I've always shot left handed!!
Cade's going to be way better off in the long run.

Curtis, Thanx bud....I hope so too!!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©