3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Michigan Deer Camp - update  (Read 3053 times)

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Michigan Deer Camp - update
« on: April 12, 2007, 01:36:00 PM »
Just an FYI for all you Gangers planning on attending the first annual Michigan Trad Gang Deer Camp October 12th - 14th in the Atlanta State game area.

Arwin and I (and anybody else interested) are headed up to scout out the area next weekend (September 1 & 2)for bow camp.  Then on Monday the 3rd we will post more details and maybe some pictures of the area.  

So stay tuned!
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Michigan Deer Camp - update
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 01:41:00 PM »
Jeff I would love to put me on your list to contact. Just in case this gets lost! Is it time yet!!?? I've got a couple other buddys I'm sure will want to come to!

:campfire:  

Brent

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 01:41:00 PM »
I'm all for it brother!!!! It's never too early to plan a hunt,LOL! I'd be up for the second weekend in October, my personal stands start getting good around the third week and I'll be hitting those up then. Let me know what I can do to help. Where are ya thinking for an area?
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 01:45:00 PM »
Keep in touch I am interested.  I will have to play it by ear.  My wife and I are expecting our first child in mid September but if everybody is adjusting well I might be able to sneak away for a weekend.

Tim
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline CMR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 01:51:00 PM »
I would be interested too!!

Dansville isn't to far to where I hunt during bow season anyhow......

Offline 2-BIG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 01:59:00 PM »
Jeff, where are you planning on doing this? I always thought it would be fun to do some pushes like the Wensels did in Bowhunting October Whitetails. I'll definitely try and plan on it!
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 02:08:00 PM »
I left Michigan in my rear view mirror in 1985- do you need permits to camp on state land now?
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 02:56:00 PM »
Hey Guys this is sounding great!

Jim - I had 3 spots in mind, Dansvelle, Flat River or Big Rapids State game areas.  I have never deer hunted Dansville for deer but when I was down there for the bunny hunt I seen deer and deer sign all over.  Flat River is right next to me in Greenville and I know there are deer all over that area.  Big Rapids I have only hunted a couple times but a friend of mine hunts it a lot and says good things about it, plus there are a couple great fishing lakes near by. However I am very open to suggestions?

Brian - Yes you have to have special camp permits to camp on State Game areas, however they are easy to get plus they do allow you to take one deer for camp food which is kinda of cool.

Here is a picture of our last State Game camp!

Offline CMR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 02:59:00 PM »
Dansville and Waterloo areas are great spots for deer hunting, especially during bow season.

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 03:21:00 PM »
I vote flat river,,,,    :cool:  just cause I know it like the back of my hand    :readit:
TGMM

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 03:49:00 PM »
Hey Jason I was wondering what took you so long to sign up  :biglaugh:

Offline Steve P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 04:58:00 PM »

Offline Hawken1911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 05:10:00 PM »
Hi Jeff,

I already have hunting plans for October 5-7, but if your deer camp ends up being on one of the other weekends I would be very interested  :thumbsup:  .

I attended one of the Trad Gang-organized Michigan bunny hunts last year, and was sorry I couldn't make it this year.  Those kinds of get-togethers are always a good time with great people.

Paul

P.S. - Can I dress funny (medieval  ;)  ).
ST. HUBERT'S RANGERS, Brotherhood of the Medieval Hunt.
MICHIGAN LONGBOW ASSOCIATION
Scott Spears Osage English longbow,50#@28"

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 06:52:00 PM »
Hey guys.. I hosted the dansville rabbit trek... I felt bad we really only got to see the very outer edge of the state game area. The dansville state game area is very large and loaded with deer.. I'd love to hunt with you guys... But I would recommend camping off of one of the two tracks..not off the main road on the outer edge...I'm in no matter where we hunt!! Steve and son (jacob)
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 07:29:00 PM »
WORK!!!!   This is way to early to start having sleepless nights over a deer camp  :readit:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
TGMM

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 08:03:00 PM »
We could always do the Allegan State Game area as well.  There is 144,000 acres to roam around down here.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 08:33:00 PM »
Sounds like hoot.If I can fit it in my schedule i would be very interested.A good chance for some comraderie and I would like to see some new parts of MI.It gets pretty crowded on the state land where I hunt and the deer are pretty thinned out.A few slickheads and deformed spikes are the norm and their gettin pretty tuff LOL!

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 08:51:00 PM »
I have done alot of scouting and could easily put people on deer around Yankee Springs, Rouge River State Game Area, Middleville S.G.A, Ft.Custer S.G.A., Ionia S.G.A, Allegan S.G.A., and I went up to Atlanta near Gaylord a few years back and found a bunch of deer up there along with the elk. Thats a great place to go for camping. You hear the elk bugle in the morning and evenings, coyotes in the middle of the night plus all the other animals that live there like bears, bobcats. Great fishing and small game hunting too for the afternoon. We camped next to the Twin Tomahawk Lakes on state land and I beleive it was free. We had to check in at the ranger station to let them know where we were at in case of an emergency.
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 08:53:00 PM »
Atlanta near Gaylord ,,,, That sounds pretty darn interesting
TGMM

Offline StickBowManMI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 08:57:00 PM »
I am also interested in this hunt and I might be able to bring a few more traditional bowhunters.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©