3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting the mid-day for the biggest bucks?  (Read 448 times)

Offline hunterace

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunting the mid-day for the biggest bucks?
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2009, 01:00:00 AM »
best time to hunt is.... the whole day if you can. i've seen big bucks at all times of the day. that being said, when pre-rut and the rut are going on, mid day activity increases. deer eat 4-5 times a day, twice during the night, at dawn and dusk, and once mid-day. alot of their feeding patterns change when rutting activity starts. when it's not the rut, even if deer are more nocturnal they still feed at least once during the day, and the dawn and dusk feeding times move an hour or so earlier and later, so it's hard to see them or get a shot at them. so all this being said, mid-day hunting can always be good. best bet though is to do what i started this post with..... hunt all day
most of the time i don't because i like to come in and eat, shower, take a nap, play with the dog or whatever. but when the ruts starting i'm out there alot more often and longer hunts  :)
A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the rights of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
Genesis 21:20 And God was with the boy as he grew up in the wilderness. He became a skillful archer

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©