3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: You All Are an Inspiration... So I Took the Plunge Today  (Read 980 times)

Offline mrpenguin

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: You All Are an Inspiration... So I Took the Plunge Today
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2009, 03:57:00 PM »
Doc Nock,

You got it... it is more about the heart.  I just find a primitive strain, a peace with wood in my hand instead of metal.  I like shooting compound and would maybe do competitions with it, but not till my son is a bit older and we can share that together... but next season, I'll be hunting bow season traditional.
God Bless,
Erik
_ _ _ _  _  
Crow Creek Black Feather Recurve 49@28
Browning Wasp 50@28

"And we know for those who love God all things work together for good"-Romans 8:28

"It's so hard to stop being a man and start being a wolf" - G. Fred Asbell

Offline Quill Flinger

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2009, 07:40:00 PM »
Welcome home!

I dropped my training wheels in the late 70's, or early 80's,...oh oh,..memory's going?

It's been an amazing journey! I've learned amazing things, about the true nature of bows, arrows, animals, nature, hunting, fishing, myself, & so on.

Yet each time I pick up quill & bow, it is like a fresh brand new experience, with so much more yet to learn. It sometimes feels like coming home to a brand new place of great adventures yet to come.

How would you explain the "excitment" of going to find the feeling of "peace" in the woods or afield? Hard to explain, but easily felt. Like spectacularly humble. I sometimes feel selfish of how great I feel with bow in hand.

Mayhaps it is just the love of the hunt.

How wonderful for you to begin such a journey. Your family here is truly excited for you!

All the best! - Quill
<~ TGMM Family of the Bow ~<<<

Offline customcrester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2009, 08:39:00 PM »
Welcome to the journey and you will meet the best people here.Be ready to have fun!
"As long as the arrows still in the air there's hope"

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2009, 10:57:00 PM »
I'm still tryin' to sell my compound.  If I don't get rid of it soon, it'll be out of date!  I know my Widows aren't goin anywhere.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©