3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tred Barta Show last Night  (Read 735 times)

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Tred Barta Show last Night
« on: December 19, 2009, 02:16:00 PM »
Did anyone see that show last night on Versus? I'm  glad to see he is home . It looks like he still has a tough journey ahead of him.I did'nt always agree with some his practices but I hope he comes thru this and wish him the best...>>>--->     :pray:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline E. Texas HillBilly

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tred Barta Show last Night
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 02:18:00 PM »
What happened to him?? I have been out of touch lately. I wish him the best though. He is still trad despite the controversy that seems to surround him. Later.
                         -Hillbilly
The quiet, still watcher sees the most. -Paps

Offline Mr.Chuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 02:24:00 PM »
I did.  Very unfortunate!   But it seems nothing is going to get the best of old Tred.  He's going to keep going no matter what.  He is a courageous individual and very optomistic.  We can learn from his mis-fortune, by taking a negetive and turning it into a positive, and hope we can walk away has high spirited as he seems to be. I wish him the best!  mr.c  :notworthy:

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 02:44:00 PM »
Mr.c
I dont know anything happen to him.I wish him the best.Someone fill in those of us who dont know.

Offline Zbearclaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 02:47:00 PM »
Spinal stroke.  Missed that episode, but wish him the best
Give me a bow a topo and two weeks, and I guarantee I kill two weeks!

Offline leewillis92

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 03:02:00 PM »
He suffered a spinal stroke in late spring/early summer.  I believe that his type of stroke was extremely rare and left him paralized from the waist down.  I didn't get to see the show, but I heard he was shooting his bow and casting a line just days after the stroke.  I know some of you don't like his style, and I don't like some things he does either, but he does represent a lot of the things that we stand for so I wish him the best in his recovery.
Hunt Hard. Stay Safe. God Bless.

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 03:02:00 PM »
It was pretty sobering.  I'm glad he has fight left in him.  Life can be a heckuva journey.  God bless'm and I hope he keeps the fight in his eyes.
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 03:03:00 PM »
Tred had a spinal stroke, He is wheelchair bound with no use of his legs. His spirits seem to be up but it has to be a very difficult time for him.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2009, 03:29:00 PM »
Google the on-line interviews with another bow and arrow site.  It was more than a stroke- it seems he had a rare cancer that caused it all.  He is now paralyzed from the waist/chest down I believe.

Dan in KS
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2009, 04:02:00 PM »
You know that Tred will find a way to get within bowshot, wheelchair and all. God Bless him, he has the courage to get there.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline SuperSlamChaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2009, 04:07:00 PM »
Yeah they're saying it is a very treatable form of cancer called Waldenstrom Macroglobulinemia. The doctors also think the paralysis can be reversed to around 60 percent of what it is now. I know Tred will pull through!
Schafer Silvertip 90#@28"

Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons--your quiver and bow--and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2009, 04:14:00 PM »
As has been said, God Bless him...

A tough situation..

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2009, 05:16:00 PM »
I saw it. I have to say that the man has courage and grit. I know that we al;l are pulling for him and wish him the best.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2009, 05:25:00 PM »
That show is a must-see.  Vs. will undoubtedly rerun it.  Don't care what people think about him - he's a good guy.

Offline fountain

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2009, 05:55:00 PM »
i saw it.  many people bash him and his show, but i like both.

it is very touching to see/hear that he is not gonna quit eventhough he basically has 1/3of his body to work with.
he is the start of the reason i got into trad. 2 years ago to date.

Offline fountain

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 05:57:00 PM »
i also watched the interviews.  he stated that he is coming to ga to do a hog hunt.  well the dvr just happened to catch the show he did in ga hog hunting.  i am going to call the guy and see if he will tell me when he is coming so that my dad and i can meet him.  i would love to off any help i can possibly offer to help him on an hunt.  i am sure he will not give me any info, but i am going to try cause it is that important to me.

Offline cohutta orange

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 06:06:00 PM »
He was getting ready for a trip to Alaska. He didnt feel right so he went on a little hike on his prop. While he was doing that the stroke happened. This is the story I heard a while back. I know it happened in August there was a story on outdoorlife.com about it. They know a lot more than I do about it. Didnt see the show but love his shows.
Shoot straight and keep the heads keen

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 08:08:00 PM »
My heart goes out to him for being so strong. I like the guy and he's show. He's the real deal. God bless him and his family. Looking forward to see him hunt again. I'm glad they put that on the air. Very humbling..Each day is a gift. Just like the animals we hunt. Tred if you get to read this post. Keep going I love what you do..

Offline Jim Harris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 09:12:00 PM »
I saw the show on versus last night too. I didn't know about his stroke until last night. I admire him more than ever for his courage and determination to get through this. What a great guy!!

I have always liked his programs on versus. They are very good and interesting with a few good laughs. He truley does things his own way.

Tred, you hang in there. You have what it takes. We're all pulling for you.  Jim.

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2009, 09:22:00 PM »
I hated his shows at first, but those were fishing...his hunting shows are great and now I really like him. I still am not a fishing show fan of his, but hunting for sure. "Spot and spook" is a funny nick-name.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©