3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Deer season is over, now what?  (Read 711 times)

Offline doowop

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Deer season is over, now what?
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2009, 07:49:00 PM »
Hogs in Texas!!!

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2009, 08:47:00 PM »
Its time to pay attention to the needs of your spouse!
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Dave Bowers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2009, 08:53:00 PM »
Gonna give yokes and fox a whirl. And chase some late season deer.

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2009, 09:21:00 PM »
Coyotes are possible, bunnies not so much. Squirrels definitely, ducks and geese are not. Turkey in the spring. Thinking about a western state wild boar, they're in until the end of Feb. By then spring should be just around the corner, and I hope a good turkey hunt! Thanks guys. I do some stumping and scouting, those are givens, just wondered what everybody had planned. Enjoy, and have a Merry Christmas and a super New Year!
Noli rogare pro onia pauciora, rogate pro scapulas latiores.

I go afield with bent wood, stick and string in search of serenity  through my primal quest.

Venatôr

Offline charles suttles

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2009, 09:26:00 PM »
Start working on taxes  :banghead:  Hunt rabbits in Jan.& Feb. off to Texas for Javalina and more rabbits in March.

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2009, 10:34:00 PM »
Since I haven't killed a deer yet this year I'll take out my muzzleloader for our flintlock season starting the day after Christmas. (I have to admit I like the smole-pole almost as much as my bow).  If I get one, I'll take the longbow back out (have two unfilled tags).

Build another bow.  Build one for my daughter. Start tying some flies for next fishing season.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline LONGBOWSFOX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2009, 10:33:00 AM »
:bigsmyl:  I SPEND 12 WEEKS SHOOTING 60 SHOOTS EVERY MONDAY NIGHT INDOOR LEAGUE AND SATURDAYS HELP OUT WITH KID SHOOTS .. MAKE FRIENDS AND KEEP THE TRADITIONAL SHOOTING ARM IN SHAPE. MICHIGAN .
LONGBOWSFOX

Offline Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2009, 11:32:00 AM »
Well deer season is over on the 31st so hopefully I will still score for the season. Then on Jan 10th I head to Fl with a few buddies for our annual hog hunt. When we get back our archery club outdoor 3D snowflake league starts up where we brave the weather but have a game menu lunch each week. I'm making venison chilli again thisyear for the 2nd shoot. When that is over in early March I'm all set to do some scouting and stump shooting waiting for the whittingham NJ shoot and turkey season.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2009, 01:15:00 PM »
Deer season never closes,, For about 3 months I can actually shoot them, but the hunt goes on 365 days a year.
Great time to walk your area and read the trails that are not as evident without the snow. Soon it will be shed season.
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2009, 01:30:00 PM »
Now is the time to make all the things you dreamed up while on stand this year. I need a new quiver, arm guard, bow case, new arrows, bow strings, and on and on. A lot of stump busting, rabbit chasing and time on tradging.
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2009, 01:39:00 PM »
Rabbits,stumps,yotes,duck,geese,sheds,ATMs,and any science experiments with bows or equipment.
Oh yea, lots of honey-do's!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©