3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Byron Fergason's bows?  (Read 257 times)

Offline Freebooter

• Trad Bowhunter
Byron Fergason's bows?
« on: December 20, 2009, 05:49:00 AM »
Hell all,
I was just wondering if anyone had one of Byron Fergason's bows and what you think of Fergason bows. Just curious.
FB
Of Heroes' music none is sweeter than bowstring's twang and hiss of arrow!-
From poem by DE

Offline michaelschwister

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Byron Fergason's bows?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 07:59:00 AM »
I have 4 bows (3 patriots and one Royal Safari) made by Byron and one made by Bear archery. Two of them were Byron's personal bows(wanda sold me one and I got the other off the internet), one Byron made for me personally, and  got that last one from a friend.  IMHO they are the most accurate killing bows ever made. Fastest-No, Prettiest, no, put a heavy hunting arrow where I look YES!! The ones made by Bear archery are not anywhere near the same, Don't waste  your money.  Byron quit making bows several years ago, but his son Zach makes the same bows under his supervision.  I have not shot one of Zachs.

Mike
"The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect" - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Freebooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 03:38:00 PM »
Thanks! Byron and them live a couple of hours from me but he has personally answered my emails a couple of times and I appreciated it. I read his book, "Become the Arrow". Much of it I already knew but it was interesting and learned some things also.
FB
From poem by DE

Offline Freebooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 03:40:00 PM »
Hey Michaelschwister,
You mentioned whether or not it was the fastest bow, etc.. I wonder who does make the fastest arrow slinging longbow? Seem like the faster and less arc a bow shoots an arrow then the more accurate it would be. Mine I think goes around 165fps. I will have to take it to get re tested again because I can't remember if that is an accurate speed for it or not.
FB
From poem by DE

Offline Mark 507

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 04:27:00 PM »
I have 2 Ferguson Z bows, a Z58 and a Z64. The Z64 is a D shaped mild r/d bow and is is fast and forgiving. The Z58 has much more r/d (it almost looks like a recurve when it is unstrung) and is a very fast bow. Both bows shoot great and I would highly recomend Z bows to anyone. I have also found the Fergusons to be very down-to-earth, friendly people to deal with. My family and I go to a sports show every year to watch Byron shoot and when we see them it is like a family reunion.

Offline Freebooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 05:05:00 PM »
Where does he go? As far as I can tell he never comes to these parts, always out of town or state somewhere. I would love to watch his demo and talk to him.
Later,
FB
From poem by DE

Offline shakeyslim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 05:11:00 PM »
just seen the guy a few times on the tube . gotta say wow what a trick shot ! that didn't come easy
a hippie taught me to hunt
i left 1971 way back in 1971

Offline Freebooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 05:44:00 PM »
Yep I hve watched him on the tube too. Awesome. He is about like Howard Hill. Awesome!
FB
From poem by DE

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 05:59:00 PM »
I saw him in L'ville, KY many years ago and I see him on "Impossible Shots" on TV. He is amazing. I have his book also, which he autographed in person at the L'ville show. He is just as much a bowhunter as he is a trick shot artist. About half of his book is about just that, hunting. He explains his shooting method in great detail also, in his book. I applied, what he wrote, to my shooting and, after a relatively short time, my shooting improved dramatically. Never shot any of his bows though. But I'd bet they're very well made, if they're designed and overseen by him.
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline pcappy08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 08:19:00 PM »
i used to have one of the patriot long bows that he made sold it when i bought my first recurve...while i am with out a doubt a recurve guy i still do regret selling that long bow...sweet shooter, dont know much about the ones made by bear now
Great Northern Super Ghost
56" 60lbs @ 29"
Morrison Cheyenne
62lbs @ 29"

Offline SL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 09:08:00 PM »
I always wanted to try his longbows and never got the chance.I did see him shoot a couple of times at some shows and talk about rock solid form. He didnt move when the arrow left his bow. I was always impressed with that.
SL

Offline Clint B.

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2009, 09:11:00 PM »
If you can get to one of the events at the below address, Bryon Ferguson will be doing trick shooting demonstrations assisted by his wife Wanda. They'll probably also have a booth with Byron's book, videos & some of Zach's ZBow longbows for sale. They have in past years anyway.

http://www.deerinfo.com/

Offline Freebooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2009, 09:24:00 PM »
Yep, he always has shows and events away from home. I wish he would do one right here in Montgomery or somewhere in Alabama. But then again, perhaps he has. I work such a crazy schedule with horrid off days I don't keep up with the news or anything. I might even have missed one.
Later,
FB
From poem by DE

Offline Clint B.

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2009, 09:40:00 PM »
Probably within a few weeks, a more complete 2010 show schedule should be posted on his website   http://www.byronferguson.com

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©