3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How did your handle come about?  (Read 1713 times)

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
How did your handle come about?
« on: December 20, 2009, 07:28:00 AM »
I got the idea to post this here from another web site.(my bad) but I'm gonna start the ball rolling here just for grins and I hope it's not something that's been beat to death already.

My dear ole daddy(long since passed) used to say "Boy iffen you do(whatever) your name is gonna be mudd" and "Boy iffen you don't do(whatever) your name is gonna be mudd" But the most fearful was "Iffen I have to I'll stomp a muddhole in your arse and then I'm gonna walk it dry!"

I got to the point that when folks would ask me my name my reply would be "About half the time it's Mudd!"
That's my Story and I'm sticking to it...lol
What's yours?
God bless, Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How did your handle come about?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 07:47:00 AM »
Well Mudd I always wondered about your name and you just explained it. Often I see these names and wonder where they came from, mine is pretty simple first initial with last name. The handle I usually use was taken when I registered so I just went simple!

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 07:56:00 AM »
I love to flyfish and chase those hatches.  It sure is nice when you fool those wiley critters.
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 08:00:00 AM »
I spent a year with an all expenses paid vacation to Southeast Asia courtesy of Uncle Sam in 1967 and 1968. My unit callsign was 'centaur'.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 08:03:00 AM »
no place in the whole world i would rather be then God's country, The Great Adirondacks hence the name Adkmountainken.
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline blind one

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 08:05:00 AM »
I was the flagman at our local dirt track. I tossed a friend out for rough driving one night. The next time he saw me , he said "here comes the blind one". The name has stuck for about 15 years now   :D   ......Roy
"To die is nothing. One is here, One is no longer here. It is only at the end one must be able to say 'I was a man'"...

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 08:12:00 AM »
In the river of life what comes around goes around! Karma!  All is one!  "If you poison the river, you poison yourself". Sometimes what is old is new again.  I think you get the point!  I have come full circle with my archery usage according to Ron Leclair.  Plus I like the Oxy moron of a circle river.  It's virtually impossible although the Hudson River flows both ways!  I wanted to name my boat in a similar fashion but it was a bit long and didn't sound as good as I planned.

I have seen a lot of good Karma here even before I joined so hence my name!

Cyclic-Rivers
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 08:15:00 AM »
PS.  Mudd,

you could have given your father a new pair of waterproof boots for his b-day.  That way walking that puddle dry wouldn't be so bad.   :biglaugh:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 08:17:00 AM »
My bow hunting buddies thought I was nuts for trying to use osage trees for homemade bows to hunt with. Each time we'd hunt together, I'd ask them to keep an eye out for osage tree's for me. Once I did build a bow and harvested a deer with it, they started calling me osagetree everytime we'd go hunting.
They still hunt with compounds (nothing wrong with that) but, I am gaining ground as one has a osage bow I built and he did use it during early season this year. No luck with it this year. But when he does finally get one with it he'll be hooked in I am sure!
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 08:20:00 AM »
I have been asked this several times!

When I first moved to IL and started with a new internet provider my wife and I were trying to set up an e-mail account. My name is Dennis her name is Dee. We tried Dennisdee@, deedennis@, dendee@, deeden@ and every combination we could think off but everything was taken.

Finaly after several a frustating 15 minutes Dee said try your middle initial in front of it, adennisdee@ was taken, adeedennis@ was taken, but low and behold adeeden@ was available!

So I have just used the same thing for signing up on most of the boards I visit!
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Offline Owlgrowler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 08:22:00 AM »
Too long of a story to bore you guys with here.
Bragging may not bring happiness,
but no man having caught a large fish,goes home through the alley.

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2009, 08:30:00 AM »
There was a similar thread last year to which I gave this similar reply:

I'm not a dentist if that's what you're thinking.

When I was trying to decide on a screen name for this site, I was watching the news. They were showing a clip I had seen before of a particularly despicable and traitorous politician lying about our servicemen. He is a bit of a moron but I guess he thought it sounded bright to pronounce Genghis Khan (to whom he was comparing our troops) 'jen jis'.

I remember thinking the guy needed a smack in the mouth so I suppose that's how a pompously pronounced Genghis morphed into Gingivitis. Every time I see the name, it reminds me of the complete and utter contempt with which I view all politicians of his particular (yellow) stripe.

:D

Offline freefeet

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2009, 08:42:00 AM »
I'll let ya all guess!   :saywhat:
Shoes are a tax on walking...

...free your feet, your mind will follow!

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2009, 08:43:00 AM »
As the name implies, I like to whittle things. Ball in cage, chain link,  knife, pliers, and anything else from one piece of wood and make it move.

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2009, 08:44:00 AM »
Mine is purdy simple, it is my last name. The tricky part is, it's pronounced with a long O but everybody always call's me covey like "quail" and I got tried of saying CO..vey every time I tryed to tell people my last name so I just go with covey it's easier HA HA!! Jason COvey

Offline misfire

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 08:58:00 AM »
My BP ventures started when a friend of mine suggested it would be cool to get involved in the "Woodwalks" in our area (kinda like 3D shoots but with BP). Not having a lot of cash laying around I bought the cheapest gun I could find, a Hawkens rifle by Traditions.

Well this gun had a bad tendency to misfire a lot. He got a chuckle outta this and started saying things like "Hey Misfire it's your turn, etc., etc.

Sometime later I got a nice Penn. Long Rifle that shot patch and ball. The misfires stopped but the name stuck even though I started kicking his arse during the shoots.
Mark

"The shortest distance from the earth to your mouth is the best." ~Wendell Berry~

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 09:04:00 AM »
Well, we were at a get together at a friend's one night. Sitting around the pool. He had just drained it to fix a leak. Some frogs had taken up residence in it. A buddy of mine gets in the pool and starts throwing them out over the fence. We didn't know at the time, but when he sat back down he put one on the table where we were sitting, hoping it would croak and get us good. Well, the frog never did, and Matt said he forgot about it till I took a drink from my cup and the frog had climbed up on the rim and was eyeball to eyeball with me. I threw drink all over them, scared the crap outta me, thought it was a midget alien for a second. Hence, the name Froggy when the wives came out and the laughs died down... End of story !!    :jumper:
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline mrpenguin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2009, 09:06:00 AM »
My wife and I... when we met, we used to walk around like penguins when it was cold out... the penguin thing stuck and it became an email address... no its an animal we identify with.
God Bless,
Erik
_ _ _ _  _  
Crow Creek Black Feather Recurve 49@28
Browning Wasp 50@28

"And we know for those who love God all things work together for good"-Romans 8:28

"It's so hard to stop being a man and start being a wolf" - G. Fred Asbell

Offline barredfeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 09:09:00 AM »
I have always liked barred feathers.......can't see 'em very well when shooting, but kind of old school I guess.  I make a few quivers and always put a small barred feather on each one.

Offline myshootinstinks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2009, 09:31:00 AM »
The handle is, well, self descriptive...  :readit:    :bigsmyl:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©