3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bowfishing in Tallapoosa River (Alabama)  (Read 191 times)

Offline Freebooter

• Trad Bowhunter
Bowfishing in Tallapoosa River (Alabama)
« on: December 20, 2009, 03:10:00 PM »
Hey y'all,
Here is something for anyone from Alabama: Last summer my wife and I took my son and his buddy to fish down at the boat ramp at Ft. Toulouse State Park. They were fishing along the bank along that little slew where there is like a long finger of land between them and the river. Sometimes it is submerged in high water times.

Anyway, while they were fishing my wife and I were out on my 16' John boat. As I came back down the river close to the bank of that little bar, covered with tall weeds and plants, I cut my engine and difted along with the current. Where i was, near that bank, the water was but maybe to feet deep and clear. I looked down and lo and behold there were several big fat 2' long cat fish swimming leisurely by, staying in my shadow seems like. And where the little point of the bar is we all kept seeing Gar. One time something jumped up out of the water not far from us and scared the daylights out of me. It looked like a miniature dinasour or something, part fish and part sawfish or something with a long mouth with rows of teeth. It was huge! Just its head and long snout must have been three feet long!

So in the not so distant future I am going to outfit myself with some bowfishing stuff and hit that area! Of course I got to refamiliarize myself with what I can and can not bowfish.

We also saw an aligator there too. Just sitting in the shallows straight across from the ramp seemingly watching us! I am scared to death of aligators. I have seen several documentaries about how they can attack you, drag you in the water, et.c.. Once while working in Orlando Fla it was on the news how a man and his ten yr oldl son were fishing in a jom boat in the Wikiva R and a 11 foot aligator just came straight up out of the water and grabbed the kid's head, who was leaning over looking at the water, and snatched him out of the boat and took him under and drownded him. I have been scared of them ever since then!
Later,
FB
Of Heroes' music none is sweeter than bowstring's twang and hiss of arrow!-
From poem by DE

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©