3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: All you black widow people.  (Read 1921 times)

Offline LimbLover

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: All you black widow people.
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2009, 07:55:00 PM »
I don't think anyone who owns a Black Widow is going to tell you that they aren't worth the money or they wouldn't own one.

I've got 6 friends that shoot BW. All of them swear by them - its a Widow or its just another bow to them. They all shoot great and they rave about the kinetic energy. Beautiful bows.

Their great and all but I can't buy into it.
Nick Viau
President, Michigan Longbow Association
 www.michiganlongbow.org

Offline doowop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2009, 07:57:00 PM »
A lot of people complain about the price but, with that price, you get the best customer service around. Not that you need it, they are about bullet proof.

Offline Outwest

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2009, 08:09:00 PM »
I had a MA11 recurve and sold it . Just couldn't get used to it. Like the Brackenbury better.
With that said I have a PL longbow and will never sell it.

John

Offline GMASIUK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2009, 08:17:00 PM »
I currently own three and have another one order. They are very smooth and stable. Widow customer service is second to none!

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2009, 09:50:00 PM »
I had this PLX made for me and if I had to get rid of all my bows but one, this beauty will never leave my side! I am a long bow person and this is the best bow I've shot to date.

Good luck on your decision.   :thumbsup:

Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline fnshtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2009, 10:17:00 PM »
Recently bought a PSA III off the classifieds. Couldn't be happier with it. Within three weeks of receiving the bow, I took my first whitetail with it.

I'll be hunting with it during the next two weeks as I still have two tags left.

It's a 2005 model... and I just can't understand why I am the third owner. I'm happy and can't imagine ever selling it.

With that said... I've only shot a handful of custom bows, so can't do much comparison.

Good luck with your decision.
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Offline NumPls

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2009, 10:28:00 PM »
As you can see, there is a lot of personal preference and taste involved. On the other hand, you also see that a lot of folks have been very consistent in their praise for Black Widow bows - bullet-proof, superb-shooting bows with top-notch customer service.

Personally, there are a few modern bows that I have shot and that I could say are my "favorite" - I enjoy shooting any/all of them; three are made by Wes Wallace, Palmer, and Black Widow. I cannot consider any of them being a great choice!

So, my recommendation for you is to shoot several and choose what suits you.

Ray

Offline Richie Nell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2009, 11:22:00 PM »
I have a PSAX.  LOVE IT.  

Here's a customer service story for you.  I saw the Widow boys at the Howard Hill shoot in Alabama as I have the last three years.  I was chatting with Roger and mentioned to him about my Ironwood (bamboo) limbs that I had owned a full year.  I was curious about three little white lines in my limbs.  They were literally 1/8" in length.  I asked him what they were and should I keep an eye on it or what?  He said it was nothing important just cosmetic.

He then said what kind of limbs do you want?  any kind, pick one, even any exotic, tell me what you want and you will get a new set in 8 weeks. I tried to tell him no, no, that is not why I am asking you this.  There's nothing wrong with these limbs.  It is just a little white mark.  He then said..When the new ones arrive just send me the old ones.  

He gave me a stinkin brand new $700 set of limbs at my specs for free.  There was absolutely nothing wrong with the ones I had...I had just shot a 261 out of 300 at the tournament.  They were perfectly fine.

Exactly 8 weeks later my Kingwood limbs arrived.  Fine as wine.

Black Widow Bow Company will never have business trouble treating customers like that.

They know exactly who is in control of their company and their lives.  Their priorities are in order and they are blessed because of it.

As do other bow companies...Black Widow makes a fine weapon.
Richie Nell

Black Widow
PSA X Osage/Kingwood 71#@31

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2009, 12:40:00 AM »
I have a SA111 and a New to me PMA11 absolutely beautiful.I've got 20 recurves of all makes ,last year my SA was my go to bow for all the reasons everyone has stated.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline Jim Picarelli

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2009, 09:08:00 AM »
I had 8 Widows...sold them all and bought some Shafer Silvertips. Sold all my Shafers but one(gotta have at least 1 Shafer in the herd) and I'm starting to build up my Widow corral again. My go-to bow is a 58" PSRV t/d and my favorite longbow is my 64" PLV. I just haven't owned and shot anything that shoots as well for me as the Black Widows

67" Hill Tembo, 50@27
67" Hill Half Breed, 53@27
66" Hill Redman, 48@27
66" Hill Cheetah, 55@27
66" Hill Big Five, 50@27

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2009, 09:51:00 AM »
I just traded for a PSA II 56@28 this past October.  It's a good bow and I shoot it well.  I like the slimmer riser and it balances well.
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline kat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2009, 10:49:00 AM »
I currently own three widows. Two are take downs, and the other is a PTFV. I will soon own the new Compact Hunter.
Are they the best bow out there?  It is all subjective, but for me, they rank right up there at or near the top.  It is also hard to argue with their resale value.
Ken Thornhill

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2009, 10:55:00 AM »
I have two right now but have had many over the years. John, Roger and Toby are tops. No letdown from a customer service standpoint when they took over and the bows are better than ever.
My Juniper longbow should be here today  :-)

If they weren't on the top of the heap, why does everyone use them for comaprison?
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2009, 11:06:00 AM »
Biggie,I love Juniper,if you post some pics of the coming bow I send you some good Parmigiano-Reggiano DOC.Felix
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline LimbLover

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2009, 11:17:00 AM »
I will give the folks at BW props on another point - their marketing.

As a marketing professional I am very impressed by their branding and their campaign. I have their ads pinned to my cubicle wall and I don't even OWN one of their bows. I always flip back to the back cover of Traditional Bowhunter to see what the new ad will be.

I consider them to be the Harley Davidson of traditional archery. They have the marketing, the brand, and the following.
Nick Viau
President, Michigan Longbow Association
 www.michiganlongbow.org

Offline Mike Manassa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2009, 11:39:00 AM »
I've had several...Right now I have a PSRX 58" 48#@28"..I really like the bow..It is a very good ground blind bow..Mike

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2009, 11:39:00 AM »
Biggie, I'd really like to see that juniper one.  Hope you post some pictures of that bad boy when you get it!
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2009, 11:46:00 AM »
cacciatore, it's a deal, I'm a cheese FREAK.

Varmint101, what will YOU send me  :-)
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline the elf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2009, 12:01:00 PM »
At the present time I have 1ma---3pma--1ptf--- all lefthanded and if I sell some other stuff-I am thinking of maybe a new compact hunter sometime in the future. Love my WIDOWS.

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2009, 12:07:00 PM »

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©