3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: All you black widow people.  (Read 1917 times)

Offline Irish

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: All you black widow people.
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2009, 09:08:00 PM »
A couple years ago I messed up my left arm (old fat people should not ski fast).  I ran into the Widow boys at the Missouri Bowhunters, and mentioned that I had a hog hunt scheduled with Ray Hammond, but did not know if I could go because of the bad wing.  They asked what weight I could draw, and I was able to pull about 42 lbs on one of their test bows.  They loaned me a set of limbs so I could make the trip.  FOR FREE!!!!   Not a better bunch of guys in traditional archery - right up there with Bob Morrison.   My personal hunting bow is a Widow PTFX, for me the best hunting bow....and I have shot most of the bows out there.
Mel Riley

Offline Hogdgz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2009, 01:13:00 PM »
I love my Widow and I have many bows, but the Widow is my go to bow. They are worth every bit of the money.

Offline jerry womble

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2009, 01:26:00 PM »
I bought my first one in 1964 and have not been without at least one ever since! The customer service is second to none and you will never meet a finer bunch of people in your life. You won't be sorry!!!

Offline L82HUNT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2009, 05:27:00 PM »
I have a PSA that I have had two nocks break on release, a string cut by broadhead, and this weekend dropped my bow from the stand 20 ft up.  It landed directly on the lower limb, coming unstrung.  So in theory it has had 4 dryfires.  It shoots and looks like the day I got it.  They are in a class all their own.

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2009, 07:33:00 PM »
Myself and 2 of my hunting buddies stopped by Nixa yesterday to check out their operation and take the tour.

I have owned several of BW's and they are some of the best made and hardest hitting bows around.  For 2010, they are introducing a new short risered bow that I shot yesterday that is quite sweet. I'll probably order me a lefty at 56"!

We were really treated with kit gloves and the entire operation was extremely impressive and gave me an even greater appreciation for the quality of their bows.  Their warranty is indicative of their reputation and as others have stated, are TOPS!
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2009, 07:38:00 PM »
Originally posted by Biggie Hoffman:
Varmint 101......nice offer!
Season starts April 21st Biggie!

John, that PGA is really sweet!  I like the arrow combo you have with it to. Very sharp rig.
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Morning Star

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2009, 07:55:00 PM »
Been shooting them for 13 years, they are quality in every aspect.
Iowa Bowhunters Association - Your voice in Iowa's bowhunting and deer hunting issues!

Offline Bahrzoo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2009, 08:12:00 PM »
I have owned dozen Black Widows over the last 18 years. I keep getting ride of them for something some other kind of bow and before you know it I have another Widow in my hand.

Offline Glenn Hickey Jr.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2009, 08:48:00 PM »
I have a PSAV (Asbell) and PLV and love them both.  The PSAV is my go-to bow and honestly have never considered trading either. Yes there are more handsom bows but the solid form and function of my widows are all I want and need.
Father, Glorify Thyself..
at my expense...
and send me the bill.

Offline T. Downing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2009, 08:57:00 PM »
From all the other fine posts, I doubt that my two cents will mean anything...That said, I own two Black Widows, both longbows, a PL III and a Kingwood PLX. I love both of these bows but the PLX is simply the finest bow I have ever owned. Smooth and quiet... Definitely worth every cent. T
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.
Psalm 127 4-5

Offline D.T.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2009, 09:57:00 PM »
For my money......yeah they are the best!

Offline bowhunterfrompast

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2009, 10:03:00 PM »
Smitty...I suggest going to Black Widow website and check out their test drive offer. You can shoot the bow you are interested in before you buy it.
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Offline yamaharider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2009, 12:28:00 AM »
I have owned three, have a 58" PSAlll which shoots sweet as they all have.  My first was a MAlll and took my first Trad Bull Elk with it. 12 yds complete pass thru, 45# at my draw!
PSAV

"The older I get, the better I was"

Offline gilf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2009, 04:04:00 AM »
I have owned 3, an SAG, LOA and a PTF II. They really are something special. The workmanship on all three were top class and I loved every one of them. I eventually sold the SAG as it was too short for my draw length and I also sold the LOA as I needed to fund the purchase of another bow. However I still have the PTF II.

I have shot a few but never owned the 3PC bows, I'm not a fan of the larger riser, just too much weight for me.

Are they worth the extra, for me they, but thats really build quality and style, I'm not sure they shoot much better than other bows around.

Offline RUSTY1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2010, 08:44:00 PM »
I really want a PCH X. Thinking of selling my Morrison Shawnee to get one!!!!!!
R.J. Fens Jr.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline RUSTY1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2010, 08:46:00 PM »
R.J. Fens Jr.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Glenn Hickey Jr.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2010, 08:55:00 PM »
I have two now, PSAV and a PLV and love them both. In the process of selling off all the other stock and order a PURDY PTFX, then a PCHV for blind hunting.  I have found what I'm looking for, quality craftsmanship, very well built and durable and the Asbell grip fits my hand like it is custom made for me and the craftsmen are more than helpful when help is needed.
But like most people will say, thats me and what melts my butter may not melt yours
Father, Glorify Thyself..
at my expense...
and send me the bill.

Offline LCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2010, 09:31:00 PM »
I have shot several of the takedown recurves and they are well built. I really like the mass weight of them but I'm a longbow lover. I like my Hummingbird better.LCH

Offline razorsharptokill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2010, 09:34:00 PM »
I recieved a used MAII and I'm in love! It is all up to the individual to decide what a bow is worth. For some absolutely worth it some absolutely not.

I think it is entirely likely that this bow will be shooting 50 years from now.
Jim Richards
Veteran

USMC 84-88
Oklahoma Army National Guard 88-89
USMCR 89-96 Desert Storm
Oklahoma Air National Guard 2002- present. Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005(Qatar) and 2007(Iraq),
Operation New Dawn Iraq 2011,
Operation Enduring Freedom 2018 Afghanistan.
NRA Life Member.

Offline marshall brown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2010, 08:16:00 AM »
I always promised myself that one day I would get a widow and two years ago I made it happen. Once I shot it there was no comparison to all other bows that I own or have shot. I still love shooting all of my other bows, but my PSAX is the most sweetest shooter. It's not the fastest, but definately the smoothest. As others have said, opinions will differ. Take one for a test drive and then decide for yourself.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©