3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: It is time.  (Read 306 times)

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
It is time.
« on: December 22, 2009, 04:26:00 PM »
With deer season closing today, in a few minutes actually, I find myself staring out the window. Thomas the train is on the tv, the boy has a home made Christmas cookie and nibbles while he watches. I love watching the child enjoy his snack, and his show. I cant help but imagine what the next few years will bring as he begins to tag along with me into nature.
Deer, turkey, bears and pheasants are already easy for his two year old brain to identify.

Now I have to show him rabbits. Little does he know his old man is obsessed with chasing bunnies with a bow. It all started because of Shawn and Damon. Every year at this time I find myself digging for blunts, old arrows, even a few "wingnutters".

The crunch of snow underfoot. The crisp crack of cold brush snapping from an orange wall advancing. "BUNNY!" is yelled excitedly. Numerous twangs and clanks of bows launching arrows. Every now and then, "Got one!"

Yes, it is time. I must wander the woods, and find some high speed targets. I must hone my skills, so as not to let the other hunters down.

For now, I will tell the boy of the times I spend, alone, in the woods. Until he can walk beside me, it will have to suffice. I look forward to those days, sharing what I know with him. Sunsets, sunrises. Smiles, tears. A few more years, and it will be time. But now, its time to hunt rabbits. February draws near...
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: It is time.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 04:31:00 PM »
How cool is that? Way!!! Thanks for sharing.
God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline JoeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 04:35:00 PM »
Go gettum Jamie!!  Enjoy every moment, with your son and the woods.  Joe
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm."  Teddy Roosevelt

Offline Uncle Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 04:52:00 PM »
good luck, rabbits are my favorite game, challenging to shoot at, and outstanding in a crock pot. The sound of beagles hot on a rabbit is like a symphony to my ear!

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 05:06:00 PM »
I know how you feel,bud.Live it up!   :thumbsup:

Online Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 05:16:00 PM »
Jamie
That was a pleasure to read my friend.  My best of wishes as you embark on many a journey to come with your son.
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 05:48:00 PM »
Amen Jamie.I cant wait to race you for a bunny or 2.You have seen me hunt with my son Noah and I can tell you there is nothing in the world that gives you more inner piece and joy than hunting with your child and watching nature put a sparkle in his eye.Thank God for kids.Im happy for you that you have a healthy son and know what a treasure he is.May you share many long, happy trails with him.It just doesnt get any better.See you anyday now, Ill be chasing bunnies tomorrow, rabbits that is.  :thumbsup:

Offline FubarFred

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 05:54:00 PM »
Jaime, seasons not over 'til the end of Jan here in MD. Come on down and try a Sika deer or two.
Fred...
TGMM Family of the Bow
Traditional Bowhunters of MD
MD Bowhunters Society
Bowhunters of South Carolina
UDT/SEAL Association

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 07:55:00 PM »
Hey Jamie and Izzy let me know where and when. Still waiting to hear from Shawn.  :pray:    :pray:  I had more fun chasing bunnies with these boys can't wait do do it again. Big Ed
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 09:09:00 PM »
Big Ed, its a coming for sure.Shawn usually starts teasing us on 01/01 of each year.I dont have a zillion rabbits like Shawn but I have a few and you fellas would be welcome on my hunting properties any old time.Crazy how those little,brown rodents can make a man giggle and scream like a school girl.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 09:22:00 PM »
Im talking to the landowner when I see him next, just to make sure I can bring as many as want to come. I dont have as many bunnies as Shawn, but its close.

I will keep you all posted.

Somehow the schoolgirl thing made me think of"DONT SHOOT ME, DONT SHOOT ME!!"   :biglaugh:
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline LeeNY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 09:43:00 PM »
Jamie, Thanks for sharing. My grandson asked me the other day if we were going to the Bunny hunt. I didn't know what to say then. But, I do now "Yes"!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©