3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How did you come about finding Tradgang??  (Read 2708 times)

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How did you come about finding Tradgang??
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2009, 12:38:00 PM »
I'd never visited online sites before TR...LK where a friend had bows for sale. Immediately got sideways with KIA "experts" contrary to my limited 46 year bowhunting experience. Totally my bad! *I should have more sense. My friend is a mod there and apologized. Haven't been back. He suggested TG is more hunter friendly. True. Solid folks here always respectful of others. Thanks.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline extremebowfishing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2009, 01:13:00 PM »
A friend in the PBS turned me on to tradgang.  The people here are friendly and the knowledge base is unbeatable!  Thanks
Muzzy Prostaff
Ams Bowfishing Prostaff

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2009, 01:20:00 PM »
Before TradGang got started, there was a site called the Trading Blanket if I remeber right.  It was just a place to buy, sell and trade trad archery stuff.  There was a post on there that the site was being taken down and a new site was starting up.  It was TradGang and I register right away.  Although I did then and still do belong to other archery sites, TradGang was home from the very start and always will be.   I drift in an out of the other sites, but I am always here on TG, each day and can't begin to thank all the folks that have help me along my journey.  
  Thanks to all the moderators and especially Terry Green for giving me a place to hang my hat! And thanks to all the members for your kindness and willingness to share your knowledge!

Offline Russ H

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2009, 01:52:00 PM »
I was searching for something on the net and stumbled across this site. Been here ever since and learned a bunch. I actually thought I knew a little about trad archery before but I was mistaken. This site has broadened my knowledge and abilities.

Offline DngrsDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2009, 02:08:00 PM »
Got bitten by the bug after a long time off, wanted to go trad this time. Always was drawn to a longbow. Did a Google search and started visiting different sites, blogs, bowyers, etc., and going to links off THOSE sites, and wound up on the best site for trad.

Great people, great help, great info, great debates, great manners, great deals, great sponsors, just plain great!   :notworthy:
If something seems too good to be true it’s best to shoot it, just in case. … Fiona on “Burn Notice”

Offline La. bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2009, 02:14:00 PM »
I was searching for a bow for sale and when I put the name of the guy who made it in, one of the links was for here and after a little browsing I decided to join and am forever glad I did.
La. Bowhunter trad archery addict

Offline TRB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2009, 02:25:00 PM »
A friend of mine "five-oh" told me about it. But at the time I didn't own a computer, didn't see a need for one. Still don't like em all that much. But a few years ago I bought an old Gateway, real cheap. And here I am.

Offline Squint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2009, 02:38:00 PM »
TBM

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2009, 03:31:00 PM »
I was told about it by a guy at work who was dabbling a bit in trad archery around the same time I started shooting trad.

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2009, 03:56:00 PM »
Another member told me about it.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2009, 04:06:00 PM »
Probably on another site,not sure but since then it is been love at first sight.The best site on the net for traditionals
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Grey Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2009, 04:07:00 PM »
I used to participate in another forum, then it all happened at once: I got fed up with attitudes and favoratism there, noticed a bunch of regulars had left, and a friend told me about this new site. Been here ever since and have deleted the other site from my favories.

Guy
Tie two birds together; though they have four wings, they can not fly.
The Blind Master

Offline rugrat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2009, 04:10:00 PM »
I wanted to try hunting with traditional equipment and started researching on the net. I happened to come across this website one day and have been hooked ever since.

MD

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2009, 04:13:00 PM »
Years ago, My very Good Friend,fellow TradGanger,and Sponsor Joe Skipp was going to Shawn Leonards "Bunny Hunt".(like the 2nd one he had) I told him that it sounded like alot of fun,and asked about going. Joe told me that it was only open to TradGang Members. Well, I kind of forgot about it untill Joe got back and told me what a GREAT time he had!!!!!

Shortly after,I registered on TradGang and went to the "Bunny Hunt" the following year. WOW!!!!! To say it was AWESOME is a HUGE understatement!!!!! I got to meet Shawn & Cindy,Shawn's Dad,and Shawn's Mom Joan who was a ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL Lady!!!!!!!!!!  :notworthy:  They opened up thier home to a bunch of complete strangers(little did I know just how wrong that assumption would be)and they loved every minute of it!!!!! By the end of the hunt,we were all "family". This was the first hunt where Shawn asked everyone to bring something for the "Prize Table" (Shawn set up The "Arrow Munching Steel" and an "airial shoot" and if you broke a balloon,or hit one of the airial targets,you could pick a prize from the table) After seeing some of the "prizes" that people brought to donate,Shawn thought..... This is much too nice of a prize to give away just for breaking a balloon,Shawn's Mom came up with the idea to sell raffle tickets and donate the money to St.Jude's.(Shawn can probly give the correct amount,but I believe we raised a few hundred dollars that year) This is how the "JLMBH St.Judes Raffle" was born. Sadly,The following year,(I believe) Shawn's wonderful Mom passed away. Shawn renamed the hunt the "Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt" in her honor.

TradGang is more than just a "website"..... TradGang is a "Family"!!!!!

Like a real family, TradGang is an everyday part of my life.  :campfire:    :archer:    :archer:    :archer:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2009, 04:16:00 PM »
Internet search
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Online ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2009, 04:47:00 PM »
It was about 5 years ago I became interested in getting a recurve after shooting a compound for 2 hunting seasons.  I must have done a web search and found TradGang, because I didn't know anyone who used trad equipment.  Heck, I didn't even think there were many folks at all who enjoyed this stuff.  It took almost a year to sign up, as I was just lurking and trying to learn.  And I have learned a ton of stuff here ever since.  Also, I have purchased quite a few things such as wool and some arrow shafts and gear from here as well.  And sold a couple items to fund a new Black Widow.  But the information provided by everyone is the most valuable to me.  Thanks for letting me share!
Ron
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline ArkyBob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2009, 05:39:00 PM »
From my cousin (PowDuck) who reintroduced me to trad shooting a few years ago.  I shot a recurve several years ago, but it never stuck.  Then I shot his longbow and just new it was for me.  Never looked back.  Trad shooting and TradGang are here to stay for me.  

BOB
"There are some that can live without wild things, and some that cannot."  -  Aldo Leopold

Offline m'gobo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2009, 05:46:00 PM »
My pastor told me about the site. I have a couple of Foley bows and was wanting to sell them and buy a lighter weight recurve. He said this was a good palce to start.

Online HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2009, 05:52:00 PM »
It was suggested to me to come check out this great site.Been here ever since.
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Offline jerseyboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2009, 06:31:00 PM »
A friend at work started talking about it and it brought me back to my youth. Im forever hooked on trad. I went from one trad bow 4 months ago to nine at present its very addicting.
And in the end when i can no longer draw the bow or watch the arrow embark on its flight;when i posses only the spirit of the hunter, i will hunt.... if only in my dreams... because the hunt is born amidst my soul, and i... i am the hunter

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©