3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Zephyr Broadheads?  (Read 484 times)

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Zephyr Broadheads?
« on: April 13, 2007, 10:48:00 AM »
The Sasquatch looks like a spear head  :scared:   and very sharp.Was wondering who uses them and howd ya like em.They look like theyd just about cut a turkey in half.

Offline CMR

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Zephyr Broadheads?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 11:05:00 AM »
I haven't used them but a guy in our 3D leagues uses them. Says they're the sharpest out of the box BH's he's experienced with. He also states that they are really strong too.

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 11:43:00 AM »
I bought a half dozen last year but never used them in the woods.They were big but did not fly well without useing big feathers and were too fragile for me to hunt with.I broke the blades loose on 2 of them shooting in a foam block when another broadhead hit them.If you use hot melt the solder will come apart if it gets very hot at all.Probably would be ok but if something won't hold up in practice I will not hunt with it. jmo
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline Deer Slayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 11:59:00 AM »
Mark Horne turned me on to them on a hunt we were on together. He heartshot a hog with a Sasquatch and i'm not exaggerating when I say that there was only about an inch of heart tissue keeping it from being completely cut in half. So I had to try some out and haven't looked back since. In my experience they fly GREAT and are really sharp,really tough heads, and i have shot them into everything since then without one breaking. I use the screw-ins.

I do remember mark telling me that they had some problems with some of the earlier ones beacause of material issues or something, but that they had gotten all that squared away. I love'em.

Mark

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 01:01:00 PM »
Yep.....anyone can get a bad batch of anything.....I got a bad Michelen tire once.....but my wife and kids and I are still riding on em.  I've seen and experienced 'fragile' Bheads before, but I sure wouldn't classify Zephrys in that category.

Had a long chat with Mark about all the improvements he's made to the head to make them stronger, and he did mention something about some bad welds early one, but that isn't an issue now.

Yeah they are wide, but vented, so don't see any reason for them not to fly well, never had a problem with my Zwickey Delta's flying or planing, and they aren't vented.  Most planning issues have to do with  Bhead alignment and form issues.

That's about all I know about them....but I've got some in from Mark and I'm going to shoot them this weekend.  I'll let ya know how many I break in foam     :D
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Barney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 05:54:00 PM »
Never had a problem with any of the originals. Flew good and cut one heck of a hole. Only one I ever broke was on a spine shot doe and it wasn't the fault of the broadhead.   :thumbsup:

Offline Doug S

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 06:04:00 PM »
I have used them. I like them alot. Big holes, fly good. Can't really think of anything bad about them. I don't buy them now because I am to tight to pay that much.  :)
The hunt is the trophy!

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 06:38:00 PM »
Never used 'em, but ever time I look at that Sasquatch, all I can think is "turkey head"...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 04:56:00 AM »
I have used them for over 10 years now and never had a failure.  Everything I have ever shot with them was killed dead real fast from deer, black bear, hogs, to the African critters.     :bigsmyl:   Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 07:47:00 AM »
Well maybe mine were some old stock or something.I am not slamming them but giving an honest opionion of how I perceive them just like I do when something works well for me guys.I am glad they are working well for others.I had really hoped that I had found a good stainless head that was not so small that would work for me.That was not the case this time.
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©