3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: canada hunting  (Read 318 times)

Offline jerseyboy

• Trad Bowhunter
canada hunting
« on: December 23, 2009, 06:20:00 PM »
I was recently invited for 2010 to new brunswick canada to hunt with a friend. He owns 8 acres,a house and an apartment my son and i can stay in all for very minimal expenses. What experience do you all have with hunting canada? he is not a bow hunter but goes up every year for sept.,oct.,and november. He has unlimited hunting land,4 quads and knows the area.What are your thoughts? Are there any special things i need to consider in this area?
And in the end when i can no longer draw the bow or watch the arrow embark on its flight;when i posses only the spirit of the hunter, i will hunt.... if only in my dreams... because the hunt is born amidst my soul, and i... i am the hunter

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: canada hunting
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 07:09:00 PM »
ttt for some help from our Canadian Trad Gang Brothers!!!   :wavey:

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 07:16:00 PM »
Hope someone with local knowledge helps you.  

I've bowhunted western Canada and it is a bowhunting paradise!
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Online HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 07:19:00 PM »
Was out there for a visit a couple of years ago and seen all kinds of animals.Hopefully someone from out there spots this post soon.
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 07:22:00 PM »
Make sure you get the proper permits and have fun - you should be able to take something.

Can I come?

Jer Bear

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 08:16:00 PM »
Get ahold of Herb Haines...he lives in NB. From my experience bowhunting NB, there are more bears and moose than Deer. Don't expect to bowhunt deer like Jersey, NB has some boreal forests along with thick growth hardwoods. I'd say head up there and enjoy yourself. Bring some judos as the hares up there are BIG. Good luck........
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 08:46:00 PM »
I only have experience with hunting BC and Sask.Both those provinces require non residents to hunt big game with a licensed guide.I think NB is the same.You may want to check on that.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 08:53:00 PM »
I went up there on a bear hunt.Thickest woods I ever saw. Lots of bears but I didn't see any! Lots of sign. Moose are around but not alot of deer.The deer that I saw mounted at the place I stayed were slammers. Between 125-150 I would guess. I say go for it and find out all you can for future referance!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 10:24:00 PM »
I've lived in Canada all my life but in B.C and now Sask.The opportunities are Endless.The Country is so big and vast and the space is limitless.the main thing as in any area is to hone in on your area and don't get caught up trying to cover to much area.Check maps,talk to locals or even contact the game Dept,s as they can have a wealth of Knowledge. Take lots of ammo (Grouse) and expect any kind of weather.Have fun us Canucks are usually a friendly bunch.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 10:44:00 PM »
Canada people are great.Enjoy your hunt.
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline ozy clint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 01:08:00 AM »
hope you have better luck than i did in BC. it was a nightmare for a non resident!
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Offline harvestmoon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009, 07:34:00 AM »
The western and southern sections towards Maine have tons of deer...moose are however in greater numbers and are great for filling the locker.
Were in NB is your friend's hunting grounds?

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2009, 08:13:00 AM »
If it's a chance to get out of jersey go!!! at least you can use the first time as a scouting trip for next year.Get all the kinks out and hunt it hard for the following year,this could be an annual thing for you and your son.Good Luck
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline jerseyboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2009, 10:19:00 AM »
the guy who invited me has been hunting there for years so that should be a bonus as far as where to go. Although he is not a bowhunter and likes the mainly hunts the rut. I prefer the warmer part of the season so i guess we will have to roll them bones.
And in the end when i can no longer draw the bow or watch the arrow embark on its flight;when i posses only the spirit of the hunter, i will hunt.... if only in my dreams... because the hunt is born amidst my soul, and i... i am the hunter

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©