3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: longbow limbs and metal riser :) oh ya  (Read 775 times)

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: longbow limbs and metal riser :) oh ya
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2009, 08:19:00 AM »
Chris,

We are real excited about it and just thrilled at the performance we are getting from the limbs.  The riser is progressing and should be available in a couple of months at the latest.

Longbow limbs are available too order on Jan. 4.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2009, 04:53:00 PM »
very cool Rusty !!!
i love the versatility of ILF set ups .
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2009, 06:26:00 PM »
Least ya think I am teasing you.  Here is the first sounder of the night gathered around the tube feeding with a 45 degree elbow at the bottom.  Our stand was 9 yds from the feeder.  it was hard to pick a spot because there were so many, hard to focus.   the SRF sight makes you frame the spot.  Ya need to be able to put the arrow thru the heart so they go down as quickly as a pig will.  we are in a square mile of very dense privet bush.  

The trail cam took 256 pictures that night.  I think is wa 4 different sounders.  As i recall Mike made an attempt at counting the different pigs but I don't recall the number.

It is a great set up for a pair of fast quite longbow limbs.  Jst wait till the pig get his head in the 45 degree elbow.  Ya'll be bbg soon.

rusty

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2009, 06:51:00 PM »
I have been shooting the Dryad ILF longbow limbs for two or three weeks now.  The dalaa/dyrad with a short doniker on it has a physical weight of 2# 14 oz.  the longbow limbs and riser are very kind to my shoulder.  Infact the rig is dead in the hand on release.  The riser absorbs most of the energy from the release.  the Dryad limbs have no shock but the fact that your bone and muscle goes instantly from holding 43# to holding 2#14oz can put a lot of stress on the old orthopedic processes.  

with shoulder issues you have to find the optimum weight between the physical weight of the bow and the bows ability to absorb the release momentum.  2#14oz is a prefect for me.

The force draw curve of the longbow did indeed make it musch easier for me to shoot.  I must have a shoulder spur that catches right when the recurve limbs start loading at 1/8 draw.  the longbow limbs let me get past that into the power triangle with no pain.

I am good to go for a few more years.  :)   I got thank my best freind and hunting buddy Mike (and Jason) for putting the time and brain power into the project.  I don't think having to listen to me whinning all the time had anything to do with it  :)

rusty

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2009, 08:28:00 AM »
Yep Rusty it's been a fun project and has yielded surprising results.  I believe folks are really going to enjoy shooting the ILF risers with longbow limbs.

We are going to be working on Static Curve limbs in a couple of styles in the ILF format also.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline wisconsin wood butcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2009, 09:59:00 AM »
educational and exciting.ILF has caught my attention i have tradtech longbow limbs now any pionters/dvd/articles with lots of pics on ILF setup ?

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2009, 11:06:00 AM »
the DVD Maters of the Barebow Vol II has quite abit about hunt with an ILF rig but not lonbbow limbs per sa.  Mostly the only difference is ya have to come up with a BH and a string lenght.  you have to set the tiller on ture ILF riser.  I shoot an even tiller.  

I had to set the BH on a pair of Trad Tech longbow limbs a littel higher than you'd think to get them work out.   It was after I bought a pair of Trad Tech Loingbow limbs that I started really tring to get Mike and Jason interested in the project.  The only thing I could find out there was $600 limbs which is just way above the price of a hunting limb.  I don't know for sure what Dryad's finaly price will be but I paid $325 for this pair.  clear glass, bamboo core.  the same limb they are making for their orion so they have a lot of experinece with it.  

The production limb is going to have a micarta wedge and mine had wood. So the final price might be differnet but it will still be in range that would justify the price of  hunting limbs.

I don't know if TG will allow a thread about setting up the ILF longbow limbs on an ILF riser.  If you have question or need help tring posting the question and I'll try to help you.  I have had a good bit of experience setting the Trad Tech and the Dryad on various risers testing them out.

rusty

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2009, 11:25:00 AM »
Rusty,

The base price is set.  Bamboo core, black glass, micarta wedges and overlays. . . $300.  Clear glass option +$25.

We are going to offer veneers and such on our custom ILF bows with our riser.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©