3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting over the Holidays  (Read 537 times)

Offline Altiman94

• Trad Bowhunter
Hunting over the Holidays
« on: December 24, 2009, 11:24:00 AM »
Hello---First off I'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.  

Are any of you goign to get out during the holidays?  Maybe a chance to use that new equipment you just got?

I have a blind set out just south of my house a few hundred yards.  If I get lucky, I might find time to sneak away and hunt a few hours Saturday and Sunday!!
>>>--------->

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunting over the Holidays
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 11:50:00 AM »
Oh yea im leaving the day after christmas for a 5 day hunt and i have a couple of new bows i cant wait to break in.

Merry christmas everyone.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline Jason_MO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 11:54:00 AM »
Good Luck! If I have any luck I will be unwrapping some Asbell wool in the morning and heading out for a hunt or two Sunday thru New Years weekend in my new duds!!
Jason

Offline BCWV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 12:06:00 PM »
I was out until 11 today,I plan to hunt tomorrow evening and my brother and I have a hunt planned for Saturday. We used to have a family rabbit hunt every Christmas daywhen I was young, unless Christmas fell on Sunday. We can't hunt Sundays in WV.
 Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Offline finkm1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 12:15:00 PM »
Going to go out for a couple of hours on christmas day evening while the wife is napping. Going to expierience some PIECE ON EARTH !!!
"When in Rome, DO Rome"

"Expect more than others think is possible"

Offline Dave Pagel

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 12:25:00 PM »
I am dying to get back out one last time.  I don't know if it is going to happen though.  We are heading to northern Michigan to snowmobile for a couple of days after Christmas and we always host a little New Year's Eve party.  I used to have a tradition of sitting New Year's night just to bid the season farewell.  With any luck I will do so this year, but my hunting land is 2 hours from home.

Dave

Offline LongBow'erman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 12:29:00 PM »
I will go this weekend, but I'm cheating and taking the rifle. I sold my longbow in Nov. and now I'm waiting on a new Mowhawk. With any luck I will get another doe for the freezer.

Offline nkw880

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 01:15:00 PM »
my dad brother uncle and cousin are going down to our lease in pike county ohio on the twenty seventh my brother and i are the only ones that trad hunt everyone else compound users but we still have a great time cant wait
martin hunter 62" 55#
74 Kodiak Magnum 52" 45#
Tomahawk SS 64" 57#

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 01:22:00 PM »
I'm hoping to get out and chase some snow bunnies around our place. May try for a coyote too. just saw a bunch of tracks while snowmobiling.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline Jeff Mccarthy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 02:01:00 PM »
Yes, will be out hunting the late season starting Saturday, Just came in from scouting some standing corn and the deer are hitting it hard.
Black Widow PCHV 55#@28" 58",  Robertson Fatal Styk 50#@28" 60", Blacktail Elite 55#@28" 60"

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 02:03:00 PM »
I got an invite from a customer thats local, to come over this weekend and hunt some deer.  Got a couple of nice bucks running around and plenty of does.  This late in the season if it's legal, it's down!!  It's only about 20 minutes from home so probably hunt evenings this weekend.

LOL

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline smoked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009, 02:13:00 PM »
If the rain holds out!

Offline La. bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2009, 02:18:00 PM »
Tried to go this morning but It was raining so hard I would have needed a boat. Have to work tomorrow, Sat. and Sunday but will be off Monday and Tuesday and the weather is supposed to be good so I will be in a tree somewhere.
La. Bowhunter trad archery addict

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2009, 02:24:00 PM »
Been hunting everyday this week and planning on going for a little while in the morning if there is some snow on the ground. (my Christmas present to me  :) )
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2009, 02:50:00 PM »
Our deer season runs through the end of the year (archery only area).  If all goes well, I hope to get a couple more sits in the stand or blind for the new year.

Hope everyone has a great holiday.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline dpowers311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2009, 05:00:00 PM »
Good luck,  I might get out Saturday or Sunday.

Dave
Bryan Holley Spirit Longbow
62" 50@28
Timberhawk Falcon
62" 48#@28

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2009, 05:11:00 PM »
I'm off work till Jan.4th, hope to get in the woods a few more times and enjoy some piece! Oh how I dread the last day of bow season  :(  Jason

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2009, 05:19:00 PM »
I try to get out for a short hunt on New Years day as the saying goes what you do on New Years day is what you will be doing all year.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2009, 05:20:00 PM »
Deer season just ended here but I'll be chasing bunnys and squirrels starting this weekend right through the Winter.Then there's always yotes with the rifle.
Happy Holidays!

Offline 2ndxarnd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2009, 05:48:00 PM »
I have been seeing does everywhere, hopefully I can snag one for a donation. Good luck to all and stay warm.
Take the time to teach a child.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©